Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Hybrid Taylormade JetSpeed vs RBZ stage 2

Taylormade hybrid JetSpeed Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AndreaIT

AndreaIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290805
  • Handicap:34.7
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi there, my first topic. I am a high handicapper (30hcp). In your view which the most easy to hit and forgiving hybrid between RBZ Stage 2 and the new JetSpeed? And what about distance if you compare the two models? Looking for a new hybrid #4 and I am aTM fan... Thank you, best

Callaway Big Bertha 12.5*
Callaway Big Bertha FW 19*
Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid 22* & 25*
Taylormade Speedblade 6-AW
Taylormade ATV 56* & 60*
Taylormade Ghost Tour Corza 72

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127678
  • Ebay ID:bigdcannons21
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Both pretty easy to hit I liked the stage 2 more the jet speed was heavy both very close in distance for me

#3 RedDevilWheezy

RedDevilWheezy

#InsideTMag 2013

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201705
  • Handicap:$%^#
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

They are both fairly easy to hit but I would give the nod to the JetSpeed, as it was created with HHC's in mind.  I have hit both, and wouldn't have a problem gaiming either.  The original RBZ rescue's can also be had really cheap, and I would throw those in the mix as well if yoiu are intent on TMag,
TM JetSpeed 10.5* Speeder VC 6.0
TM SLDR 15* Speeder 7.3
TM SLDR Rescue 19* Speeder 8.3
TM SpeedBlades 3-LW KBS Tour 90
TM Ghost Tour Daytona 12
#InsideTMag

#4 jesusdelallata

jesusdelallata

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240837
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I have a 3 and 4 hybrid RBZ stage 2 and they are both really nice to hit...Long, high ball flight with easy swings.  No need to kill the ball.  If cost is no issue, then I'd say go for the newer clubs.  The RBZ stage 2's are now on clearance, so you can save money there.
Driver - Taylormade RBZ Stage 2
3w - Taylormade RBZ Stage 2
Hybrids 3 & 4 - TM RBZ Stage 2
Irons (Sw - 5i) - Ping G20
Putter - Taylormade Ghost Spider S
Wedges TM - 50 deg RBZ / 58 deg ATV

#5 backtees

backtees

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 286160
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'd definitely compare them to the 2009 and 2011 rescue - both are performing greatly, are so easy to hit and you'll get them for 20$ on ebay. I prefer them compared to the RBZ and JetSpeed.

#6 mikec3672

mikec3672

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3966
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostAndreaIT, on 15 January 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Hi there, my first topic. I am a high handicapper (30hcp). In your view which the most easy to hit and forgiving hybrid between RBZ Stage 2 and the new JetSpeed? And what about distance if you compare the two models? Looking for a new hybrid #4 and I am aTM fan... Thank you, best
Can't comment on those specific hybrids,  but GREAT avatar!!!

#7 MaydayGSXR

MaydayGSXR

#TeamJetSpeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 265144
GolfWRX Likes : 346

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostRedDevilWheezy, on 15 January 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

They are both fairly easy to hit but I would give the nod to the JetSpeed, as it was created with HHC's in mind.

I'll echo that, having gone from a Stage2 to a JetSpeed (3 hybrids), I thoroughly enjoy the JetSpeed more. Performance is much better in my opinion, and the sound (and therefore feel) is more natural with the JS compared to the tingy Stage2. The black face on the Stage2 will show a lot more wear as well, so keep that in mind if you're the type to trade/sell clubs frequently.

Anywho, whereas I had problems getting the Stage2 up in the air, the JS takes off with a much more piercing flight path. That being said, the shafts between the two (Fujikura Fuel in the JS, stock stiff in the Stage2), and my more recent lessons probably played a bigger role in performance than the heads alone. Still, I recently took my Stage2 out and hit it side by side with my JS just to see how much my swing changes impacted things, and the ball flight was much straighter and longer (piercing) with the JS, where the Stage2 would be peel off to one side or the other halfway through flight. The JS is much longer for me, but I pretty much attribute this to the shaft.

The only real comparison I'd give you that may be any use for deciding on a club based on something you can read (because our swings may be very different, and you may hit the Stage2 very well, so it'd be worth it to go out and try them all and with multiple shafts), is the Stage2 has a high pitched metallic ting sound whereas the JS is a more traditional metal wood sound, and the black face of the stage2 will show lots of impact marking after usage.

#8 Golfnut801

Golfnut801

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248701
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Distance is all in your swing fundamentals and making good contact. Other then that  You  can't go wrong with either one.

#9 sherwin1987

sherwin1987

2042 US Senior Amateur Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243175
  • Handicap:6.7
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostGolfnut801, on 23 February 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Distance is all in your swing fundamentals and making good contact. Other then that  You  can't go wrong with either one.
True. That being said, the JS has more toe relief (look at it straight on, it looks more like the original rbz rescue rather than the stage 2, which looks flatter across the bottom). I think the added toe relief can be easier for the hhc or for anyone who tends to get steep and prone to chunks. I'm a TM fan as well but play Adams irons and don't feel like I'm cheating on TM since they're both owned by the same company. If that helps you justify it, Adams makes some fantastic hybrids.
Driver- Cleveland Classic XL, Black Tie
Fairway- RBZ S2 HL, 16*, 8m3 Black Tie S
Hybrid- RBZ S2, 19*, hm3 Black Tie S
Irons- Adams CMB 4-pw, c-taper S
Wedges- Reg 588, 51*, 55*, SM3 60*
Putter- TM Japan TP Forged Milled MA-81

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors