GolfWRX is live this week from the 2017 QBE Shootout at Tiburon G.C. in Naples, Florida. Formerly known as the Franklin Templeton Shootout, or the Shark Shootout, the unofficial event plays host to 24 of some of the world’s best golfers, competing in a two-person team competition. The format calls for 54 holes; first-round scramble, second-round modified alternate shot, and third-round fourball (or better ball).
Related: Wednesday’s Photos
Here is a list of the teams:
- Daniel Berger-Gary Woodland
- Keegan Bradley-Brendan Steele
- Kevin Chappell-Kevin Kisner
- Jason Dufner-Billy Horschel
- Harris English-Matt Kuchar
- Tony Finau-Lexi Thompson
- Brian Harman-Pat Perez
- Russell Henley-Kyle Stanley
- Charley-Hoffman-Zach Johnson
- Shane Lowry-Graeme McDowell
- Brandt Snedeker-Bubba Watson
- Sean O’Hair-Steve Stricker
Last year, Harris English and Matt Kuchar took down the crown, finishing at 28-under par for the event. Of course, they’ll be playing together again this year as the defending champs.
Check out our photos from the 2017 QBE Shootout below!
10 interesting photos from the 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational
GolfWRX is live this week from the 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club & Lodge (7,454 yards, par 72) in Orlando, Florida.
The field this week featured Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Justin Rose, Phil Mickelson, Henrik Stenson, and more.
Francesco Molinari enters the tournament as the defending champion, looking to don the Arnold Palmer-inspired red cardigan again.
Check out all our galleries below, along with highlights from Bay Hill.
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational Wed Pt. 1 (thanks bvmagic)
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational Wed Pt. 2 (thanks bvmagic)
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational – Wednesday #1
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational – Wednesday #2
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard – Tuesday #1
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard – Tuesday #2
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard – Tuesday #3
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard – Tuesday #4
- 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational – Monday #1
- Phil Mickelson – WITB 2020 API
- Matthew Fitzpatrick’s custom Bettinardi putter – 2020 API
- Kevin Chappell – WITB 2020 API
- Ian James Poulter – WITB 2020 API
- Rickie Fowler – WITB 2020 API
- TaylorMade TP5 golf ball tribute to Arnold Palmer – 2020 API
- TaylorMade’s 2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational tribute putter covers
- Brendon Todd custom Fourteen wedges – 2020 API
- Padraig Harrington – WITB 2020 API
- Graeme McDowell – WITB 2020 API
- JB Holmes – WITB 2020 API
- Christian Bezuidenhout – WITB 2020 API
- Brandon Matthews – WITB 2020 API
- Ryan Blaum – WITB 2020 API
- Chun An Yu – WITB 2020 API
- Custom Callaway/Odyssey Arnold Palmer tribute putter covers – 2020 API
- Jazz Janewattananond – WITB 2020 API
- Scott Brown’s custom Cameron putter – 2020 API
Bryson DeChambeau’s “Arnie Camo” staff bag
Henrik Stenson isn’t willing to let the dream die…
Jazz Janewattananond’s custom Bettinardi wood cover features a treble clef.
J.B. Holmes’ Bettinardi BB56 prototype putter
Lanto Griffin’s Vokey wedges feature “Dumb & Dumber” inspired stamping
TaylorMade rolled out these Arnold Palmer (times two) putter covers.
The Postman’s putter cover.
Rickie Fowler’s Scotty Cameron Newport 2 prototype
Only one man on the PGA Tour has calves like Adonis…
TaylorMade’s TP5 Pix balls bearing the iconic Arnold Palmer umbrella
Wednesday’s photos from the 2019 Terra Cotta Invitational
GolfWRX is live from the 2019 Terra Cotta Invitational at Naples National Golf Club, which will be contested April 26-28. Past winners of the amateur event include Justin Thomas and Emiliano Grillo.
Denny Glass, chairman of the Terra Cotta Invitational, was kind enough to give us a little more information about the tournament.
For GolfWRX members who aren’t familiar, tell me a little bit about the tournament and its history
Glass: The Terra Cotta Invitational began in 1996 and was originally a combination stroke play/match play event. 20 players were invited and they played 36 holes of stroke play then the top four finishers went on to match play with the others playing an 18 hole consolation match.
