Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

COBRA BIO CELL DRIVER

shafts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vinerino

vinerino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200169
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:vinerino
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

I am LH.  and age 65 with SS of 88.
I ordered a Cobra Bio Cell. please understand it is very difficult for a LH to have the same choices as RH. I have driver being delivered on Monday with stock Project X shaft. What i am looking for is the best shaft possible for me. I have a tendency to have too high a spin rate so my ball only goes about 205 yds with little roll.
I am making adjustments in my swing (I would normally bring club back and create little torque between lower body and upper half....doing better.)
i also went to a lower compression ball.
My question has to do with shafts. I am getting Project X-px-V shaft but was told to look at Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di or Oban Kyoshi Gold. As a reference I hit a 7 iron about 145 yds and am looking to have a driver that travels 225...nothing spectacular but good enough for me. I have been told the shaft is the engine and wondered if anyone had any opinion about the 3 shafts mentioned. thank you

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 johnnythunders

johnnythunders

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36861
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

I would stick with the stock shaft to start with given your swing speed and high spin swing. I have the same problem. I haven't found that going to premium shafts like the Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di or Oban Kyoshi Gold yield any distance gains. I tried thje Obsm purple and a bunch of Matrix shafts and they did not improve my distamce much. Not woth the $350 a shaft for sure. They are for higher swing speeds and are heavir shafts usually.

High spin with a slow swing speed is a tough to fix with equipment. I've found going to a tip stiff shaft in a somwhat  flexible design is the best for distance and accurcy.

I play the Cobra Encore ZLE and replaced the stock shaft with two different shafts. I have the AXE xCaliber Tour 65 gram in regular at 44.50". that is my accuracy shaft, tip stiff takes alot spin off and goes a good distance. My distance shaft is the AXE Xcaliber Tour SL at 49 grams in regular at 45", not as tip stiff and goes farther but is less accurate.

I also just bought a Bio Cell also and get it next week. Im going to put the new AXE Xcaliber SWD50 in regular at 45 in it, Its has a stiffer tip section than my Tour SL. At $100 for shaft and tip, much better deal than the premium shaftss and Golfworks can put it together for you if your not handy with clubs.

Good luck on your search for distance.
Cobra Encore ZL ust chrome 50 reg
Mizuno JPX 825 tour x or recoil 95
Callaway X2 Hot 4/7 Diamana Blue 63
Callaway x2 5/6 hybrid Tour Blue
1993 Merit SW, betti bb32 counter

#3 vinerino

vinerino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

View Postjohnnythunders, on 14 February 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

I would stick with the stock shaft to start with given your swing speed and high spin swing. I have the same problem. I haven't found that going to premium shafts like the Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di or Oban Kyoshi Gold yield any distance gains. I tried thje Obsm purple and a bunch of Matrix shafts and they did not improve my distamce much. Not woth the $350 a shaft for sure. They are for higher swing speeds and are heavir shafts usually.

High spin with a slow swing speed is a tough to fix with equipment. I've found going to a tip stiff shaft in a somwhat  flexible design is the best for distance and accurcy.

I play the Cobra Encore ZLE and replaced the stock shaft with two different shafts. I have the AXE xCaliber Tour 65 gram in regular at 44.50". that is my accuracy shaft, tip stiff takes alot spin off and goes a good distance. My distance shaft is the AXE Xcaliber Tour SL at 49 grams in regular at 45", not as tip stiff and goes farther but is less accurate.

I also just bought a Bio Cell also and get it next week. Im going to put the new AXE Xcaliber SWD50 in regular at 45 in it, Its has a stiffer tip section than my Tour SL. At $100 for shaft and tip, much better deal than the premium shaftss and Golfworks can put it together for you if your not handy with clubs.

I will stick with Stock Shaft....Driver arrives Monday.
On Tuesday, there is a Cobra Demo Day and I will see if the Tour AD-Di or Oban Kiyoshi gold is there to try.
Just received my Cobra Bio Cell hybrids...AWESOme
Also received my Callaway X2 Hot Irons w/ graphite shafts...Awesome
I also got the X Hot2 3 wood and hit it very well. I am happy with all purchases but if Cobra Bio Cell 3 wood goes like their hybrids, maybe that was the club I should have got. oh Well...fingers crossed that Bio Cell Driver performs like their hybrids. Thanks

#4 jay65

jay65

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

I just picked up my Bio Cell Driver, went to try it on the range. My Pro didn't have his Flightscope at the Course, as his Asst is using it at another Course today. Not that it would have been much use anyway, as the weather over here in the UK is atrocious. 25-30mph head wind, pouring with rain, freezing cold, and only the good old Srixon one piece range balls to hit with today, so it was next to useless to try and make analytical comments. The only thing that I would say, is that I can see why they ditched the Oban Kiyoshi White this year in favour of the Gold. I can deduce that with the Kiyoshi White that I have, I have to go up in loft to 11.5* to get the best out of it!! It's a very low spinning combo with the Kiyoshi White. Almost too low spinning.

I'll have to try it in slightly better weather with pukka Golf Balls, but I can see that I may have to trade the Kiyoshi White for something with a little more spin, because of how low spinning the head is.

I can see with the right shaft it's going to be a great Driver, but with the terrible weather, headwind, and cold Srixon range balls it will be work in progress, but if it doesn't work out, I may have to look for a slightly higher spinning shaft.

#5 doctorjedi

doctorjedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 271830
  • Ebay ID:peteluong
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Which shaft did you order your Bio in?

View Postvinerino, on 13 February 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

I ordered a Cobra Bio Cell. please understand it is very difficult for a LH to have the same choices as RH. I have driver being delivered on Monday with stock Project X shaft. What i am looking for is the best shaft possible for me. I have a tendency to have too high a spin rate so my ball only goes about 205 yds with little roll.
I am making adjustments in my swing (I would normally bring club back and create little torque between lower body and upper half....doing better.)
My question has to do with shafts. I am getting Project X-px-V shaft but was told to look at Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di or Oban Kyoshi Gold. As a reference I hit a 7 iron about 145 yds and am looking to have a driver that travels 225...nothing spectacular but good enough for me. I have been told the shaft is the engine and wondered if anyone had any opinion about the 3 shafts mentioned. thank you

DR: 588 Custom Red Tie
4W: Cleveland Launcher Steel 17*
Hybrids: Adams A7OS
Irons: Cleveland CG7 Black 5-PW
Putter: 2014 Scotty Newport 1/500
Wedges: Cleveland 588 51,56,60

#6 vinerino

vinerino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

View Postdoctorjedi, on 15 February 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Which shaft did you order your Bio in?

View Postvinerino, on 13 February 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Project X PX-v is their stock shaft

#7 vinerino

vinerino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Project X PX-v is not working for me on Cobra Bio Cell.
I can hit it and perhaps a little farther than Ping G25 but I find it to be a little heavy. Paying an upcharge and switching to Graphite Design G Series 40...a 50 gram shaft.
I still hit the Ping g25 very well...however, I am always looking to hit some as straight but farther
Wish me luck!

#8 StezzGolfer

StezzGolfer

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310427
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Is the stock shaft (PXv) that comes with the Bio Cell a real deal? Or is it a 'made for' shaft? How about the Bio Cell+ with the Diamana and Matrix?
9.5* Cobra Bio Cell Matrix 6x3 Stiff
Mizuno EZ Forged 4-gw C Taper Stiff
Vokey 54.10 / 58.09

#9 jay65

jay65

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

The Project X is a 'made for' the Matrix and Diamana D+ in the + head are real deal, apparently.

#10 mikec3672

mikec3672

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3966
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Did you have to add weight to the head at that length as the ZLE plays standard at 45.74"?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 WVP

WVP

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113828
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

At a sub 90 mph swing speed, I'd be surprised if too much spin was your problem.
Cobra Bio Cell - 9.5 - PXv Tour 52
Exotics CB5 - 16.5 - Fubuki Tour
Mizuno JPX825 - 19 - Orochi Red
Mizuno JPX825 - 4-GW - Project X
Mizuno JPX - 54, 58 - Project X
Odyssey ProType iX #9HT

#12 skraly

skraly

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2028
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Curious what you think of the AXE SWD50?  I have been thinking of getting one.  I see you chose the R flex.  What are your swing characteristics?  Thanks.

#13 Marengo

Marengo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120014
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

How do you normally hit your drives?  High?  Low?  Do you slice/hook?  Figuring out what a better shaft is may be tough without more info  

I have a SS just a tad above yours and have the BioCell cranked all the way up to 12*. I am a naturally low spin hitter anyway so I need to compensate with higher lofted drivers/woods. I think my SS is around 92-93 and can pretty consistently get it out around the 225 mark. Maybe messing around with the settings might help?

Also tagged with shafts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors