Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Puerto Los Cabos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cincybobcat

cincybobcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 270736
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Has anyone played here? I will be heading down to Cabo soon and need to get one morning round in. Cannot pay the $365 at the Ocean course and can't sit through the presentation at Diamante.

Seems like every other course in Cabo is just about the same as far as price goes after Cabo Del Sol Ocean. Got a little skittish about Palmilla - have read the rangers are on you like hawks the whole round.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 TomWishon

TomWishon

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 3,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45409
GolfWRX Likes : 4015

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

View Postcincybobcat, on 12 February 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Has anyone played here? I will be heading down to Cabo soon and need to get one morning round in. Cannot pay the $365 at the Ocean course and can't sit through the presentation at Diamante.

Seems like every other course in Cabo is just about the same as far as price goes after Cabo Del Sol Ocean. Got a little skittish about Palmilla - have read the rangers are on you like hawks the whole round.

Just got back from Cabo and can tell you that PLC is almost completely devoid of play because it is so new and in such an isolated area east of the town of San Jose del Cabo.  It is right next to the newest Secrets all inclusive resort that just opened this winter.   This is a VERY hilly track with a lot of undulations in the fwys - uphill holes are more uphill than I have ever seen anywhere on a course.  Very difficult to club yourself.  In great shape though and very long from the back tees at like 7400 yds - not that I played back there!  

I'd recommend Cabo Real if you haven't played there before.  The re do on their back 9 in 2012 is fabulous.   Club Campestre was a little underwhelming - some ok holes for sure, but nothing to leave you with a wow impression.

#3 scratchITguy

scratchITguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310153
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Looking for updated experiences at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos.  Going first of October 2015, will be playing solo which is a bummer but I have no issues joining a group.  How is the course?  Looking forward to staying at the Secrets resort.  Any feedback would be great!

#4 jumanji

jumanji

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102894
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

I stayed there in November.  The resort is pretty nice, we had a great time. I didn't love the food but I'm a foodie and pretty picky when it comes to cuisine.  I loved the PLC course.  I played it 4 or 5 times.  Great layout and food/drink included.  When I stayed there the clubhouse had been destroyed by the hurricane and they were using a big shed as the proshop.  They had also just started construction on 9 more holes of golf.  I'd be curious how close they are on finishing those holes.   I used Golfnow to book discount tee times every day I was there, I think I payed $80.00 every day using GN.  I would book a tee time online and just show up whenever I felt like playing, the course was never busy so they would just let me tee off when I felt like it.

PLC is not the best course in Cabo (Quivira, Cabo del Sol Ocean, and Diamante are all world class courses) but PLC is next in line.  If you play it you'll enjoy it and have a great time.  There are a couple of ocean holes and some spectacular elevation changes and scenery.  PM me if you have any questions.

#5 jumanji

jumanji

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

One more thing, you can get a greatly discounted deal from Questro Golf if you want to play multiple rounds.  I just checked their site and they still have promotions going.  I was going to go that route before I figured out the Golfnow angle.

#6 scratchITguy

scratchITguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

Appreciate the info!  Was going to use GolfNow, but will also try Questro Golf to book the times.

Thanks again, definitely looking forward to this trip!

#7 scratchITguy

scratchITguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:31 AM

Going to be at Secrets Resort October 5th thru the 11th. I will be playing the Los Cabos course at the resort, if anyone is interested in a game PM me and we will set it up.  2 handicap, will play with all ability levels, just interested in having a good time at a great course!

#8 jumanji

jumanji

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Have a great time.  I'll be in Cabo November 27 - Dec 5th playing Quivira, Diamante (still tentative on this one), and Cabo Del Sol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors