Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Watch Enthusiasts

IWC Watches

722 replies to this topic

#661 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1454

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Big shortage right now. I am not paying over msrp.

Pm me where I can get some in orlando. I have an office in downtown.

thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#662 John9213

John9213

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444750
  • Joined: 10/25/2016
  • Location:Georgia & Missouri
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

My small collection. Nothing high end but they suit me perfectly. Rolex, tag, Breitling etc etc are beautiful watches and Iíve fought the urge to buy a vintage, birth year, GMT 800 for many years but Iíve yet to pull the trigger. Iím saving that purchase for a big occasion to reward myself. Something like a big business deal or my 40th birthday. For now, my sub $400 watches are sufficient enough for me!
Left is my dress watch. Then the Seiko and Sailhawk are my daily drivers. The nato band citizen is what I wear when doing manual labor.

Posted Image
Driver : Mizuno JPX 900 9.5* - KK Silver Tini 60g
3w : Callaway Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0
5w : Callaway Epic 18* - HZRDUS 6.0
3h : Callaway Apex 20* - KK Black 80
Irons : MacGregor MT Pro C 4-9 - Dynalite Gold S400
Wedge : Vokey Sm6 F 46*
Wedge : Vokey Sm6 F 50*
Wedge : Callaway MD Forged 54*
Wedge : Callaway MD Forged 58*
Putter : Bettinardi BB39

Bag : Ping hoofer / Pioneer
Ball : TP5,  Gamer soft

2

#663 Swoosh-Thud

Swoosh-Thud

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42744
  • Joined: 11/26/2007
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

Quote

Anyone here have a Rolex that's worn from hard use? Just curious...


I've worn my SS Daytona on every vacation and every hunting trip since '04. Been to Alaska in a plane crash, took some major falls in the mountains- broke my ankle, tore ligaments, etc hunting bear and sheep. It has never been serviced and is dead spot on keeping time. Going to take it lion hunting in Zimbabwe this Sept.

Ironically, I've been told I should have been wearing my gold Daytona as the SS appreciate/are worth more than the gold ones.

Been thinking of getting a Wyler Code R Dakar.

PS Father's day was good- Huer Calibre 11 Monaco.

Edited by Swoosh-Thud, 19 June 2018 - 11:02 AM.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S  / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R  //  Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

3

#664 altess27

altess27

    Northern MN Southpaw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292905
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:1.0
  • Ebay ID:ates1010
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?
Posted Image
Posted Image
913 D2 Driver
917 F2 3 Wood
XR 16 5 Wood
Rac TP Irons
Piretti Wedges
BB8

4

#665 LouieLouie

LouieLouie

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221013
  • Joined: 01/10/2013
  • Location:Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

View Postaltess27, on 25 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?

I think it depends on how you plan to use the watch. If it is your daily driver then I say go without the date. If you plan to only wear it on special occasions, then the date is just there for appearance and it won't be a big deal to set it and then time.

I have two automatics, one with the date and one without. I find it to be kind of a pain to set the date and I never trust that the date is correct so it is really just an appearance thing. But that's just me.

RBZ Stage 2 Tour Driver Adjusted to 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2, 3 tour Hybrid Adjusted to 17*
Titleist CB712 3-PW
Titleist Vokey 56* wedge
Nike Method Core 4 Putter

5

#666 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

View Postaltess27, on 25 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Their peacock green GMT is on my dream list
2016 M1 Tour Issue 8.5° (Set to 7.0°) - Rogue 70s (testing 757 Evo II)
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18 - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

6

#667 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1172

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

View Postaltess27, on 25 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Iíd go with the ďno dateĒ model myself especially if it will be in a rotation or may sit for a day or two.  I know I always end up checking my phone to make sure the date is correct on my automatics.
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

7

#668 STPBMW

STPBMW

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451532
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostUSCHawks31, on 19 October 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

This is an awesome thread!  Some of you have some beautiful pieces that I can only dream of having one day.  I  really like watches but have limited my purchases so far to a Citizen and Seiko.  They've been fine watches for what I use them for, but I've been thinking of spending a bit more on my next one, maybe up to $1,000.  Does anybody have any opinions on Mido?  I was down in Vegas about a little while ago and saw a Mido Multifort and really took a liking to it.  I had never heard of the brand, but that isn't saying much.

Here's a pic of what the watch looks like.

Posted Image

It's been a long time since you posted this question. If you went with the milo I'm sure you're satisfiedwith it's quality to price ratio.

This versitile Mido of mine gets works frequently. Excellent quality and detail for it's price range in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_20180706_165821.jpg

Edited by STPBMW, 06 July 2018 - 05:19 PM.


8

#669 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 550

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostJohn9213, on 13 June 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

My small collection. Nothing high end but they suit me perfectly. Rolex, tag, Breitling etc etc are beautiful watches and I’ve fought the urge to buy a vintage, birth year, GMT 800 for many years but I’ve yet to pull the trigger. I’m saving that purchase for a big occasion to reward myself. Something like a big business deal or my 40th birthday. For now, my sub $400 watches are sufficient enough for me!
Left is my dress watch. Then the Seiko and Sailhawk are my daily drivers. The nato band citizen is what I wear when doing manual labor.

Posted Image

That nato band Eco Drive is my daily around the house watch. Love it.

My daily to the office is a Rolex Date-just that was a gift.

Been debating about an Apple Watch but honestly I think I’m linked in enough anymore. Don’t need my watch beeping at me all the time.
G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

9

#670 Kgglonghorn

Kgglonghorn

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506440
  • Joined: 07/04/2018
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

All the people in my office wear apple watches.  I bought a Samsung watch b/c they are a customer of mine but I hate it.  I am an old fashioned watch guy and I love my watches...but I love none of them more than my Omega Ryder cup edition watch.  It is by far my favorite watch.
I would attach a pic but I clearly don't know how to do so.  Just know that the face looks like a golf ball :taunt:


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#671 Kgglonghorn

Kgglonghorn

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506440
  • Joined: 07/04/2018
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

trying this...

11

#672 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

Poor mans master II, but one hell of a watch none the less.

Posted Image

Edited by PixlPutterman , 11 July 2018 - 04:10 PM.

2016 M1 Tour Issue 8.5° (Set to 7.0°) - Rogue 70s (testing 757 Evo II)
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18 - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

12

#673 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1454

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

FA4BF2DD-5513-4BEE-860E-080CB0D68519.jpeg

Just another day at Jackís club. ;P
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

13

#674 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

View Postjerebear21, on 11 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I agree with what you're saying but the purist inside of me will ignore it =P.  One of the things I hate so much is that they're being pushed as some magical jewels.  I loved it when it was a hobby and I treated it as such.  Now I can't even get one due to the demand.

It's also why I steer more towards vintage but that market blew up tremendously 2-3 years ago.  When an MSRP Ceramic Rolex GMT Pepsi is 8k but grey market asking 20k and Rolex AD tells me I'm on waiting list for 10 years; that's when I know what you're saying is completely true.  Disgusting if you ask me.

With you on that.
In Europe the same, crazy waitlists for every sports Rolex ( unless when you want to go platina or gold daytona...)
And when you want to buy one "used" double of price .. all happened in last 3 years indeed !

14

#675 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

My White Navitimer, on Cognac croco my favorite watch . ( I take it of before the round but wanted a pic on the white glove :-) )

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_0350.JPG

Edited by Walter, 18 July 2018 - 10:06 AM.


15

#676 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

Master's Green :-)

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_1202.jpg


16

#677 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

Perfect fot thursday's Open

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_1069.PNG


17

#678 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:22 AM

View Postlumberman2462, on 17 March 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this  Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace.  For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though.  The alarm will wake the dead.

Never saw this one ( one the wrist) thanks for sharing!!
Enjoy your watch!!

18

#679 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 550

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostWalter, on 19 July 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

View Postlumberman2462, on 17 March 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this  Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace.  For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though.  The alarm will wake the dead.

Never saw this one ( one the wrist) thanks for sharing!!
Enjoy your watch!!

Love seeing your collection!  Lots of sweet watches, really like the White Navitimer, but would be huge on my wrist.

My Datejust will have to suffice while my wife goes back to school.  Not a lot of extra watch money floating about!
G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

19

#680 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 19 July 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostWalter, on 19 July 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

View Postlumberman2462, on 17 March 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this  Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace.  For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though.  The alarm will wake the dead.

Never saw this one ( one the wrist) thanks for sharing!!
Enjoy your watch!!

Love seeing your collection!  Lots of sweet watches, really like the White Navitimer, but would be huge on my wrist.

My Datejust will have to suffice while my wife goes back to school.  Not a lot of extra watch money floating about!
Thank you Sir!
Nice to talk with zn other enthusiast !
Datejust is for me also one of the beatifull classics !  I hope you Are enjoying the Open as well.
All the best from Belgium,

Jelle


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#681 Walter

Walter

    Belgian Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26026
  • Joined: 02/26/2007
  • Location:Belgium
  • Handicap:11.0
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 08 July 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

View PostJohn9213, on 13 June 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

My small collection. Nothing high end but they suit me perfectly. Rolex, tag, Breitling etc etc are beautiful watches and Iíve fought the urge to buy a vintage, birth year, GMT 800 for many years but Iíve yet to pull the trigger. Iím saving that purchase for a big occasion to reward myself. Something like a big business deal or my 40th birthday. For now, my sub $400 watches are sufficient enough for me!
Left is my dress watch. Then the Seiko and Sailhawk are my daily drivers. The nato band citizen is what I wear when doing manual labor.

Posted Image

That nato band Eco Drive is my daily around the house watch. Love it.

My daily to the office is a Rolex Date-just that was a gift.

Been debating about an Apple Watch but honestly I think Iím linked in enough anymore. Donít need my watch beeping at me all the time.

Same idea about the Apple watch .. Realy NOT a fan ..

21

#682 Texas1

Texas1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392190
  • Joined: 08/20/2015
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Anyone looked into the Filippo Loreti brand
They look kind of cool especially the Venice moonphase rose with blue strap

Seems a reasonable watch for everyday use
Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
Mizuno T7 50 & 60
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

22

#683 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Heaven


Posted Image
2016 M1 Tour Issue 8.5° (Set to 7.0°) - Rogue 70s (testing 757 Evo II)
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18 - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

23

#684 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2436

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 25 July 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Heaven


Posted Image

Thatís a beauty
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

24

#685 dan360

dan360

    Paisano

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
  • Joined: 12/13/2005
  • Location:Olympia lowlife...
GolfWRX Likes : 6266

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

Been on a Glycine kick lately.   Trying to get the old logo ETA powered versions for the least money possible is an interesting challenge.

As of 29JUL2018

TaylorMade M1 '17 440 9° HZRDUS Yellow
TaylorMade M1 '17 3HL KuroKage
Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron Modus 120
Miura Baby Blades  3-PW Steelfiber 110 +.5 2 flat
Mizuno MP-T10 54(bent to 52)/60 DGW  +.5 1 flat
PING Anser Jim Wells tour 36"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
OUUL h2oProof stand bag black

25

#686 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

26

#687 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:30 PM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 13 August 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).

What is your budget? My knee jerk response is an vintage datejust, but if you need to be lower in cost I would say look at maybe a tudor prince or other tudors?
2016 M1 Tour Issue 8.5° (Set to 7.0°) - Rogue 70s (testing 757 Evo II)
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18 - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

27

#688 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 13 August 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 13 August 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).

What is your budget? My knee jerk response is an vintage datejust, but if you need to be lower in cost I would say look at maybe a tudor prince or other tudors?

I'd say <$2,000. A Tudor was my old man's first "big" watch. I really like the look of Grand Seiko's. I've seen places advertise payment plans for watches. Would this be viable if going the Rolex route? If that was the case I'd be willing to put more down to lower payments/int rates.

Edited by moegolfer11, 13 August 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

28

#689 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:40 PM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 13 August 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostPixlPutterman, on 13 August 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 13 August 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).

What is your budget? My knee jerk response is an vintage datejust, but if you need to be lower in cost I would say look at maybe a tudor prince or other tudors?

I'd say <$2,000. A Tudor was my old man's first "big" watch. I really like the look of Grand Seiko's. I've seen places advertise payment plans for watches. Would this be viable if going the Rolex route? If that was the case I'd be willing to put more down to lower payments/int rates.

I would say yes on the rolex route as the hold value so well. I LOVE GS (dont own one, cant afford it) but they dont hold value like a rolex would
2016 M1 Tour Issue 8.5° (Set to 7.0°) - Rogue 70s (testing 757 Evo II)
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18 - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

29

#690 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Hong Kong
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1367

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:10 AM

Would be interested in people's opinions on this - I know it's not a Rolex, but that is part of the appeal...

Posted Image

I already have the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (30th birthday present) and a Corum flyback I got as a present to myself when I left the UK

Edited by Bingo1976, 14 August 2018 - 01:12 PM.

Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik R
Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Odyssey O-Works Black 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with IWC, Watches

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    UofU02, vaca22

GolfWRX Sponsors