Connect with us

19th Hole

Tiger Update: Woods walking with full weight on right leg but with ‘noticeable limp’

Published

on

As first reported by TMZ Sports, Tiger Woods has been spotted recently walking with a noticeable limp.

The positive news, however, is that Woods is no longer walking with crutches or any walking aids, but the limp indicates he is still a while away from returning to competitive golf.

Check out the latest video showing Woods without crutches below.

Tiger was also seen recently putting his full weight on his surgically repaired right leg. He has been following his son, Charlie around the golf course, though it has not been reported whether or not he has taken any swings himself.

For what it’s worth, Tiger’s good friend and fellow PGA TOUR star Justin Thomas appeared on the “No Laying Up”  podcast last week and said he believes that Woods will play competitive golf again: “I know that he’s going to try,” said Thomas, who added that he’s been visiting with Woods two or three times a week in Florida recently.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 46
  • LEGIT4
  • WOW3
  • LOL2
  • IDHT1
  • FLOP3
  • OB1
  • SHANK8

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

Report: Cam Smith set for LIV debut in Boston after accepting mega sign-on fee

Published

on

In the moments after Cameron Smith won his first major championship at St. Andrews, he was immediately asked about rumors that he may be interested in joining LIV Golf.

Smith didn’t deny his interest in joining LIV, which caused speculation to run rampant in the days following the Open Championship.

“I just won the British Open and you’re asking about that? I think that’s pretty not that good,” Smith said.

Less than a month after he hoisted the Claret Jug on the sacred ground of the Old Course, the Champion Golfer of the Year is now LIV bound.

According to The Telegraph, the number two ranked player in the world has signed a deal worth north of $100 million.

The Australian will also still have a chance to win the FedEx Cup prior to joining LIV.

“A formal announcement is not expected until the three-week FedEx Cup play-off series has finished,” the report states.

Smith currently ranks second in the FedEx Cup standings; therefore, he has a realistic chance at making a run at the FedEx Cup and the $18 million that comes with it before teeing it up at LIV Boston, where he will reportedly make his LIV debut, after the PGA TOUR season ends.

Asked to comment on the Telegraph’s report at his Tuesday presser at the Northern Trust, Smith stated: “My goal here is to win the FedExCup Playoffs,” before adding that he has “no comment” on the report.

Many of the players who’ve left the PGA TOUR for LIV Golf have been shrugged off due to age or a declining skill set. Smith is an elite talent in the prime of his career and the most recent major champion.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 8
  • LEGIT4
  • WOW1
  • LOL4
  • IDHT1
  • FLOP2
  • OB3
  • SHANK8

Continue Reading

19th Hole

‘They’re gone’ – Aussie pro says Cam Smith and fellow countryman have joined LIV

Published

on

Despite no LIV events being on this week, the breakaway tour continues to make headlines.

According to Australian golfer Cameron Percy, both Cameron Smith and Marc Leishman have now signed contracts to join LIV Golf.

In an interview with RSN radio, which is a station based in Australia, Percy claimed that both of the Australian star’s departure from the PGA TOUR is a done deal.

It’s been rumored since the Open Championship that the winner of the Claret Jug, Cameron Smith would be joining LIV for somewhere around $110-125 million.

Percy also mentioned that Adam Scott could be joining as well. It’s likely that LIV would be looking to make an Australian team built around Smith, Scott and Leishman.

“Unfortunate, yeah, they’re gone (Smith, Leishman)” Percy said.

“I had a long conversation with Adam Scott and he was very interesting talking to about it, just where it is. He said he met with these guys (LIV) in 2017 (and) they were ready (to) do all this. So, the Tour has known for a long time that this stuff’s in the works.

“The more and more you look into it, some people don’t care, some people have got a conscience and do care.

“It really comes down to, you know, they just executed 80 people this week, just chopped their heads off. They’re not the nicest people in the world.

“Do you just look past that and go, ‘Oh well, I’m rich I don’t really care’. It’s a tough one, it really is.”

With all indications appearing as if the Champion Golfer of the Year has left the PGA TOUR for LIV, there is no doubt he is the most consequential addition for Greg Norman thus far.

The 28-year-old is in the prime of his career and is ranked number two in both the Official World Golf Rankings and the FedEx Cup standings.

More from the 19th Hole

Your Reaction?
  • 29
  • LEGIT3
  • WOW4
  • LOL4
  • IDHT1
  • FLOP0
  • OB3
  • SHANK17

Continue Reading

19th Hole

PGA Tour accuses LIV rebels filing a lawsuit to play FedEx Cup of ‘fabricating an emergency’

Published

on

The ‘LIV 11’ lawsuit was always going to make public the internal rows and wrangling between players, organizers and the various tours.

Amongst the 11, three players – Talor Gooch, Matt Jones and Hudson Swafford – are seeking a TRO (temporary restraining order) in order to be able to play the FedEx Cup events, starting on Thursday.

As reported last week, the complaint from the LIV players alleges that being denied access to the FedEx Cup Playoffs not only would prevent Gooch, Swafford and Jones from playing in those events but “also cripples their chances of qualifying for both the Majors and the Tour’s premier invitationals in future seasons. The punishment that would accrue to these players from not being able to play in the FedEx Cup Playoffs is substantial and irreparable, and a temporary restraining order is needed to prevent the irreparable harm that would ensue were they not to be able to participate.”

The PGA Tour yesterday issued its response to the accusation, the 30-plus page document stating that “the TRO plaintiffs waited nearly two months to seek relief from the court, “fabricating an emergency they now maintain requires immediate action.”

The PGA Tour continues:

“Despite knowing full well that they would breach Tour Regulations and be suspended for doing so, plaintiffs have joined competing golf league LIV Golf, which has paid them tens and hundreds of millions of dollars in guaranteed money supplied by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund to procure their breaches. TRO plaintiffs now run into court seeking a mandatory injunction to force their way into the Tour’s season-ending FedExCup Playoffs, an action that would harm all Tour members that follow the rules. The antitrust laws do not allow Plaintiffs to have their cake and eat it too.”

The tour uses several statements from the plaintiffs in its defence.

When asked if he knew the tour would ban him from the tour for playing without a conflicting event-release, Jones said, “you’ve got to expect” it and acknowledged the possibility of never playing on the PGA Tour again after his suspension. “I did come to this [LIV] series and this tournament with the understanding that could be the case.”

The tour also argues against Gooch’s statement at the Open Championship that he only intended to play a single LIV event before getting suspended, the tour believing that he was intending to play more than the inaugural event at the Centurion Club.

Alongside those objections, the PGA Tour object to the accusation of pressuring sponsors to cancel existing deals with LIV players, that it enlisted the more experienced players, such as Tiger Woods, to intimidate players from joining, and that it colluded with the DP World Tour in its reaction to the defections.

The document ends, “For the foregoing reasons, the PGA Tour respectfully requests that the court deny TRO.”

Elliot Peters of Keker, Van Nest & Peters, representing the PGA Tour, confirmed the stance being taken by the leading tour.

“The players’ participation in the LIV league is in violation of the PGA Tour’s Handbook and Tournament Regulations,” he stated.

“For enormous sums of cash supplied by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, Plaintiffs willfully breached their agreements with the PGA Tour. The players’ purported harm is entirely self-induced. We will litigate this case vigorously to preserve the reputation of the PGA Tour and protect the benefits it offers to players.”

Your Reaction?
  • 9
  • LEGIT3
  • WOW0
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP0
  • OB0
  • SHANK8

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending