GolfWRX is live this week from the 2017 Presidents Cup at Liberty National Golf Club (7,328 yards; par 71) in Jersey City, New Jersey. The course, which presents views of the New York City skyline and the Statue of Liberty, hosted the Barclays in 2009 and 2013, and is hosting its first Presidents Cup this year.
The Presidents Cup — a biennial event that pits a team of 12 United States golfers against 12 international golfers (minus Europe) — has been played since 1994. Since then, the United States team has won nine times, the international team has one victory (1998), and the event has ended in a tie once (2003).
Last year, the United States won by a tight margin of 15.5 to 14.5 points. For this year’s format, Day 1 (Thursday) will have 5 foursomes matches, Day 2 (Friday) will have 5 fourballs matches, Day 3 (Saturday) will have 4 foursomes and 4 fourballs matches, and Day 4 (Sunday) will have 12 singles matches.
The team rosters are as follows.
United States Team
- Daniel Berger (1st Presidents Cup)
- Kevin Chappell (1st)
- Rickie Fowler (2nd)
- Charley Hoffman (1st)
- Dustin Johnson (3rd)
- Kevin Kisner (1st)
- Brooks Koepka (1st)
- Matt Kuchar (4th)
- Phil Mickelson (12th)
- Patrick Reed (2nd)
- Jordan Spieth (3rd)
- Justin Thomas (1st)
- Captain: Steve Stricker
- Jason Day, Australia (4th Presidents Cup)
- Branden Grace, South Africa (3rd)
- Emiliano Grillo, Argentina (1st)
- Adam Hadwin, Canada (1st)
- Si Woo Kim, South Korea (1st)
- Anirban Lahiri, India (2nd)
- Marc Leishman, Australia (3rd)
- Hideki Matsyama, Japan (3rd)
- Louis Oosthuizen, South Africa (3rd)
- Charl Schwartzel, South Africa (4th)
- Adam Scott, Australia (8th)
- Jhonattan Vegas, Venezuela (1st)
- Captain: Nick Price, Zimbabwe
Check out out photos below from the 2017 Presidents Cup at Liberty National!
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 1
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 2
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 3
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 4
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 5
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 6
- 2017 Presidents Cup: Tues. Pt. 7