Connect with us

19th Hole

Kevin Na’s caddie claims two anti-LIV pros tried to join breakaway tour

Published

on

A few weeks ago, Tiger Woods’ former swing coach, Hank Haney, said on his podcast that there was a PGA Tour player who’s been adamantly against LIV that initially had attempted to join the breakaway tour for an asking price of $55 million.

Phil Mickelson then liked multiple tweets suggesting that Billy Horschel may have been the player that Haney was referring to.

Now, another person who claims to have the same information is speaking up. Earlier this week on the “Beyond the Clubhouse” podcast, Kevin Na’s caddie Kenny Harms said that two players who’ve been “boisterous” against LIV have asked to join.

“There’s a couple of players who have been very boisterous against LIV who actually asked for money to play on LIV and got turned down”.

Harms refused to say specifically which players asked for the money and were turned down.

The caddie of 32 years then sent a message to all of the LIV critics, saying they should “give it a chance”.

“It’s not a threat. There’s 14 tournaments on LIV, and there’s 48 or 49 on the PGA Tour.”

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 36
  • LEGIT12
  • WOW8
  • LOL9
  • IDHT4
  • FLOP11
  • OB7
  • SHANK92

14 Comments

14 Comments

  1. Pingback: 54-hole tour granted Official World Golf Ranking points…but it isn’t LIV – GolfWRX

  2. B $$$

    Jan 1, 2023 at 10:38 pm

    This isn’t that simple, is it???

  3. Averysdad

    Dec 29, 2022 at 5:26 pm

    Sooo tired of hearing about LIV…let them do their thing and if they qualify for the majors let them play…No TV deal, LIV is done by 2023. They’ll get tired enough of Greg Norman on their own and fire him. The idea of 54 hole exhibition golf with nothing on the line and the team concept…dumb; but that’s just MY opinion.

  4. Dan

    Dec 29, 2022 at 9:48 am

    Kenny is a flag waving, Trump loving, American, where foreign money rules and working less for it is king. Kenny, Kevin and the boys are true patriots

  5. tigger in the woods

    Dec 24, 2022 at 12:51 pm

    Money talks. It’s that simple.

  6. GGmoney

    Dec 24, 2022 at 12:50 pm

    Money talks. The other stuff walks. It’s that simple.

  7. john john

    Dec 24, 2022 at 12:50 pm

    Money talks. You know what walks. It’s that simple.

  8. Jimmmmmmy

    Dec 24, 2022 at 12:49 pm

    Money talks. B——S walks. It’s that simple.

  9. Jimmmmmmy

    Dec 24, 2022 at 12:48 pm

    Money talks. B to the S walks. It’s that simple.

  10. crashtestdummy

    Dec 24, 2022 at 9:56 am

    They should say who the names are. It would be interesting to see. Also, it was reported that around 100 PGA players submitted applications for releases to play the for the first LIV event at Centurion. It would be interesting to know who those names were too. I’d bet a lot of names that are against LIV applied to play the first LIV event.

    • crashtestwall

      Dec 27, 2022 at 1:15 pm

      Where was that reported?? I’ve never seen a report claim anywhere close to 100 current PGA tour players.

    • Jbone

      Jan 12, 2023 at 9:32 am

      I’m sure that would be violating an NDA and/or scaring away other players from negotiating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

Report: PGA Tour winner latest player to sign with LIV Golf

Published

on

Another PGA Tour winner is headed to LIV Golf.

According to The Telegraph, Colombian Sebastian Munoz has agreed to a deal with the rival circuit. Munoz adds to the growing list of Spanish speaking players on LIV including Joaquin Niemann, Sergio Garcia, Abraham Ancer, Mito Pereira and Eugenio Chacarra.

Munoz has previously won the Sanderson Farms Championship and has six additional top-5 finishes on the PGA Tour.

At the time of his signing, the 30-year-old was ranked 90th in the Official World Golf Rankings. Munoz is set to make his LIV Golf debut at Mayakoba on February 24-26.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 1
  • LEGIT0
  • WOW1
  • LOL0
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP3
  • OB0
  • SHANK0

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Bubba Watson says that he will beg Jay Monahan to play in this PGA Tour event

Published

on

Bubba Watson, who joined LIV Golf last year, is still hoping he can play in a PGA Tour event.

The two-time major champion plans to “beg” PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan to allow Watson and his son to play in next year’s PNC Championship, which is an event that consists of a father/son or father/daughter tandem with one professional on each team.

“My son, like I said, he doesn’t play golf, but now his whole goal was – I’ll put this out there, his whole goal was to play in the PNC, which is the parent-junior, and now I’m not allowed to play in it. As soon as I see Jay Monahan – if Jay Monahan is watching this, I’ll see you at Augusta and I’ll try to beg you to let us play the PNC again.”

Watson and the other LIV golfers who were previously exempt or top-50 in the world will still get a chance to compete in this year Masters Tournament, to which Bubba is grateful.

“I was very thankful that we get to go back to the Masters. Then LIV announced their schedule, so I won’t be able to go to the women’s tournament or the Drive, Chip & Putt with the kids because we’ll be in Orlando. But it’s one year, I’m going to definitely be in the ears of people at LIV and try to see if I can get back there because I want to support what the Masters means to the game of golf, what the membership of Augusta means to the game of golf, and I would love to be there for the Women’s Amateur and the kids on Sunday.”

The 44-year-old (along with all LIV players) is currently suspended from the PGA Tour but will make his first start since the PGA Championship in May of 2022 at this week’s Saudi International at Royal Greens Golf and Country Club after missing time with a torn meniscus.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 2
  • LEGIT1
  • WOW1
  • LOL5
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP0
  • OB1
  • SHANK3

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Patrick Reed issues statement following rules controversy in Dubai

Published

on

On his way to finishing runner-up at last week’s Dubai Desert Classic, Patrick Reed found himself caught up in two incidents of note.

The first, widely nicknamed ‘Tee Gate’ saw a pre-event spat between Reed and the world number one and tournament favourite Rory McIlroy, resulting in the former Masters winner lobbing a LIV-branded tee in his opponent’s direction. Little were they aware that it would take a birdie at each of the final two holes for McIlroy to overcome the most talked-about player in golf.

The second newsworthy episode involved Reed losing his ball up a tree on the 17th fairway, an escapade that resulted in a social media frenzy asking whether the ball found was, in fact, the correct ball and how several marshals identified it.

The DP World Tour’s statement at the time cleared Reed, stating that, “Using binoculars [the DP World Tour Chief Referee] joined the player in the area and asked him to identify his distinctive ball markings,” and “was satisfied that a ball with those markings was lodged in the tree.”

Video footage and players’ comments subsequently pointed to the ball flying into a different tee, but in Reed’s defence, he was likely to have been advised to the exact tree to look into, rather than guess himself.

He signed for a bogey five on the hole, a score that could have been one shot worse if having to reload on the tee box.

Reed himself sees the event much like most did the tee-peg incident – as something and nothing – and posted a statement to that effect on Twitter today:

With that all over, this week Reed returns to the Asian Tour for the Saudi International, where he meets up with much of his LIV counterparts in an event dominated by two-time champion Dustin Johnson.

More from the 19th Hole

 

Your Reaction?
  • 11
  • LEGIT5
  • WOW2
  • LOL8
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP3
  • OB3
  • SHANK27

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending