Connect with us

19th Hole

Tiger Woods reveals the best celebrity foursome he’s ever played with

Published

on

With Capital One’s The Match set to take place this weekend, Tiger Woods was asked about the best celebrity foursome that he’s ever played a round with.

Tiger replied:

“[John] Smoltz, [Tom] Glavine and [Greg] Maddux when they were all pitching with the Braves. That was epic. I shot 62, 62 and lost money.”

The three pitchers combined to win seven National League Cy Young Awards in the 1990s and led the Atlanta Braves to a World Series win in 1995.

The 15-time major champion was also asked what his “dream foursome” would be, to which he replied: “It wouldn’t be a foursome. It would be my dad, myself and Charlie.”

Tiger’s father, Earl, passed away in 2006 and his son, Charlie, was born in 2009.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 47
  • LEGIT4
  • WOW1
  • LOL6
  • IDHT2
  • FLOP3
  • OB4
  • SHANK8

6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. Pingback: Zalatoris return date - Fly Pin High

  2. Pingback: Morning 9: Tiger ready for Match | Zalatoris return date | More NBC changes – GolfWRX

  3. Elin

    Dec 7, 2022 at 4:53 pm

    Stay off drugs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

Report: PGA Tour winner latest player to sign with LIV Golf

Published

on

Another PGA Tour winner is headed to LIV Golf.

According to The Telegraph, Colombian Sebastian Munoz has agreed to a deal with the rival circuit. Munoz adds to the growing list of Spanish speaking players on LIV including Joaquin Niemann, Sergio Garcia, Abraham Ancer, Mito Pereira and Eugenio Chacarra.

Munoz has previously won the Sanderson Farms Championship and has six additional top-5 finishes on the PGA Tour.

At the time of his signing, the 30-year-old was ranked 90th in the Official World Golf Rankings. Munoz is set to make his LIV Golf debut at Mayakoba on February 24-26.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 4
  • LEGIT2
  • WOW2
  • LOL2
  • IDHT1
  • FLOP4
  • OB0
  • SHANK2

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Bubba Watson says that he will beg Jay Monahan to play in this PGA Tour event

Published

on

Bubba Watson, who joined LIV Golf last year, is still hoping he can play in a PGA Tour event.

The two-time major champion plans to “beg” PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan to allow Watson and his son to play in next year’s PNC Championship, which is an event that consists of a father/son or father/daughter tandem with one professional on each team.

“My son, like I said, he doesn’t play golf, but now his whole goal was – I’ll put this out there, his whole goal was to play in the PNC, which is the parent-junior, and now I’m not allowed to play in it. As soon as I see Jay Monahan – if Jay Monahan is watching this, I’ll see you at Augusta and I’ll try to beg you to let us play the PNC again.”

Watson and the other LIV golfers who were previously exempt or top-50 in the world will still get a chance to compete in this year Masters Tournament, to which Bubba is grateful.

“I was very thankful that we get to go back to the Masters. Then LIV announced their schedule, so I won’t be able to go to the women’s tournament or the Drive, Chip & Putt with the kids because we’ll be in Orlando. But it’s one year, I’m going to definitely be in the ears of people at LIV and try to see if I can get back there because I want to support what the Masters means to the game of golf, what the membership of Augusta means to the game of golf, and I would love to be there for the Women’s Amateur and the kids on Sunday.”

The 44-year-old (along with all LIV players) is currently suspended from the PGA Tour but will make his first start since the PGA Championship in May of 2022 at this week’s Saudi International at Royal Greens Golf and Country Club after missing time with a torn meniscus.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 5
  • LEGIT2
  • WOW2
  • LOL12
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP1
  • OB1
  • SHANK14

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Patrick Reed issues statement following rules controversy in Dubai

Published

on

On his way to finishing runner-up at last week’s Dubai Desert Classic, Patrick Reed found himself caught up in two incidents of note.

The first, widely nicknamed ‘Tee Gate’ saw a pre-event spat between Reed and the world number one and tournament favourite Rory McIlroy, resulting in the former Masters winner lobbing a LIV-branded tee in his opponent’s direction. Little were they aware that it would take a birdie at each of the final two holes for McIlroy to overcome the most talked-about player in golf.

The second newsworthy episode involved Reed losing his ball up a tree on the 17th fairway, an escapade that resulted in a social media frenzy asking whether the ball found was, in fact, the correct ball and how several marshals identified it.

The DP World Tour’s statement at the time cleared Reed, stating that, “Using binoculars [the DP World Tour Chief Referee] joined the player in the area and asked him to identify his distinctive ball markings,” and “was satisfied that a ball with those markings was lodged in the tree.”

Video footage and players’ comments subsequently pointed to the ball flying into a different tee, but in Reed’s defence, he was likely to have been advised to the exact tree to look into, rather than guess himself.

He signed for a bogey five on the hole, a score that could have been one shot worse if having to reload on the tee box.

Reed himself sees the event much like most did the tee-peg incident – as something and nothing – and posted a statement to that effect on Twitter today:

With that all over, this week Reed returns to the Asian Tour for the Saudi International, where he meets up with much of his LIV counterparts in an event dominated by two-time champion Dustin Johnson.

More from the 19th Hole

 

Your Reaction?
  • 22
  • LEGIT7
  • WOW2
  • LOL13
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP4
  • OB3
  • SHANK66

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending