Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

adams mb2 and mb2 tour issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wooderson419

wooderson419

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67333
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi guys ,

I am very interested in getting a set of the Adams mb2s. i have hit a demo set and loved the feel. I was just curious if anyone here has hit both the retail version with the 5 weights and the tour issue version with the 7 weights? Is the a big difference  in the tour and retail as far as ball flight and turf interaction and is the offset the same? I appreciate any help and advice you all can give me, Thanks! oh and is there a defference in feel from the raw heads to the satin or pvd finish?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

Next Sean Foley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

tour issue are have a thinner sole, less offset, and weaker lofts.

#3 wooderson419

wooderson419

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

thanks! in regards to the weaker lofts do you happen to know how much weaker they are compared to the retail heads?

#4 gibbyfan

gibbyfan

Do Work Son!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2969
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

i really didn't notice a difference in feel between the pvd 5 and 7 dot. i have the 5 now and have owned the 7. i hit them both the same distance +1/-1 a yd.

#5 FAIRWAYFOUND!

FAIRWAYFOUND!

The relentless pursuit of the one putt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83976
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

I have a set of tour issue satins for sale in classifieds right now. IMO the tungsten does help with feel. Most retail sets come with KBS shafts which give the retails a better feel. A lot of tour issue sets come with PX shafts which normally don't feel as good as other shafts. With the tungsten they actually still have great feel even with PX and you get lower spin along with feel in the tour issue sets which pros like and which, for me, made them half a club longer. I also think MOI is better with the 7 tungsten weights. You also don't get rusting in the satins so resale value will be much better IMO.

Edited by FAIRWAYFOUND!, 22 December 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#6 golf9596

golf9596

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 884
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

I too  have had both sets and only noticed a difference in feel when I changed the shafts. The KBS tours had the best feel of all the shafts I tried in steel, but the best combo for me was the tour satin head with Steel Fiber 110s. Which ever set you decide on will be a winner for you.
SLDR 12*- Attas 3-S
RBZ Tour 16*-stock -X
Adams Pro 20* Hybrid w/ Black Tie-S
Adams DHY 24*, Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5-G
Scotty Newport Button Back….….
Vokey 54* Macdaddy2 58*

#7 2putttom

2putttom

American born Aussie at heart

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 415

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postwooderson419, on 21 December 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Hi guys ,

I am very interested in getting a set of the Adams mb2s. i have hit a demo set and loved the feel. I was just curious if anyone here has hit both the retail version with the 5 weights and the tour issue version with the 7 weights? Is the a big difference  in the tour and retail as far as ball flight and turf interaction and is the offset the same? I appreciate any help and advice you all can give me, Thanks! oh and is there a defference in feel from the raw heads to the satin or pvd finish?
ADAMS MB2's are fantastic irons. I was fortunate enough to get to demo both. The chrome seven weights are rare. I asked the pro who owned the irons what the difference was as  stated from previous posters above . The main effect was pros have a higher swing speed, and this model of iron was'nt getting to the ball with a square face; by adding the two additional weights (one toe and the other @ heel) this assisted the club head at high swing speeds to  square up at impact. My irons came with KBS C Taper S flex. After one month I had decided to switch them to T T X100. which I had in my previous set. That shaft profile is better for the components of my swing. The raw version I thought had more feel in reguard to well struck balls being tranfered thru the head and up the shaft. In my opinion chroming inhances the appearence but takes some of the feel out. In closing I will say that these are well made irons, They are handsome and catch the eye of passer bye's so much to the point that shortley after purchasing them, I was offered more than I paid for them.

Sincerley
A proud owner of ADAMS MB2's

Edited by 2putttom, 22 December 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Cleveland classic 290 Aldila VooDoo RVS6
Titliest 910 13 * Aldila VooDoo SVS6
ADAMS CMB 3-6 TT X100 Tour Velvet stnd.
ADAMS MB2 7-pw TT X100 Tour Velvet stnd.
Mizuno MP-R12 & MP-R4
Bobby Grace "SNYPER" 4* loft
WITB Link

#8 wooderson419

wooderson419

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my original post. I appreciate all of your opinions and thoughts. i really love the feel and look of these clubs. I look forward to finding a set of tour issue mb2s to try in the near future. If it wasn't for the holidays and all the benjis i dropped in the last few days on presents i would probably already have a set. i admit i was hoping the tour issue had a lower ball flight as i am a high ball hitter and always looking for every little bit of help to lower my ball flight. If they do however have less offset like a previous poster stated then that would be an added benefit for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors