Connect with us

19th Hole

Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery; will miss Farmers and Genesis

Published

on

Tiger Woods has announced that he will delay his start to 2021 after undergoing a microdiscectomy procedure to remove a pressurized disc fragment that was pinching a nerve.

Woods’ doctor and team have revealed that the surgery was successful and that the 45-year-old is expected to make a full recovery.

As a result of the surgery, Woods will not compete at either the Farmers Insurance Open or the Genesis Invitational but still plans on serving as Tournament host at the event from Riviera.

Per the statement, the operation was brought on by discomfort Woods felt following the PNC Championship in December.

“I look forward to begin training and am focused on getting back out on tour” – Tiger Woods

This operation marks the fifth operation Woods has had on his back, almost four years after undergoing spinal-fusion surgery.

Your Reaction?
  • 29
  • LEGIT4
  • WOW5
  • LOL2
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP1
  • OB1
  • SHANK8

Gianni is the Assistant Editor at GolfWRX. He can be contacted at [email protected] Follow him on Twitter @giannimosquito

4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. chinch bugs

    Jan 20, 2021 at 5:49 pm

    Kind of his off season routine at this point…

  2. geohogan

    Jan 20, 2021 at 4:46 pm

    It was a great run but admit it: Jack Nicklaus will be GOAT, forever; so please retire
    before your unable to carry the bag for Charlie.

  3. I know Jacks

    Jan 20, 2021 at 11:10 am

    Matt Kuchar is a jackhole.

  4. jgpl001

    Jan 20, 2021 at 4:06 am

    I wish him well and would love to see him back, but he must surely be thinking about calling it a day
    He has nothing left to prove, absolutely nothing

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

19th Hole

Gary Player opens up on son’s golf ball stunt at 2021 Masters

Published

on

Gary Player’s son, Wayne, caused outrage at the honorary tee shot ceremony at the 2021 Masters after engaging in perceived guerrilla marketing during the introduction of Lee Elder.

Wayne held up a sleeve of golf balls from a company which his father Gary has been an ambassador of since 2019 so that they were constantly in shot, and per Player’s other son, the move resulted in Wayne being banned from the Masters in the future.

In an interview with Ann Liguori of WFAN, Gary Player has opened up on the incident, describing his son’s actions as “wrong” and not “the most intelligent thing to do” but wouldn’t confirm if Wayne had indeed been banned. 

“Let me tell you, Augusta has done a lot of things that a lot of people don’t like, as well, throughout history.

That’s their course. It’s their tournament. And you’ve got to abide by their rules. And if you don’t, you’re going to be asked to leave. We’ll see what their verdict is in the end. Whatever happens, so be it.”

Player added that Wayne and Lee Elder – the first black man to compete at the Masters – are good friends saying: “Lee Elder is a very dear friend of Wayne’s, a very dear friend. He even phoned Lee Elder and Lee Elder said, ‘Don’t worry about it. My goodness me, I’ve always loved you and you’ve always loved me.’”

When it comes to punishment, though Player wouldn’t confirm if Wayne had been banned, Gary stated ‘a man’s got to take his punishment’ and claims he even suggested to Augusta National the possibility of barring Wayne.

“It was wrong. And I said to Augusta, ‘Listen, a man’s got to take his punishment. If he does something wrong and you don’t want him back here again, then just bar him. That’s what you go to do.’”

 

Your Reaction?
  • 27
  • LEGIT7
  • WOW2
  • LOL8
  • IDHT1
  • FLOP0
  • OB1
  • SHANK10

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Ian Poulter live streams Formula One during final round of RBC Heritage

Published

on

Ian Poulter isn’t afraid to do things his way on tour, and he exhibited that characteristic once again on Sunday at the RBC Heritage, as he live-streamed Formula One during his front nine.

We (or more accurately I) initially believed the Englishman was tuning in on the course to watch his beloved football side, Arsenal, who were in action at the same time, but on our Instagram, Poulter made it clear that it was, in fact, the F1.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by GolfWRX (@golfwrx)

Following his round, the 45-year-old described his front nine as “the most relaxed ever”, and the multi-tasking appeared to work nicely, with Poulter going bogey-free over his opening nine holes on the final day.

Later in the day, on his Instagram stories, Poulter addressed the odd critic of this Sunday juggling act, telling his followers: “I was just doing what every other normal person does while they’re at work – and that’s watch live sport on their phones. So, I joined you.”

By all accounts, the race was a thriller too.

Your Reaction?
  • 24
  • LEGIT5
  • WOW2
  • LOL4
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP0
  • OB0
  • SHANK2

Continue Reading

19th Hole

Si-Woo Kim’s ‘birdie’ results in par and why he loses $100k if he breaks another club

Published

on

Saturday at the RBC Heritage threw up one of the most unusual moments you’re likely to see on the PGA Tour after a successful birdie putt for Si-Woo Kim resulted in a par.

On the second hole, Kim hit his birdie effort to within a breath of the cup. With the ball appearing to be still moving, the South Korean and playing partner, Matt Kuchar, watched intently for just under a minute before the ball finally dropped in the hole.

However, Kim’s joy was short-lived, as the wait exceeded the 10-second rule, meaning the ‘birdie’ resulted in a par.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by GolfWRX (@golfwrx)

Playing partner Matt Kuchar pleaded the case for Kim’s birdie effort to stand with a rules official, Stephen Cox, arguing that the ball was still moving.

In Cox’ response, he told Kuchar: “in this situation, the rules are modified because you could argue that there comes a point in time that we’ve got to play that golf ball. And that’s why you put that time limit on it.”

“Absolute BS,” wrote Emiliano Grillo on the PGA Tour’s Instagram feed and the tour pro wasn’t alone in venting his frustration, with many golf fans left feeling that Si-Woo had been hard done by.

On the GolfWRX Instagram account, a user @thefern16 jokingly posted that: “After the putt dropped on, @siwookim_official snapped his putter out of principal.” in reference to the South Korean breaking his flat-stick in frustration during the Masters.

In response, Si-Woo said, “@thefern16 no more snapped club. I’m retired that”.

Kim then let GolfWRX into a potentially expensive agreement he has with Pat Perez, posting that he has agreed to pay his friend $100k if he breaks another piece of equipment in anger on the course!

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by GolfWRX (@golfwrx)

Your Reaction?
  • 38
  • LEGIT3
  • WOW3
  • LOL4
  • IDHT0
  • FLOP2
  • OB0
  • SHANK14

Continue Reading

WITB

Facebook

Trending