Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 8 votes

Official Bio Cell + Thread


1694 replies to this topic

#1681 Russ757

Russ757

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52489
  • Joined: 03/29/2008
  • Location:Chesapeake, VA
GolfWRX Likes : 1525

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

Send it to continental

WITB Link

Cobra F6+ Aldila Rogue Black 60
Cobra Bio Cell+ 14.5 Rogue Black 80
Cobra Baffler 17.5* Rogue Black 80
or Adams 3446f
Cleveland 588 MT 3/4 Fiber 110
Srixon ZTX 2 5-PW 110 Fiber ssx1
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 51* / 55* / 59* 125  Fibers
Odyssey X Milled 9HT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#1682 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Question, Im a lefty who just picked up a BP+ head. When buying an adapter, if I want the most fade bias possible, should I get a Pro sleeve or a + sleeve? Other issue is that I need fade in the lowest loft setting, which if I have to play backwards of RH, the 11.5 Draw setting on the Pro sleeve will actually be 8.5 fade in Lefty?
SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

2

#1683 neverhadaholeinone

neverhadaholeinone

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11741
  • Joined: 02/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Of all the drivers I have hit over the years, I get the best feel when I hit the sweet spot on the biocell +. There is no doubt when it is hit.  Has anybody else had the same experience? Hitting a biocell + with a red tie regular set at 11*.
Not changing my username but
had a hole in 1!

3

#1684 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

Maybe its just me, but as much as I love the feel of the BC+, I can get hit it low. I hit it higher in 8* than I do my my SLDR 430 in 12*
SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

4

#1685 fr0sty

fr0sty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87106
  • Joined: 06/30/2009
  • Location:Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 270

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

View Postneverhadaholeinone, on 29 June 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Of all the drivers I have hit over the years, I get the best feel when I hit the sweet spot on the biocell +. There is no doubt when it is hit.  Has anybody else had the same experience? Hitting a biocell + with a red tie regular set at 11*.

I would have agreed with this (my BC+ is cottonballed) until I hit the Srixon z545. The z545 has has the same distance, more forgiveness and better feel and is therefore in the bag now. BC+ will stay around though as a backup driver.

Srixon Z545
Srixon F45
Adams Super Hybrid 20° (Tour issue)
Mizuno Mp-15 4-pw
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 RAW 52/56/60
Odyssey Versa O-Works 1W

5

#1686 aleph

aleph

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453934
  • Joined: 02/03/2017
  • Location:Hamilton
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 19 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Question, Im a lefty who just picked up a BP+ head. When buying an adapter, if I want the most fade bias possible, should I get a Pro sleeve or a + sleeve? Other issue is that I need fade in the lowest loft setting, which if I have to play backwards of RH, the 11.5 Draw setting on the Pro sleeve will actually be 8.5 fade in Lefty?

Doesn't make a difference what adapter you get. The loft is determined by the neck of the clubhead.

6

#1687 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

View Postaleph, on 30 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostPixlPutterman, on 19 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Question, Im a lefty who just picked up a BP+ head. When buying an adapter, if I want the most fade bias possible, should I get a Pro sleeve or a + sleeve? Other issue is that I need fade in the lowest loft setting, which if I have to play backwards of RH, the 11.5 Draw setting on the Pro sleeve will actually be 8.5 fade in Lefty?

Doesn't make a difference what adapter you get. The loft is determined by the neck of the clubhead.

That doesnt answer my question.

The sleeve inserts at an offset, that is how loft is changed in relation of club face to shaft.
SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

7

#1688 aleph

aleph

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453934
  • Joined: 02/03/2017
  • Location:Hamilton
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 30 June 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Postaleph, on 30 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostPixlPutterman, on 19 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Question, Im a lefty who just picked up a BP+ head. When buying an adapter, if I want the most fade bias possible, should I get a Pro sleeve or a + sleeve? Other issue is that I need fade in the lowest loft setting, which if I have to play backwards of RH, the 11.5 Draw setting on the Pro sleeve will actually be 8.5 fade in Lefty?

Doesn't make a difference what adapter you get. The loft is determined by the neck of the clubhead.

That doesnt answer my question.

The sleeve inserts at an offset, that is how loft is changed in relation of club face to shaft.

You will not be able to change the standard bias or increase/decrease the range of standard lofts of the club using an adapter. If you use a right handed BC+ adapter in a LH head it won't magically turn the draw bias into a fade bias. All it does is reverse the stated lofts, e.g. 12.0° on the RH = 9° on the LH.

8

#1689 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Except fade bias opens a face, which means in the opposite hand it closes the face
SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

9

#1690 aleph

aleph

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453934
  • Joined: 02/03/2017
  • Location:Hamilton
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Okay, best of luck finding what you're looking for.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#1691 Russ757

Russ757

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52489
  • Joined: 03/29/2008
  • Location:Chesapeake, VA
GolfWRX Likes : 1525

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Pix.. What he's trying to say is your pro head goes for 7 to 10 in loft with a bias to fade, vice draw.


Regardless the adapter, it's going g to got from 7 to 10 with incremental fade bias, regardless of what's stamped on the adapter.


Does that make more sense?


Ricky did something wonky with his where he used a left handed sleeve on his club. Is that what you were referring to?
WITB Link

Cobra F6+ Aldila Rogue Black 60
Cobra Bio Cell+ 14.5 Rogue Black 80
Cobra Baffler 17.5* Rogue Black 80
or Adams 3446f
Cleveland 588 MT 3/4 Fiber 110
Srixon ZTX 2 5-PW 110 Fiber ssx1
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 51* / 55* / 59* 125  Fibers
Odyssey X Milled 9HT

11

#1692 sleezyt

sleezyt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446408
  • Joined: 11/14/2016
  • Location:vancouver island bc canada
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

My ping g is being sent back to ping for warranty so my buddy lent me his back up driver. Bio cell + with tour spx ust silver shaft and oh my lord how did this slip by me all these years. Ive heard of the hype but this truly is a long driver. Very good feel out the middle and keeps my spin in check. Ive hit my longest drives so far on most of the holes at my course compared to ping g and m1.  327...336. Love the deep face.

12

#1693 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostRuss757, on 30 June 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Pix.. What he's trying to say is your pro head goes for 7 to 10 in loft with a bias to fade, vice draw.


Regardless the adapter, it's going g to got from 7 to 10 with incremental fade bias, regardless of what's stamped on the adapter.


Does that make more sense?


Ricky did something wonky with his where he used a left handed sleeve on his club. Is that what you were referring to?

I get that.

I bought a BC+ head since Im a lefty :)

Was wondering if the adapters were different but it sounds like they net the same(ish) results.
SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

13

#1694 asumnerdawg

asumnerdawg

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222397
  • Joined: 01/17/2013
  • Location:Adel, Ga
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Overall best driver I've ever owned.  I have 2 and still slips into bag from time to time
Driver: Srixon 565 10.5 w/mizu stiff
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5
2h: Titleist 915 17*
4-PW: Ping i200 green dot
52: Vokey sm6 2 up
58: Vokey sm6 2 up
Putter: Ping Anser Milled 5
Ball: Titleist ProV1

14

#1695 zodiackill

zodiackill

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93806
  • Joined: 09/05/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Just sold my Bio Cell Pro to another WRXer and hope he enjoys it as much as I did. Looking for a touch more forgiveness than the Pro offered me and can't afford to have the extra gear lying around or would have hung on to it. If I'm ever looking to put together a backup driver I think I'm gonna try and find a cheap BC+ head to get that same club I loved but a touch more forgiving.

Ping G 9* w/Handcrafted HZRDUS Black 75 6.0 tipped 1"
Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15* w/Matrix 8M3 Black Tie X
Ping Anser 17* w/Matrix HM3 Black Tie 95x
Ping Rapture DI 20* w/Matrix HM3 Black Tie 105x
Ping S55 4-PW w/KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
Callaway MD2 52* & 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI x100
SeeMore Giant FGP w/ UST Frequency Filtered + SuperStroke CounterCore Flatso 3.0
Pure Pro Midsize Ribbed

15



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors