Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping i25 vs. Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Still healing from a knee replacement in January and lots of snow on the ground, so I haven't been able to hit balls yet.  Both of these irons our on my short list.

Can anyone offer any comparisons.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1112

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

EZ Forged is bigger.  Not really in the same class.  Mizuno moved the size of the EZ Forged up compared to the 800 and 825 Pro series.  The older model are a better comparison with Ping i-series.  Personally, I like the size of the Mizuno's over the Ping's.  More forgiveness.

#3 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

I realize they are maybe in different classes but I've found both to be interesting. I've been playing G-15's with ZZ-65's for the last three years and like them a lot. I won't get rid of the G-15's but just have the urge for something new this season to try. The G-15's won't be far away if I need them.

#4 Frizzak

Frizzak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299014
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

I got fitted for ez forged two months ago and I can tell u they are the best clubs I ever swung (I tested the i25 too). They are a little big but not distracting and very forgiving. 4iron is very easy to hit , most forgiving 4 iron I ever swung. I have gained about 5 to 7 yards on all the clubs and I have a higher ball flight as well. They sound a little different not so much a high pitch ping at contact , this is my first forged set so it could just be what forged irons sound like. And the pw is at 45* and is a little bulky. But when I tested the i25s I felt they were in a different class than the mizunos. If ur looking for max forgiveness go with the EZs , but if u strike the ball well and ur looking for maximizing your distance and shot shaping ability go with the i25s.
Ping G25 9.5, -3/4"
Ping G25 16.5
Ping G25 20*h
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW, project x 6.0
48,52,56 Cleveland 588 Forged
Nike RSN Black (better than Pro V1x)

#5 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

I can probably play either, my two previous sets of irons before the G-15s were Cally X-Protos and Mp-32's........I really liked both of them but I bought the G-15's on a whim and love them. I'm 60 years old now and while I'm still about a 6 handicap I am into making the game easy and enjoyable. My days of hitting it long are over, so any extra distance I can pickup is a bonus.

#6 GMAN69

GMAN69

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101611
GolfWRX Likes : 282

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostNight train, on 09 March 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I can probably play either, my two previous sets of irons before the G-15s were Cally X-Protos and Mp-32's........I really liked both of them but I bought the G-15's on a whim and love them. I'm 60 years old now and while I'm still about a 6 handicap I am into making the game easy and enjoyable. My days of hitting it long are over, so any extra distance I can pickup is a bonus.

If you are 60, you better be "bringing it" with the ZZ65s.  Ever thought of reshafting them?  ZZ65s play on the stiff side of stiff.
PING G30 10.5* TFC Tour 65 stiff
PING G30 3W TFC419F stiff
PING G30 19* hybrid TFC419H stiff
PING G30 4-UW CFS stiff
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/58 Black Ni
PING 1959 Craz-E SS 2.0

#7 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

I "really" like the ZZ-65's.............makes no sense because my swingspeed doesn't dictate needing them.  I really have no answer other than I have a fairly quick transition and have always fared better with shafts on the firm side. It always seemed as though I hit them more solidly. Distance has always been pretty good with them.

I'll notch back to something softer on the next set and see what happens.............but the Pings will be there if I need them.

#8 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1112

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Z-Z65 is exactly half way between CFS S and X in stiffness, and constitute a true stiff in my experience.  It's the CFS S that's soft that throws some people off.

#9 Jfas54

Jfas54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292491
  • Ebay ID:Jfas54
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

I recently bought the EZ forged and can't say enough good things about them. I hit 8 sets including the i25,ap2,and apex which are getting a lot of love and while I do think all of the current offerings are pretty similar, I loved the EZ forged. I honestly believe that if they looked more "traditional" this forum would be gushing about them just like the apex and ap2.

#10 IvanDAG

IvanDAG

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264804
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Anyone tried both of these this summer? I am seriously considering a switch from the G25 which are just too big for my liking. I have hit both inside and like both, neither of these were fitted for me. So I am going to try to have a test session with both of these in the next couple of week.

Cobra Amp Cell Fuji Fuel S
TM Burner  superfast 4W
TEE XCG4 22*
Mizuno JPX 850  Ctaper L 5-G
Baby Ben by Bettinardi
TM ATV 56 and 60

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 BeTheBall

BeTheBall

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50333
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Can't comment on ez forged BUT I did trade my Mizzt jpx 800's for i25's with stiff cfs and handicapped is down to 3.2 from 6.2 and shot 2 rounds under par. Had G5's and AP1s prior to that. LOVE the look, feel, distance control, turf reaction, and yet still very forgiving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors