Connect with us

19th Hole

Will Zalatoris condemns former mentor’s obscene attack on NBC pair

Published

on

After Will Zalatoris won his first ever PGA TOUR event in dramatic fashion, his former mentor Scott Fawcett took to Twitter to criticize NBC’s broadcasting team.

Fawcett’s tweets (now deleted) were directed at Dan Hicks and Brad Faxon, who made a few comments about Zalatoris’ putting stroke that Fawcett took exception to.

The comments were captured and slammed by Justin Thomas, and reader beware, they feature plenty of expletives.

Fawcett was a coach of Zalatoris’ in his junior playing days and caddied for him when he won the 2014 Junior Amateur Championship.

The next day, Fawcett went on The Loop podcast and defended his comments.

“Find me a single tour player that has met me in person that says I’m not a good guy and does all I can to help them. Go find me one, I’ll give you $1 million.”

Despite Zalatoris’ previous relationship with Fawcett, he made it clear on ‘Golf Today’ on Wednesday, that he does not support the comments made attacking Hicks and Faxon.

“Scott Fawcett is not a paid member of my team. I in no way condone or support anything that was said in those tweets. I personally reached out to Dan Hicks and Brad Faxon and echoed that I don’t condone what he said. Any interviews he’s given have been unauthorized.

He has tried to reach out to me and I have not spoken to him. I’m thankful to him for everything he helped me with in the ups and downs in junior golf but those statements are not a reflection of my values or me.”

Your Reaction?
  • 82
  • LEGIT7
  • WOW1
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP0
  • OB0
  • SHANK9

6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. Pingback: ‘He’s tried to cancel me for years’ – DECADE Golf creator reveals history of feud with Brad Faxon – GolfWRX

  2. geohogan

    Aug 21, 2022 at 11:46 am

    Will showing more class than the rest.

  3. Smurf

    Aug 19, 2022 at 4:59 am

    Looks like he’s about to drop one in that pic.

  4. Shorty

    Aug 18, 2022 at 9:28 pm

    He is right, the NBC broadcasting team is garbage.

  5. Goober Rat

    Aug 18, 2022 at 8:47 pm

    Wow. Someone who uses Twitter more insanely than Tr***? Crazy.

  6. Bob

    Aug 18, 2022 at 10:03 am

    Wow. What a ghetto rat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy served Subpoena over PGA Tour players’ meeting

Published

on

The PGA vs. LIV Golf continues to provide weekly drama, with the latest development a bit of a shocker.

Larry Klayman, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of Patrick Reed against Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee is now attempting to summon Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy to court to testify regarding their players-only meeting in Delaware last week.

Klayman is claiming that the meeting was “anticompetitive and violative of the antitrust laws vis a vis the LIV Golf Tour and its players.”

The attorney says that Woods has been given a notice to appear in court on September 21st and McIlroy for September 22nd. PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan has also been summoned for September 27th.

The attorney issued a release alleging that the meeting may provide further evidence of collusion against LIV Golf.

“This is not a personal ‘thing’ against Woods, McIlroy and Monahan, it’s about getting information about what occurred at the players’ meeting and generally with regard to allegations in our complaint that the PGA Tour, the DP World Tour and their commissioners Jay Monahan and Keith Pelley, are allegedly colluding in restraint of trade and the antitrust laws to harm the LIV Golf Tour and its players.”

Klayman’s statement also mentions the scheduling changes for 2023 and beyond and claims they are an attempt to “emulate LIV Golf, while continuing to allegedly harm LIV and its players by, among other alleged anticompetitive acts, working to deny them world ranking points to compete in major tournaments such as the Masters, U.S. Open, British Open and PGA Championship.”

With more golfers expected to make the jump to LIV on Monday following the TOUR Championship, the ongoing PGA vs. LIV saga is far from reaching its conclusion.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 1
  • LEGIT0
  • WOW1
  • LOL0
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP1
  • OB3
  • SHANK10

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Soccer legend Cristiano Ronaldo wants to buy golf clubhouse…so he can demolish it

Published

on

Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is in the process of building a £17 million home in Portugal. The property is in Quinta da Marinha and right next to Oitavos Golf Club.

There’s just one problem with Ronaldo’s new property. The golf course’s clubhouse is obstructing his view, and the soccer legend wants to have it demolished.

Per the Sun, someone familiar with Ronaldo’s thoughts on the matter stated:

“The clubhouse was a problem for him, so he wants the problem removed. Cost is not an issue – he is a perfectionist who can afford perfection.”

The 37-year-old and his lawyers are in talks with the golf course about relocating both the club house and the parking lot. Ronaldo is reportedly willing to pay for them both to be moved and will then put in a driveway where the clubhouse used to be.

Ronaldo is currently in a three-year deal with Manchester United worth £26,800,000 per year.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 1
  • LEGIT0
  • WOW1
  • LOL1
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP1
  • OB0
  • SHANK4

Continue Reading

19th Hole

McIlroy takes aim at Mickelson’s conduct while Greg Norman trolls in the wake of PGA Tour changes

Published

on

On Wednesday, Jay Monahan announced several enhancements to the PGA Tour and its schedule in a press conference ahead of the Tour Championship.

The new changes include additional “elevated events” for 2023, with top players (defined as players who finish in the top 20 under the current Player Impact Program and players who finish in the top 20 under the revised PIP criteria) set to participate in at least 20 PGA Tour events (up from 15, previously).

In addition, a new Earnings Assurance Program will guarantee all fully exempt tour players who compete in 15 tournaments $500,000.

Ahead of the season finale, a reporter at East Lake asked Rory McIlroy the following question: “Obviously several months ago Phil made some comments about the Tour that were pretty harsh. I’m just wondering in light of what we’ve learned today if any of his underlying points had some merit. Maybe not the egregious ones, but if you dug down deeper, is there any truth to some of that, and is that why we’re seeing this now?”

In response, McIlroy stated:

“Yeah, as much as I probably don’t want to give Phil any sort of credit at all, yeah, there were certain points that he was trying to make. But there’s a way to go about them. There’s a way to collaborate. There’s a way — you get all the top players in the world together and you get them on the same page. You then go to the Tour and you suggest ideas and you work together. This was pure collaboration.

“As I said, this isn’t some sort of renegade group trying to take some sort of power grab of the PGA Tour. This is, okay, how can we make this Tour better for everyone that’s going to play on it now and everyone that’s going to play on the PGA Tour going forward.

“Were some of these ideas, did they have merit? Of course they did. But he just didn’t approach it the right way.”

On the other side of the battlefield is Greg Norman, CEO of LIV Golf, who couldn’t resist a dig at the PGA Tour following the news, taking to Instagram to make his feelings known, saying “A day late and a dollar short.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Greg Norman (@shark_gregnorman)

While LIV Golf had a 17-word response to the new changes, via Alan Shipnuck, which read: “LIV Golf is clearly the best thing that’s ever happened to help the careers of professional golfers.”

Your Reaction?
  • 19
  • LEGIT4
  • WOW5
  • LOL6
  • IDHT2
  • FLOP1
  • OB1
  • SHANK21

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending