Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sldr and Jetspeed hybrids spin question.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 browne11

browne11

I'm a hockey player, playing golf today

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32271
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:browne11
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Do these clubs spin enough to hold a green?  I know the drivers in these lines are all low spin, but it seems to me we need some spin in our hybrids to keep the ball on the green. I love the sldr hybrid and hit it great on the monitors but just looking for opinions of guys who have used it the course.

Thanks all.

Sldr 10.5. Fubuki 73s
Adams Tight Lies 16. Fubuki ax s
Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 18
Ping i15 4-uw. TT Monaco Stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Scotty Golo

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 onafriday

onafriday

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

I've been playing with one for maybe a month now, after trying a lot of hybrids at a local place that has an outdoor demo range.

The sldr is pretty solid.  Feels pretty good and pretty tight dispersion.  It's forgiving on all but the worst swings.

I'm a high ball hitter- so the sldr appealed to me because it doesn't quite climb as high with the reduced spin.  I think lofting is important - I had played an 18* previously (the last two years) and a *17 before that (the two years before that).  I'm now working with the 19* TP.

It's sort of the best of both worlds.  I get a little run in the fairway, nothing crazy, and it lands soft and holds on the greens.  

The hybrid doesn't have the same weight positioning system as the driver, so it's by no means a spin killer.  But, the pocket insert deal seems to a bit.  

The whole package works, and feels great.  

Fine club-

Edited by onafriday, 19 December 2013 - 09:17 AM.

i25 9.5* w/ 'ahina
xHot Pro 15* w/ Fubuki K
SLDR TP Hybrid 19*
Royal Collection Tour VS (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1 w/ SS 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors