Connect with us

19th Hole

‘My chill here was zero’ – The comment from Genesis winner Hideki Matsuyama that left Amanda Balionis Renner stunned

Published

on

On Sunday at Riviera, Hideki Matsuyama shot one of the most impressive rounds in the history of the event (check out Matsuyama’s winning WITB here).

The Japanese star was six shots back of Patrick Cantlay to begin his final round with a handful of very good players ahead of him as well. Matsuyama went on to shoot 62 and won the event by an unthinkable three shots. During the round, Hideki made a few incredible shots including a dart on the par-4th 15th to less than a foot.

After the round, Matsuyama spoke to Golf on CBS’ Amanda Renner via a translator about the round. Inexplicably, the 2021 Masters Champion said he felt like he shot 3 over par on the day.

Renner seemed shocked by the comment and took to X later to share her thoughts.

“My chill here was… zero,” she said.

Hideki is truly one of a kind!

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 13
  • LEGIT1
  • WOW2
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP1
  • OB1
  • SHANK4

19th Hole

Man charged with stealing millions of dollars worth of memorabilia from Augusta National

Published

on

Augusta National

According to a report from the Chicago Tribune, a man has been charged in Chicago with stealing millions of dollars’ worth of memorabilia from Augusta National.

The man, Robert Globensky, was charged with transporting the memorabilia across state lines.

The report states that between 2009 and 2022, Globensky allegedly transported “millions of dollars’ worth of Masters golf tournament merchandise and historical memorabilia” from Augusta National “and transported to Tampa, Florida, knowing the same had been stolen, converted and taken by fraud.”

The document was filed Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

Per the court records there is no mention that Globensky worked for the golf club.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 1
  • LEGIT0
  • WOW0
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP0
  • OB0
  • SHANK0

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Talor Gooch: 54 holes is more exciting for the fans

Published

on

Over the past few weeks, two of LIV Golf’s biggest stars, Jon Rahm and Phil Mickelson, have both expressed that they believe LIV could go to 72 holes.

While speaking to BBC Sport, Rahm said he “wouldn’t mind” going to 72 holes.

“If there ever was a way where LIV could go to 72 holes I think it would help all of this argument a lot.”

“The closer I think we can get LIV Golf to some other things the better. I think it would be for some kind of unification to feed into a world tour or something like that.

“I don’t know if I’m alone in this, but I definitely wouldn’t mind going back to 72 holes.”

Phil Mickelson, while speaking after his final round at The Masters, also said he “wouldn’t be surprised” if LIV went to 72 holes.

“I don’t think it makes a difference either way. We’ve got mini-tours playing 54, Champions Tour playing 54. I wouldn’t be surprised if some or all of LIV events went to 72. I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter. I enjoy the competition.”

Another one of LIV’s top players, Talor Gooch, expressed on Wednesday that he feels quite differently.

“It’s just funny to me, this arbitrary number of 72.”

“Why is it not 90? “Why is it not 108? We just decided to make that number the number, for what reason?”

“Everyone’s talked about world ranking points and all this stuff, but no one’s talked about what do the fans enjoy more?”

“People want something that’s going to be more exciting. And I personally think that the 54 holes is more exciting for the fans.”

After Gooch’s comments, I decided to get some fan feedback for myself, making a poll on X. With about 4,500 votes in at the time of writing this, roughly 84% of voters in the poll indicated they’d prefer 72 holes to just 16% saying they’d prefer 54.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 2
  • LEGIT0
  • WOW0
  • LOL1
  • IDHT2
  • FLOP1
  • OB1
  • SHANK10

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Brandel Chamblee has ‘no doubt’ who started the McIlroy/LIV rumor and why

Published

on

Earlier this week, rumors began to fly that Rory McIlroy could be making a shock switch to LIV Golf which caused quite the stir on social media.

However, on Tuesday, McIlroy emphatically shut down those rumors, telling Golf Channel’s Todd Lewis at the RBC Heritage at Harbour Town:

“I honestly don’t know how these things get started. I’ve never been offered a number from LIV and I’ve never contemplated going to LIV. Again I think I’ve made it clear over the past two years that I don’t think it’s something for me.

It’s unfortunate that we have to deal with it and this is the state that our game’s in. I’m obviously here today and I’m playing this PGA Tour event next week and I will play the PGA Tour for the rest of my career.”

Golf Channel analyst and longtime LIV critic, Brandel Chamblee, took to social media before McIlroy’s statement to point the finger at “Saudis/LIV,” who he believes started the rumor:

When one user pushed back on Chamblee’s claim that LIV golfers had a poor showing at the Masters, Brandel went further into why he believes the opening major of the year was a failure for the breakaway tour.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 14
  • LEGIT3
  • WOW1
  • LOL3
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP2
  • OB0
  • SHANK11

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending