Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TM SLDR vs. JetSpeed


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

IF you were in the market for a new TM driver, which would it be?

Discuss....

TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 HipCheck

HipCheck

    That's the way ya do it.

  • Marshals
  • 5,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:The Right Coast

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.
Current #WITB:
9.5* Callaway Alpha 816 DBD - 10.5* SLDR Mini Tour - Jetspeed 19* - 4-PW, AW Callaway Apex 16 Steelfibers - 54/58 ATV - Method Kevin Chappell Proto

2

#3 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.
TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

3

#4 dbleag

dbleag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
  • Joined: 02/12/2006
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

It would be interesting to see you hit a 10.5* SLDR, set to 9.75*, w/a similar shaft to the one you're now using.

4

#5 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:East Coast
  • Handicap:+1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 2930

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.

The SLDR line is for you then.

Callaway Sub Zero 9.5*

Callaway XR Deep w/ Kuro Kage Black TiNi 80X @. 42.75"

Callaway 815 Alpha hybrid 20* (Veylix Rome 988X)

Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)

Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft

Odyssey #7 WHP



WITB Link



Instagram


5

#6 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postdbleag, on 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

It would be interesting to see you hit a 10.5* SLDR, set to 9.75*, w/a similar shaft to the one you're now using.

The Speeder 6.3 TS, which is the standard TP shaft is close, think it could work?  OR is it that much different than the 7.2 TS?
TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

6

#7 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #insideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1011

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

View Postdbleag, on 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

It would be interesting to see you hit a 10.5* SLDR, set to 9.75*, w/a similar shaft to the one you're now using.

The Speeder 6.3 TS, which is the standard TP shaft is close, think it could work?  OR is it that much different than the 7.2 TS?

I would think you would want to stay with a 7.2 TS for less spin. The  .3 Speeder have a bit more spin.
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM R15 460 TP 12* Speeder 661 TS X
Fairway: TM AB 3 HL 3 16.5* Speeder 757 TS Stiff
Hybrid: TM M1 3H 19* Speeder 869 TS Stiff
Driving Iron: TM UDI #3 20*/#4 23* Nippon Modus 120 S
Irons: TM RSi TP 5-9 Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: TM R-Series EF 47/52/58 Tour Grind Nippon Modus 130 S
Putter: Toulon Madison #11 of 100 34"/Toulon Garage Rochester Custom 34"
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X #11

My WITB

7

#8 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Post2659edward, on 25 November 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

View Postdbleag, on 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

It would be interesting to see you hit a 10.5* SLDR, set to 9.75*, w/a similar shaft to the one you're now using.

The Speeder 6.3 TS, which is the standard TP shaft is close, think it could work?  OR is it that much different than the 7.2 TS?

I would think you would want to stay with a 7.2 TS for less spin. The  .3 Speeder have a bit more spin.


Just trying to save a little $$.
TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

8

#9 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.

Beatiful combo right there, tipped?  But spins too much?

Edited by drbonesvt, 25 November 2013 - 12:30 PM.

R15 430 Tour Issue 9(8.5*) Black AD DI 8x
15* R15 Rombax P95x | 19* R15 Fujikura FIT ON PRO 95XX
Titleist 2i T-MB AD DI 105x | Txxxxx R9 TP B stamp 3-PW (48* PW) DG x7
54* SM5 M Grind (10*) DG x200 ssx1 |60* SM5 L Grind (4*) DG X200 ssx1
Bettinardi BB0 Blank Sole DASS 350g FIT-Face
WITB Link


9

#10 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 25 November 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.

Beatiful combo right there, tipped?  But spins too much?

Not tipped.  Spins good but I have lost distance with the Titleist.  Looking to get it BACK!

TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

View Postdrbonesvt, on 25 November 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.

Beatiful combo right there, tipped?  But spins too much?

Not tipped.  Spins good but I have lost distance with the Titleist.  Looking to get it BACK!

What loft where you using prior? / Driver where distance loss was not an issue

Edited by drbonesvt, 25 November 2013 - 01:24 PM.

R15 430 Tour Issue 9(8.5*) Black AD DI 8x
15* R15 Rombax P95x | 19* R15 Fujikura FIT ON PRO 95XX
Titleist 2i T-MB AD DI 105x | Txxxxx R9 TP B stamp 3-PW (48* PW) DG x7
54* SM5 M Grind (10*) DG x200 ssx1 |60* SM5 L Grind (4*) DG X200 ssx1
Bettinardi BB0 Blank Sole DASS 350g FIT-Face
WITB Link


11

#12 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15226
  • Joined: 06/02/2006
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:chrisacutler
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 25 November 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

View Postdrbonesvt, on 25 November 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on 25 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

It depends if you need a little more spin, or need to knock spin off.

SLDR driver is better for me but JetSpeed FW / Hybrids are better for me.

I am a VERY high spin/high launch player.  Current in 913D3 8.5* w/ Speeder 7.2 TS.

Beatiful combo right there, tipped?  But spins too much?

Not tipped.  Spins good but I have lost distance with the Titleist.  Looking to get it BACK!

What loft where you using prior? / Driver where distance loss was not an issue

R11 9.5* @ 8* with ATTAS elements X
TM M1 9.5* - Rogue Silver 60
TM M1 15* - Rogue Silver 70
Ping iE1 3 - PW AWT 2.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52-56-60 Onyx DGTI s400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO

12

#13 tommyh9991

tommyh9991

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80744
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostSoonerChris, on 25 November 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

IF you were in the market for a new TM driver, which would it be?

Discuss....

If you are looking to drop spin and don't need the latest and greatest give the R1 a shot. I have heard the white head is lower spin than the black. Don't know if their is any merit behind that but I dropped 500 rpm off my drives when I'm went from the 913d3 to the r1. I personally didn't care the the sldr at all. I was very inconsistent with the sldr.

I think you could save some money with the r1. Possibly even find one of the v2 heads for a steal now.

13

#14 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

The Jetspeed and SLDR actually have comparable spin rates.

14



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors