Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Custom No offset Low Tide Putter

Low Tide No offset

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

So this is just the start of a custom putter that I am having built by the guys at Low Tide, who by the way are amazing to work with I highly recommend them. Any ways so what i was looking for was a putter with a Flow Neck with zero offset, after a few emails back and forth the guys got started so without further ado here she is
photo_1.jpg photo_2.jpg photo_3.jpg photo_4.jpg

she will be getting her neck welded on, as well as receive there amazing rainbow finish. I'm like a fat kid in a candy store waiting for this thing so stoked. Will update once more progress is done

So just an update, got these pics from the guys tonight. turned out so amazing i can't even describe the excitement i'm having
photo_4 (1).jpg photo_3 (1).jpg photo_2 (1).jpg photo_1 (1).jpg

Edited by smitty114, 23 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Bettie

Bettie

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 289011
  • Joined: 12/26/2013
  • Location:PNW
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Very cool.

2

#3 MPG

MPG

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52140
  • Joined: 03/24/2008
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Awesome.  I got two putters done by Low Tide and they are amazing.   The best part is how they can custom a putter based off your conversation around likes and dislikes.  I am currently playing my custom counterbalanced Whale Tail that is amazing.


Keep us posted on the progress.  You will not be disappointed!
Driver: TM R1 - AD DI 6x
Fairway: 2017 M2 HL - Kura Kage x
Utility: TaylorMade P790 3 Iron (Even Flow 6.5)
Irons: TaylorMade P790 (4-AW) - Modus 120x
Wedges: Taylormade MG 54* and 60* - KBS Tour Shafts
Putter: Odyssey 2M CS OR Byron Morgan DH89 [size=2]OR [size=4]Taylormade Spider Tour (Black)

3

#4 ceasterb

ceasterb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103497
  • Joined: 02/15/2010
  • Location:SC
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostMPG, on 15 February 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Awesome.  I got two putters done by Low Tide and they are amazing.   The best part is how they can custom a putter based off your conversation around likes and dislikes.  I am currently playing my custom counterbalanced Whale Tail that is amazing.


Keep us posted on the progress.  You will not be disappointed!
Pics please . . . ??
Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Adams MB 2s 5-GW with Steelfiber i110 S shafts OR
Mizuno MP57 5-PW with spine aligned Tour Concept stiff shafts
50* & 54* Cleveland 588 RTX Black 2 dot and a Titleist SM4 58* K grind
Kari Lajosi DD201 Damascus w/black oxide custom with spiral face milling, OR
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip

4

#5 MPG

MPG

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52140
  • Joined: 03/24/2008
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Here are some pics that I took with my iPAD but do need to get some really good pics of these once I find sometime .

The darker gray putter is my custom whale tail that Josh and Zack filled the back in to give me the weight I was looking for and made it a awesome looking mallet.   It is a counter balanced putter that was my second favorite at first sight until I started putting with it.  It is now my full time gamer.  

The raw finished putter is a Rip Curl that I dedicated to my kids (names are on the toe/heel).  I had this made as my standard 33.5 in putter and was planned to be my gamer but...the whaleTail just rolls the ball absolutely perfect.

As you can see they deliver on quality and spot on specifications.  You will not be disappointed.

Thoughts?

Driver: TM R1 - AD DI 6x
Fairway: 2017 M2 HL - Kura Kage x
Utility: TaylorMade P790 3 Iron (Even Flow 6.5)
Irons: TaylorMade P790 (4-AW) - Modus 120x
Wedges: Taylormade MG 54* and 60* - KBS Tour Shafts
Putter: Odyssey 2M CS OR Byron Morgan DH89 [size=2]OR [size=4]Taylormade Spider Tour (Black)

5

#6 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Really like the look of that whale tail the all dark looks sweet

6

#7 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

New Pics added in post 1

7

#8 bppry

bppry

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116337
  • Joined: 10/18/2010
  • Location:Detroit, Mi
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Putter looks great. Really making me think of getting one.

8

#9 manlyaggie

manlyaggie

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50923
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostMPG, on 20 February 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Here are some pics that I took with my iPAD but do need to get some really good pics of these once I find sometime .

The darker gray putter is my custom whale tail that Josh and Zack filled the back in to give me the weight I was looking for and made it a awesome looking mallet.   It is a counter balanced putter that was my second favorite at first sight until I started putting with it.  It is now my full time gamer.  

The raw finished putter is a Rip Curl that I dedicated to my kids (names are on the toe/heel).  I had this made as my standard 33.5 in putter and was planned to be my gamer but...the whaleTail just rolls the ball absolutely perfect.

As you can see they deliver on quality and spot on specifications.  You will not be disappointed.

Thoughts?

How much did the whale tail putter head weigh after they added the plumbers neck and flange fill?

9

#10 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Alright just got it in and man its even nicer in person, rolled it a few times on the carpet and man does it feel amazing. Now if this stupid snow would just melt maybe I'd get to play it this year ;). Here's some in hand pics of it sits so nice at address, cannot recommend these guys enough such amazing guys to work with and a phenomenal product
image.jpeg
image (1).jpeg


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Andy.

Andy.

    Real name, no gimmicks.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138090
  • Joined: 08/31/2011
  • Location:Scottsdale, Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

That finish is so fresh! :pimp:

11

#12 blink3665

blink3665

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 1352

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I agree.  The finish is awesome!  I also like the flow neck!
Callaway XR16 stock Speeder Regular 10.5*
TI Taylormade Mini SLDR 16* / Aldila NVS 75R
V Steel 5w / Aldila NVS 85R
V Steel 7w S300
Nike VPC 5-PW DG Pro Regular
Cleveland RTX 3.0 V-MG - 49*/54*/58*
Odyssey 2Ball - OWorks - 32.5"
Best Tan grips woods-irons
GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt
WITB Link

12

#13 Ayoung19

Ayoung19

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308591
  • Joined: 04/14/2014
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:+0.3
  • Ebay ID:a_young92
GolfWRX Likes : 761

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Really need to get myself a custom one of these days, these are stunning
TM M1 460 Fujikura Pro 73X
TM M2 3 wood Fujikura Pro 73X
TM UDI 2 iron UST TSPX 85X
Adams A12 Pro Hybrid Matrix Ozik 100X
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-9 Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM6 46F 52F 56M 60M
TM Tour Spider Red

13

#14 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

These guys did an unreal job, putter rolls so smooth

14

#15 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
  • Joined: 09/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

View Postsmitty114, on 20 March 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Alright just got it in and man its even nicer in person, rolled it a few times on the carpet and man does it feel amazing. Now if this stupid snow would just melt maybe I'd get to play it this year ;). Here's some in hand pics of it sits so nice at address, cannot recommend these guys enough such amazing guys to work with and a phenomenal product
Attachment image.jpeg
Attachment image (1).jpeg

Congrats Smitty!  I just ordered my FIN and I can;t wait to get it.

Drivers : AbroadDF570Xanadu-AstroTourVIIIBasiAlpha60-ItoboriCrazy9Dia- GPOM7D-GrandistaCOA
UTs : A-GrindProto-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : BuchiVS200-ModartCBC-Mystery913-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-OrionTypeS
Putters : Benock-BPutters-DesignTuning-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon


15

#16 golf_prn_qd

golf_prn_qd

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77212
  • Joined: 03/11/2009
  • Location:AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

How does she feel and perform?  Do the looks match the results?

16

#17 cjblake09

cjblake09

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15860
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Love that flow neck.

17

#18 smitty114

smitty114

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860
  • Joined: 07/30/2008
  • Location:Somewhere, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

View Postgolf_prn_qd, on 07 May 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

How does she feel and perform?  Do the looks match the results?

Finally got to roll it a couple of days ago and mannnnnnn it feels so good just a solid feel with a nice little click off the face. The ball just rolls so true

18

#19 golf_prn_qd

golf_prn_qd

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77212
  • Joined: 03/11/2009
  • Location:AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

View Postsmitty114, on 10 May 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

View Postgolf_prn_qd, on 07 May 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

How does she feel and perform?  Do the looks match the results?

Finally got to roll it a couple of days ago and mannnnnnn it feels so good just a solid feel with a nice little click off the face. The ball just rolls so true

That is awesome to hear. Always great when the performance matches the looks (there is a joke in there somwhere...).

19



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors