Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 6 votes

Callaway SuperSoft


887 replies to this topic

#1 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Figured I would start this thread to discuss the new Callaway SuperSoft ball due out 1/11/14.  I know it was mentioned in the CallyWRX2 thread but figured once its released Saturday we can take the discussion over to the "Ball" area here.

Rumor has it - 38 compression.  Offered in white and yellow.
Price point: $20

Per Callaway:
"With the Supersoft golf ball, long just got a whole lot longer. A thin Ionomer cover promotes the lowest driver spin in our lineup so players of all abilities gain better distance and accuracy from their drives. The proprietary core formulation increases ball speed for better distance while maintaining the soft feel off the clubface that most golfers prefer. HEX Aerodynamics also replace conventional dimples to reduce drag and produce a more penetrating ball flight in various weather conditions. HX Diablo incorporates everything a golfer could want in a 2-piece ball."

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Graman UL440 Limey
Fairway: Ping G20 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Trilogy 20*/23*/26*
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-SW
Wedge: Cleveland Smart Sole S 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7

Grips: Iomic Black Armor Grips
Ball: Callaway Supersoft Yellow
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Awesomeguy887

Awesomeguy887

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199534
  • Joined: 08/22/2012
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Sounds interesting.  Maybe some competition for the duo.  I'm guessing that 38 is core compression.  Looking forward to trying these out.
Ping G30 SFT 12
Ping G5 3W 15
Adams V3 19 Hyb
Ping G15 4 - U
Odyssey White Hot XG #7
Vokey SM2 56.14, 60.04

#3 snivlem

snivlem

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39534
  • Joined: 09/18/2007
  • Location:Siesta Key, FL
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yep, sounds like a Duo competitior.
Ping G20 8.5 Oban Devotion 6 05
Ping G20 4w TFC Tour 169 X
Adams Idea Pro12 20* VS Proto RIP'D
Ping G15 4-LW AWT X Green Dot
SC Laguna Custom CW 36" Black
WITB Link

#4 displayname

displayname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68127
  • Joined: 10/24/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I believe I remember reading somewhere in the Callaway visit thread that this ball will actually beat the Duo in the bounce test that was provided in the Duo's ads.

#5 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

So are these due out Friday or Saturday?

Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#6 ladahl

ladahl

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 443

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I thought it was 1-10-14... I'm not sure.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Alpha 9* XPHLEXXX AGERA 73 S
TaylorMade RBZ 3HL Oban Revenge 85 04
Callaway Big Bertha #3 VTS Silver S
Callaway Apex UT 24* Nunchuk
Callaway Apex 5-7 Apex Pro 8-A Modus 3 130 stiff
Callaway MD2 54 Tour Grind & 58 PM Grind Modus 3 130 stiff
Odyssey Works 2-Ball Fang Flatso 2.0
Callaway Chrome Soft
WITB Link

#7 Steve o

Steve o

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53261
  • Joined: 04/09/2008
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Cally says 38 compression Wilson says 40 compression. I know from my days of selling softballs there was always a +or- of about 5% on COR. Which is return of energy on impact. The lesson is that many of us can really use these types of balls.
Now if it just warm up.
Taylor Made R9 10.5
Taylor Made RBZ Hi Launch 17degree
Taylor Made RBZ Stage2 19degree
Ping G- their so old I am not sure
Bettinardi BHB1-C Hogan
Puglielli 56 & Taylor Made ATV 60

#8 bwhitish

bwhitish

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3255
  • Joined: 07/21/2005
  • Location:Seattle, WA.
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

I bought a box today and can hardly wait to try them out.
Ping 9.5 K15 with Serrano R
Ping K15 3 Wood Stock R
Ping G15 20 Stock R
Ping G15 4-UW AWT R
Ping Tour S 56 KBS Tour S
Ping Anser 2 Karsten 1959

#9 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

View Postbwhitish, on 09 January 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

I bought a box today and can hardly wait to try them out.

Where did you buy them? I will do some looking today. I'm hoping I can find someone to sell them so I can try them out tomorrow.
Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#10 bwhitish

bwhitish

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3255
  • Joined: 07/21/2005
  • Location:Seattle, WA.
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

I got mine at Puetz golf here in Seattle. They just put them out today.

Ping 9.5 K15 with Serrano R
Ping K15 3 Wood Stock R
Ping G15 20 Stock R
Ping G15 4-UW AWT R
Ping Tour S 56 KBS Tour S
Ping Anser 2 Karsten 1959

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#11 That Bob Guy

That Bob Guy

    Never settle!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125497
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:On the Bay of Fundy
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

View Posterock9174, on 07 January 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Figured I would start this thread to discuss the new Callaway SuperSoft ball due out 1/11/14.  I know it was mentioned in the CallyWRX2 thread but figured once its released Saturday we can take the discussion over to the "Ball" area here.

Rumor has it - 38 compression.  Offered in white and yellow.
Price point: $20

Per Callaway:
"With the Supersoft golf ball, long just got a whole lot longer. A thin Ionomer cover promotes the lowest driver spin in our lineup so players of all abilities gain better distance and accuracy from their drives. The proprietary core formulation increases ball speed for better distance while maintaining the soft feel off the clubface that most golfers prefer. HEX Aerodynamics also replace conventional dimples to reduce drag and produce a more penetrating ball flight in various weather conditions. HX Diablo incorporates everything a golfer could want in a 2-piece ball."
Is that what they're called? HX Diablo? Not on their website.

#12 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I hope I can find some of these today or early in the morning. I'd sure like to try them out in my round in the morning.
Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#13 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CallaWRX2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostThat Bob Guy, on 09 January 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

View Posterock9174, on 07 January 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Figured I would start this thread to discuss the new Callaway SuperSoft ball due out 1/11/14.  I know it was mentioned in the CallyWRX2 thread but figured once its released Saturday we can take the discussion over to the "Ball" area here.

Rumor has it - 38 compression.  Offered in white and yellow.
Price point: $20

Per Callaway:
"With the Supersoft golf ball, long just got a whole lot longer. A thin Ionomer cover promotes the lowest driver spin in our lineup so players of all abilities gain better distance and accuracy from their drives. The proprietary core formulation increases ball speed for better distance while maintaining the soft feel off the clubface that most golfers prefer. HEX Aerodynamics also replace conventional dimples to reduce drag and produce a more penetrating ball flight in various weather conditions. HX Diablo incorporates everything a golfer could want in a 2-piece ball."
Is that what they're called? HX Diablo? Not on their website.
That has to be a typo.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#14 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostOUZO Power, on 09 January 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostThat Bob Guy, on 09 January 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

View Posterock9174, on 07 January 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Figured I would start this thread to discuss the new Callaway SuperSoft ball due out 1/11/14.  I know it was mentioned in the CallyWRX2 thread but figured once its released Saturday we can take the discussion over to the "Ball" area here.

Rumor has it - 38 compression.  Offered in white and yellow.
Price point: $20

Per Callaway:
"With the Supersoft golf ball, long just got a whole lot longer. A thin Ionomer cover promotes the lowest driver spin in our lineup so players of all abilities gain better distance and accuracy from their drives. The proprietary core formulation increases ball speed for better distance while maintaining the soft feel off the clubface that most golfers prefer. HEX Aerodynamics also replace conventional dimples to reduce drag and produce a more penetrating ball flight in various weather conditions. HX Diablo incorporates everything a golfer could want in a 2-piece ball."
Is that what they're called? HX Diablo? Not on their website.
That has to be a typo.

That's what I was thinking too. I guess we know for sure which ball this replaces.
Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#15 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CallaWRX2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I dont think it's replacing any ball. They dont have a ball like this in their current linup. Looks like the Diablo might be stopped but the Supersoft will not be considered a Diablo replacement. I think the Warbird will just fill in that segment.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#16 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

My bad guys.  The paragraph I copied above was not on the Callaway site, it was from a site that was selling the SuperSoft.  It was from their blurb about the ball under the description of it.  
Typo I'm sure.
Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Graman UL440 Limey
Fairway: Ping G20 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Trilogy 20*/23*/26*
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-SW
Wedge: Cleveland Smart Sole S 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7

Grips: Iomic Black Armor Grips
Ball: Callaway Supersoft Yellow
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

#17 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4811

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

No typo, just recycled spiel.
TaylorMade SLDR 430 Tp 12/Kai'Li 60
Mizuno Mp 650 15/NVS 85
Mizuno Mp Fli-Hi 18/Tour Concept s300
Mizuno Mp 53 3-9/Tour Concept s300
Titleist SM4 48, 54, 60/DG r400
Odyssey White Ice #7
Titleist ProV1x
WITB Link

#18 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

DSG has all of the new Callaway golf balls listed on their website. All but the Supersoft. I called the closest one to me (35 miles close) and they didn't have them and didn't know if they would be out tomorrow. So no new golf ball try out for me.
Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#19 ramesq1

ramesq1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40666
  • Joined: 10/10/2007
  • Location:Miami, Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

The Supersoft is now on the Cally Website.

#20 Oldnavycdr

Oldnavycdr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46324
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

My pro gave me a two ball sample pack today and I took them on the course for a quick test run.  They are labeled "Super Soft".  Impressions are these:  Very soft feel off the driver and irons.  Feels like the old 3 piece Zip if not a bit softer.  45* here and wet.  Distance is consistent with my winter ball choices -- perhaps a bit longer.  Nice ball flight.  Some may find it too soft off the putter but I like that feel over clicky balls.  These are very muted of the flat stick.  Ball didn't jump off the putter like some low compression balls do (a la Lady Precept IQ+).  Spin around the green was good.  Not premium tour ball good but not excessive rollout like most two piece balls.  Dropped an 8 iron in with two feet of roll out.  Checked up a chip with a 60*.  I would liken it to a softer Duo with stable ball flight of an e6 and the putter feel of a Zip but more muted.  If the price point is right I will play these.  I've not seen the Cally ad.  My pro just handed me these this morning and said "try them out."  I like 'em.  They seem to have the good characteristics of several balls I like and play combined into one package.  Durable, too.  I badly bladed one with my box grooved 60* without a mark or dog hair to be seen.  Cally has a winner here.

Edited by Oldnavycdr, 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#21 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CallaWRX2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostOldnavycdr, on 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

My pro gave me a two ball sample pack today and I took them on the course for a quick test run.  They are labeled "Super Soft".  Impressions are these:  Very soft feel off the driver and irons.  Feels like the old 3 piece Zip if not a bit softer.  45* here and wet.  Distance is consistent with my winter ball choices -- perhaps a bit longer.  Nice ball flight.  Some may find it too soft off the putter but I like that feel over clicky balls.  These are very muted of the flat stick.  Ball didn't jump off the putter like some low compression balls do (a la Lady Precept IQ+).  Spin around the green was good.  Not premium tour ball good but not excessive rollout like most two piece balls.  Dropped an 8 iron in with two feet of roll out.  Checked up a chip with a 60*.  I would liken it to a softer Duo with stable ball flight of an e6 and the putter feel of a Zip but more muted.  If the price point is right I will play these.  I've not seen the Cally ad.  My pro just handed me these this morning and said "try them out."  I like 'em.  They seem to have the good characteristics of several balls I like and play combined into one package.  Durable, too.  I badly bladed one with my box grooved 60* without a mark or dog hair to be seen.  Cally has a winner here.
Good review. So far we are on the same page with our findings.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#22 displayname

displayname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68127
  • Joined: 10/24/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostOldnavycdr, on 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

My pro gave me a two ball sample pack today and I took them on the course for a quick test run.  They are labeled "Super Soft".  Impressions are these:  Very soft feel off the driver and irons.  Feels like the old 3 piece Zip if not a bit softer.  45* here and wet.  Distance is consistent with my winter ball choices -- perhaps a bit longer.  Nice ball flight.  Some may find it too soft off the putter but I like that feel over clicky balls.  These are very muted of the flat stick.  Ball didn't jump off the putter like some low compression balls do (a la Lady Precept IQ+).  Spin around the green was good.  Not premium tour ball good but not excessive rollout like most two piece balls.  Dropped an 8 iron in with two feet of roll out.  Checked up a chip with a 60*.  I would liken it to a softer Duo with stable ball flight of an e6 and the putter feel of a Zip but more muted.  If the price point is right I will play these.  I've not seen the Cally ad.  My pro just handed me these this morning and said "try them out."  I like 'em.  They seem to have the good characteristics of several balls I like and play combined into one package.  Durable, too.  I badly bladed one with my box grooved 60* without a mark or dog hair to be seen.  Cally has a winner here.

Glad to hear to reminds you of the Wilson Zip. I am still playing the zip, and plan to until I can't find it anymore.  If the price point right it could work it's way into my game.

#23 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Golf galaxy had them in the store today $19.99.
Only white, no yellow yet.
Dicks next door didn't have them in stock yet.

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Graman UL440 Limey
Fairway: Ping G20 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Trilogy 20*/23*/26*
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-SW
Wedge: Cleveland Smart Sole S 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7

Grips: Iomic Black Armor Grips
Ball: Callaway Supersoft Yellow
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

#24 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Back from deployment and now I need to get my game back in shape

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
  • Location:Sunny San Diego
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I played a round with them today and I could not agree more with oldnavycdr....great review!  The difference that I mainly saw was how it rolled off the putter; the Duo (which I like) comes off so fast and the callaway ball feels like any other Pro V.

Edited by Fourpar18, 10 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Ever evolving...

#25 Froth

Froth

    steel power.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262064
  • Joined: 07/06/2013
  • Location:192.168.1.100
  • Handicap:O_O
GolfWRX Likes : 658

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Anyone that has been around a while that has already played this ball and has also played the old Titleist Tour Balata or Professional I would greatly appreciate a softness comparison.  I'm hesitant about something called "super soft" because my definition of soft hasn't been met by ANY ball released in the last decade that I have come across.  Could turn out to be a great winter ball, especially at $19.99 retail and available in yellow.

SLDR 460 8.5 / TEE XCG6 16.5
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55 / LW 60
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

#26 Oldnavycdr

Oldnavycdr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46324
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I might be showing my age but this ball reminds me of the Blue Max way back in the day (I mean WAY back) -- especially off the putter, but on full swings as well.  I loved that feel back then and this is the first ball to nearly replicate it since.  I played a few of the Titleist balata when I found them and I would say these are quite similar.  But the ball of choice for me, and what I actually bought was the balata, blue dot Maxfli so that is what I compare it to.

#27 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Still no sign if these anywhere around here. I'm playing again tomorrow so it would be a good chance to try them out. But looking here in my office, I have 8 dozen golf balls that I like so I'm not gonna bother looking until these are gone. Who says if I buy a dozen that I will like them anyway. Now if Callaway wants to send me a sleeve to try then that would be great. Or more likely I'll find one on a course before too long and give it try. What would really be great would be a mixed dozen with maybe a sleeve of Supersoft balls in yellow and white and a sleeve of X2 Hot balls in yellow and white. That way the buyer could figure out which ball was for them.
Callaway Big Bertha V Series10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V 15.5* 3 wood
Callaway Big Bertha V 19* 3H 22* 4H
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60* wedge

#28 TheMerryTex

TheMerryTex

    No hablo

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128115
  • Joined: 05/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Supersoft is probably the softest golf ball out there. Please try these out if you want the softest feeling ball and for 19.99 you can't go wrong.
Ping G30 - Tour 65x
Titleist 915Fd 16.5*/ Rogue 80S
Titleist 910H 21* / Diamana Kaili 80S
Ping S55 - DG S300
Titleist SM5 - 50F, 54M, 60M
Ping Anser Milled

#29 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1638

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Is this ball softer than the balata of yester year?

#30 displayname

displayname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68127
  • Joined: 10/24/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

View Postnuthin but a hacker, on 11 January 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Still no sign if these anywhere around here. I'm playing again tomorrow so it would be a good chance to try them out. But looking here in my office, I have 8 dozen golf balls that I like so I'm not gonna bother looking until these are gone. Who says if I buy a dozen that I will like them anyway. Now if Callaway wants to send me a sleeve to try then that would be great. Or more likely I'll find one on a course before too long and give it try. What would really be great would be a mixed dozen with maybe a sleeve of Supersoft balls in yellow and white and a sleeve of X2 Hot balls in yellow and white. That way the buyer could figure out which ball was for them.

Nike did this last year with the RZN balls. One sleeve for each ball in the line.  I think it's a great offering for someone looking to make a long term switch. Hopefully it will catch on.  Maybe not in the big box stores, but at least as an internet order option it would be nice.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors