Connect with us

19th Hole

Report links 2 huge names with shock LIV move

Published

on

According to The Guardian, some big names previously linked to LIV Golf have resurfaced.

At the LIV Golf finale in Miami over the weekend, rumors flew about Xander Schauffele, Patrick Cantlay, Mito Pereira and Thomas Pieters potentially joining LIV for the 2023 season.

The report from respected journalist Ewan Murray stated:

“Speculation in Miami has linked Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele, Mito Pereira and Thomas Pieters with LIV. The loss of Cantlay and Schauffele would serve as a blow to the PGA Tour. Only a 72nd-hole disaster cost Pereira this year’s US PGA Championship. Pieters would ordinarily be in the mix for a place in Europe’s 2023 Ryder Cup team, a scenario that would be undermined by any switch to the Saudi Arabia-backed tour. LIV refused to comment on individual discussions with players.”

In addition to the speculation regarding the potential incoming players, The Guardian also spoke to LIV’s president, Atul Khosla, who confirmed there will be some new players in the mix next year.

“We are in the middle of the discussions,” he said of potential new signings. “We are going to get it done this year. We want the teams locked in by the new year. It will play itself out over the next couple of months.”

Khosla recognizes the importance of securing a television deal, and it seems that will be the main priority as LIV enters its off-season this week.

“On the US front, we are back and forth with a few different networks,” he said. “Step one was to show them the product, which they clearly understand. We had to show them the graphics and how it would be very different. Step two was to clear the time.

“We are now at the point where outlets have said time could be cleared. There are only so many times a year you can do that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We are figuring out what the commercial arrangements could look like.

“I feel good about where we are, but we have work to do over the next couple of months. We think we are providing an incredible commercial product. These are not six-month or one-year deals, if a TV network is getting behind this it’s for multiple years. We have got to start commercializing the product. We have got to get on TV, we have to get corporate partners. These are milestones that we need to hit.”

Many LIV critics have pointed to the fact the LIV didn’t have a clear business model as a major reason as to why it couldn’t last longer than a few years. However, Khosla’s comments clearly indicate that the plan is to create revenue starting in 2023.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 86
  • LEGIT8
  • WOW15
  • LOL11
  • IDHT3
  • FLOP11
  • OB4
  • SHANK106

19 Comments

19 Comments

  1. Bob

    Nov 19, 2022 at 12:56 am

    The Real Ashley Perez called to say Boring.

  2. Pingback: Sergio Garcia might have accidentally revealed LIV’s next big signing - Fly Pin High

  3. PJ

    Nov 10, 2022 at 10:23 pm

    Show me the money

  4. Gordy3279

    Nov 10, 2022 at 7:35 pm

    Said this a year ago..PGA concede and make a deal with LIV. The NBA did it with the ABA the NFL did it with great AFL. Writing is on the wall.

    • Peter Sallis

      Nov 15, 2022 at 7:57 am

      Concede what. This was a ridiculous statement 1 year ago and its still ridiculous now.

  5. Pingback: ‘I don’t like to hear that’ – Collin Morikawa left fuming by analyst Trevor Immelman’s comments – GolfWRX

  6. Pingback: ‘Don’t be a d***’ – Rocco Mediate sounds off on ungrateful LIV rebels – GolfWRX

  7. Pingback: Ian Poulter makes plea to Elon Musk after Twitter takeover – GolfWRX

  8. Pingback: Greg Norman outlines very bold plan over 2023 LIV Golf signings – GolfWRX

  9. Bobby Smith

    Nov 1, 2022 at 5:55 pm

    Looks like Wrx’s is working for blood money now. Seems like all there news is on the side of Liv now. Looks like they got bought as well.

  10. Pingback: Report links 2 huge names with shock LIV move - SOCAL Golfer

  11. Brian

    Oct 31, 2022 at 8:23 pm

    Do It!!!!!

  12. Branden W

    Oct 31, 2022 at 4:58 pm

    I could see Mito Pereira and Thomas Pieters joining LIV. The majority of the LIV roster and European Tour players who are use to playing most of their golf outside of the US. I don’t foresee Xander or Patrick leaving the PGA Tour, but anything could happen for the right price, I guess.

  13. Mike

    Oct 31, 2022 at 3:06 pm

    Cantley & Xander are good buddies. This could get interesting!

  14. Leo

    Oct 31, 2022 at 11:42 am

    There is just too much easy money to be made with LIV golf right now Never a surprise when more guys go I sure would given that opportunity

  15. Hype Man

    Oct 31, 2022 at 11:42 am

    It’s already been established that Khalsa has a difficult time with the truth. At the very least, he over exaggerates.

  16. Pingback: ‘Didn’t like how he handled himself’ – Harold Varner III hits out at own teammate at LIV event – GolfWRX

  17. Mory Rcllroy

    Oct 31, 2022 at 10:07 am

    Booooooooooooooo

  18. Pingback: "Didn’t like his handling of himself" - Harold Varner III takes aim at his teammate at the LIV event - Fly Pin High

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

‘I was super-inflamed’ – Bryson opens up on diet experiment mistake

Published

on

Golf superstar Bryson DeChambeau has been a captivating figure in the sport of golf since he earned his first PGA Tour win back in 2017.

From being so detail oriented that he used geometric compasses during his rounds to verify the accuracy of course maps to famously having irons designs for him that were all the same length (about the length of a 6-iron), he’s always done things his own way.

In addition to the “mad scientist” approach and the interesting choice of clubs, the 29-year-old also took an extreme approach to how he ate.

In order to put on as much weight as possible to add distance, DeChambeau was eating upwards of 3,500 calories per day including a great deal of protein in the form of protein shakes. In that timeframe, he put on about 50 pounds. The bulk Bryson put on turned out to be beneficial in many ways and it made him the longest driver on the PGA Tour and helped him win a U.S. Open and a handful of other big events.

However, in an interview with “The 5 Clubs Podcast“, DeChambeau revealed that all of the unhealthy eating habits were starting to take a negative toll on his overall health.

“I ate things that were not great for my system that I was very sensitive to and ultimately it got to the point where it was a little bit too much.

“I ate improperly for almost a year and a half, and I was starting to feel weird, my gut was all messed up and so I went completely healthy and went on a Whole-30 diet, got a nutritionist. I was super-inflamed.”

“I start out with going to each side and then from there I best fit what works for me,” he added. “It’s a decent way to live life, it can be a tough one at times because it’s such extremes but if you don’t know one side of the coin to the other, I mean, how can you ever figure out what works best for you? That’s what I’ve done with my life so far.”

Golf has been a struggle for DeChambeau for the past year and a half or so. His last victory was in March of 2021 (API) and he didn’t get himself into contention in any LIV Golf event.

“I played terrible golf the last year, I played my C game.”

He’s also now recommending that young golfers take a different route than he did to gain distance off the tee.

“No. I mean, get stronger in a healthy way. Go get a blood sensitivity test and figure out what works best for your body to gain size and strength.”

Bryson said that he now feels and looks younger after returning to a healthier lifestyle, so it will be interesting to see if that translates to the golf course in 2023.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 9
  • LEGIT1
  • WOW1
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP2
  • OB2
  • SHANK10

Continue Reading

19th Hole

‘Not very happy with that article’ – Nelly Korda hits out at interview involving current coach

Published

on

LPGA Tour superstar Nelly Korda reclaimed her spot as the number one player in the world last week after a win at the Pelican Championship.

It has been an up and down season for Korda, who had been struggling with some health issues which led to inconsistent play.

After the victory, her coach, Jamie Mulligan spoke to Golfweek. In the interview, Mulligan went into detail about some of the health issues Korda has had this past year, which Korda had chosen to keep mostly private.

The coach said that Korda had a blood clot that was only two centimeters from her heart. He also said she was “sounding emotional” during the incident and that her hands were “turning weird colors” on the day she received her diagnosis.

Given her desire to keep the situation private, it’s no surprise that Korda was upset with the story that came out of the interview Mulligan gave to Golfweek.

“I was not very happy with that article because that was a very … I think that was blown out of proportion a good bit,” she said. “It was definitely not that bad, but I’m very private about my medical history, my medical issues. So, in a sense, yeah, I think that article is just blown out of proportion, honestly.”

While she didn’t come out and say she was displeased that a member of her team shared information that she didn’t want revealed, she was visibly annoyed. When asked how she felt about Mulligan sharing the information she said, “No. Nothing to say.”

After the win last week, Korda said “There has been more downs than ups this year I think, and I think that that’s what makes this so much sweeter to me.”

Things seem to finally be on the right track for the ten-time winner, and she will look to keep her momentum at the CME Group Tour Championship as 60 players will compete for one of the biggest purses of the year.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 57
  • LEGIT7
  • WOW3
  • LOL5
  • IDHT5
  • FLOP4
  • OB1
  • SHANK6

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Legendary announcer not expecting call from LIV after ‘spat’ with Greg Norman

Published

on

Last week, Roger Maltbie was told he wouldn’t be returning to the broadcast booth for NBC in 2023.

Maltbie did an interview with Sirius XM PGA Tour Radio to discuss his career and plans going forward. The 71-year-old said that “there’s hurt feelings and there’s also a lot of gratitude.”

After working for NBC for 31 years, Maltbie was asked if he’d consider going to broadcast for the PGA Tour’s rival in LIV Golf next season. While he wasn’t opposed to the idea, Maltbie indicated that it was unlikely due to the fact that he and LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman had a falling out at some point, so he doesn’t think they’d be interested.

“I guess at this age, at 71, you never say never, but that would shock me beyond belief.

“Greg Norman and I had sort of a spat you might call it years back, and I doubt that I would get a call from LIV, let’s put it that way.”

Despite his poor relationship with Norman, Maltbie defended the players who’ve joined LIV and indicated he has no issues whatsoever with the controversial league.

“This LIV thing, it’s kind of crazy,” he said. “There’s so much hypocrisy involved in it.”

“I don’t begrudge any player that accepted that money or decided to do that. That’s still a decision that is 1,000% their right. I don’t like the idea that they think they could do that and play the PGA Tour. I don’t follow that, but I’m not upset with it.

“There are people that have this moral outrage about accepting money from the Saudi Investment Fund and it’s like, really? All the business that our government does with Saudi Arabia, and the largest corporations in America, so many of them do some business with the Saudis.

“Why all of a sudden are golfers the moral compass of the world? I don’t understand that. So, I have no problem with those guys taking that money.”

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 124
  • LEGIT8
  • WOW4
  • LOL4
  • IDHT4
  • FLOP4
  • OB2
  • SHANK22

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending