Odyssey’s Versa putters take alignment in a new direction. Rather than have golfers focusing on the target line using parallel alignment aids, Versa putters were developed to make golfers turn their attention to a black-and-white finish that is perpendicular to the line of a putt and matches the alignment of a putter’s face.
“The development of this putter line was somewhat serendipitous,” said Austie Rollinson, principal designer for Odyssey. “We were working on another putter concept that utilized multiple materials. We had arranged the materials in such a way that they were layered from face to back and alternated between black and white. Although the initial concept proved to be too expensive to produce, we quickly realized that we had an new an innovative new alignment feature for a blade.”
Check out the chart that illustrates the important of proper alignment. According to Odyssey studies, a 1-degree error in putter face aim will give a golfer no chance of making a 12-foot putt.
Availability: January 15, 2013
- All Versa Models: $169 USD
- Right handed: #1, #1W (wide), #2, #7, #9, 2-Ball
- Left handed: #1, #7, #9
- Black / White / Black (BWB) or White / Black / White (WBW) except the 2-Ball, which is WBW only.==
- All models available in 33″, 34″ and 35″.
- Head weight will be 345 grams, except for 2-Ball, which will be 355 grams.
- All models will have the newly developed insert similar to the ‘White Hot’, designed specifically for each putter model.