Spring always brings a newfound hope for golfers, from new clubs to warmer weather, it’s prep time for the season.
This also means it’s decision time – join a club or pay as you play at daily-fee courses.
- With daily-fee you can pick up and play where ever and whenever without feeling like you’re not getting your value by not “playing at the club”.
- In many cases, it’s less cost intrusive to play with friends that aren’t members of the same club or course meaning you still get to play with your regular group.
- Even though private courses are well known for being in great shape, with daily-fee you can always pick the courses that are in the best shape.
- Thanks to more online booking, finding deals at great golf courses is easier than ever – although getting coveted early times might be a bit more difficult.
Private club advantages
- With private clubs, you generally always have great access to tee times with many clubs completely working on a first come first serve in-person basis.
- Based on the generally larger grounds budget, maintenance is a top priority at most clubs meaning you don’t have to call ahead to find out what kind of condition the course is in.
- With a club environment, there are always various competitions taking place. From weekly events and game times to culminating championships, you can feed your competitive side.
With the options available where will you be choosing this year?
On Spec: Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters!
Host Ryan Barath breaks down the Masters after Hideki Matsuyama’s historic win, including his what’s in the bag.
GolfWRX Radio: Masters preview with Ryan Barath and Brian Knudson
The Masters tournament is a special time every year and this April is no different. Barath and Knudson talk about their picks for players who could win as well as some players who they think aren’t ready to win. The discussion also includes some personal experiences with the Masters both at home and at the tournament.
Club Junkie: Wedge Wednesday! New Edel SMS and Cobra Snakebite
Wedge Wednesday is here! We have some new wedges from Edel and Cobra that were just released. Edel’s SMS wedge with Swing Match Weighting System is made to be adjusted for each player’s swing. Cobra’s Snakebite wedge has wider and shallower full-face grooves for more spin out of any lie.
PGA Tour pro slammed on social media for not wearing Tiger red at WGC-Workday
Collin Morikawa’s winning WITB: 2021 WGC Workday Championship at The Concession
Best driver 2021: By club fitters for you!
Rickie Fowler makes dramatic iron change
The 555-yard par 5 that Bryson will try and DRIVE this week at Bay Hill
Claude Harmon III explains why he was fired by Brooks Koepka
Lee Westwood WITB 2021 (The Players)
Nelly Korda’s winning WITB: 2021 Gainbridge LPGA
Arnold Palmer Invitational Tour Truck Report: Rickie’s iron experiments continue, MMT train rolls on, Rose tests a ton
Best fairway woods of 2021: By club fitters for you!
Hideki Matsuyama’s winning WITB: 2021 Masters
Driver: Srixon ZX5 (9.5 degrees, flat) Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8 TX 3-wood: TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium (15 degrees) Shaft: Graphite...
Corey Conners WITB 2021 Masters
Driver: Ping G400 LST (8.5 degrees @8 degrees, standard, D4+) Shaft: UST Elements Gold 6F5 (tipped 1″) 3-wood: Ping G425 LST...
Justin Thomas WITB 2021 Masters
Driver: Titleist TS3 (9.5 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 60 TX 3-wood: Titleist TS3 (15 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi Tensei AV...
Xander Schauffele WITB 2021 Masters
Driver: Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond (9 degrees) Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7 X (Custom Black, 45.5 inches, tipped 1 inch,...
19th Hole2 weeks ago
‘Shut it!’ – Paul Casey puts disrespectful spectator in his place
Whats in the Bag2 weeks ago
Billy Horschel’s winning WITB: 2021 WGC-Dell Match Play
Tour Photo Galleries3 weeks ago
WGC Match Play Tour Truck Report: New putters for Kuchar, McIlroy, Poulter
Whats in the Bag2 weeks ago
Joel Dahmen’s winning WITB: 2021 Corales Puntacana
Tour News2 weeks ago
Valero Texas Open Tour Truck Report: Stenson back in Diablo, Rickie’s limited-edition driver, latest AutoFlex-er
19th Hole3 weeks ago
Professional golfers who have never had a lesson
Whats in the Bag1 week ago
Jordan Spieth’s winning WITB 2021 Valero Texas Open
Whats in the Bag3 weeks ago
Ian Poulter WITB 2021 (March)