I changed it to a 54-hole stroke play event with 50 players in 2006 when I took over as Tournament Chair. This was done to be eligible for Titleist/Golfweek Amateur Ranking Points. The field increased over the years and now has 75-81 players. The tournament is now ranked as a “B” level event in the WAGR (World Amateur Golf Rankings) run by the USGA and R&A. This ranking is one level below the top-ranked events in the world. The WAGR rankings are based on the strength of the field so we are proud to be ranked so highly.
As it’s an invitational tournament, can you tell me a bit about who gets invited in general and who’s in the field this year, specifically? Tournament format?
Glass: It is an invitational so we invite as many of the top-ranked amateur players as are available. The field consists of many juniors (up to age 18), mid-amateurs (19-25) and some seniors (50+), along with collegiate players. While it is an invitational, we still receive more than 150 applications to play.
Can you talk about the host course and the relationship with Naples National?
The tournament is played at Naples National Golf Club. The tournament was started by the membership back in 1996. The club opened in 1993. The club hosted the World Championship of Golf, which was an LPGA event in its second year.
I know the charitable impact is important. Can you tell us about that?
The net proceeds are donated to Naples based children’s focused charities. The tournament has donated over $517,000 since it began.
- 2019 24th Annual Terra Cotta Invitational @ Naples National GC
- 2019 24th Annual Terra Cotta Invitational @ Naples National GC – Wednesday #2
All our photos from the 2019 Masters
We have 15 threads packed full of photos from Augusta National for your viewing pleasure during this Masters weekend.
We’re rounding them up here for your convenience. Enjoy!
- Front Nine – Hole-by-hole
- Back Nine – Hole-by-hole
- Monday Part 1
- Monday Part 2
- Monday Part 3
- Monday Part 4
- Monday Part 5
- Wednesday Part 1
- Wednesday Part 2
- Wednesday Part 3
- Wednesday Part 4
- Wednesday Part 5
- Wednesday Part 6
- Wednesday Part 7
Jordan Spieth’s winning WITB 2021 Valero Texas Open
The 23 players who can win the Masters
Bryson leaves Vijay mesmerized in unmissable video from the Masters
Patty Tavatanakit’s winning WITB: 2021 ANA Inspiration
Dustin Johnson WITB 2021 Masters
Edel introduces moveable weight Swing Match wedges for 2021
Gary Player’s son ‘banned from the Masters’ for perceived guerrilla marketing
What did you do during lockdown? LPGA star provides the greatest answer ever
When Bryson lit up the Masters as an amateur (Masters 2016 WITB)
Equipment rewind: A deep dive into the Cleveland HiBore driver legacy
K.H. Lee’s winning WITB: 2021 AT&T Byron Nelson
K.H. Lee WITB accurate as of the AT&T Byron Nelson. Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS (10.5 degrees @9) Shaft: Graphite...
Alex Noren WITB 2021 (May)
Equipment is accurate as of the 2021 AT&T Byron Nelson Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS (8.5 degrees @7) Shaft: Mitsubishi Ka’ili...
Sam Burns WITB 2021 (May)
Sam Burns’ equipment accurate as of the AT&T Byron Nelson. Burns has switched from a 58-degree wedge to a 60...
Wyndham Clark WITB 2021 (May)
Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto (10.5 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 X 3-wood: PXG 0341 X Gen4 Irons: PXG...
19th Hole1 week ago
Bryson DeChambeau flies home from Wells Fargo early…before realizing he made the cut
19th Hole3 weeks ago
Why Phil Mickelson paid off a group of golfers last weekend
Equipment5 days ago
Jordan Spieth puts 2021 Titleist Pro V1x in play
19th Hole3 weeks ago
Is this Korn Ferry Tour player longer than Bryson DeChambeau ?
19th Hole2 weeks ago
Bryson DeChambeau: ‘This is how I gained 30mph ball speed with an iron’
Equipment2 weeks ago
Wells Fargo Championship Tour Truck Report: Rory’s new (old) irons, Bryson’s proto 2-wood, Jason Day is SIK
Equipment2 weeks ago
Remembering the 2018 Wells Fargo and the Tiger Woods Phase 1 irons
Whats in the Bag2 weeks ago
Sam Burns’ winning WITB 2021 Valspar Championship