Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Aaron Baddeley's in hand Iron Pics!


95 replies to this topic

#31 Warszawa

Warszawa

    Only at GolfWRX!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14403
  • Joined: 04/26/2006
  • Location:Australia
  • Ebay ID:wgcordie
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

View Postbraithwaite, on Jun 3 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

i have a question i have noticed many players have holes in the back of their wedges, what does that do?
It's called "porting". Porting will subtlely change the centre of gravity of a wedge and result in a marginally lower or higher ball flight (depending on where the port is on the wedge).


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 RSchaffer29

RSchaffer29

    Los Angeles, CA

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2807
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Ebay ID:ryantechseller
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

View Postknollwoodassistant, on May 29 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

Can't help but notice how straight his right knee is in the first frame.  Thanks for the AWESOME pics.

it's called "stack and tilt"... a new way to swing, theres a whole article on it in the new Golf Digest with Vijay on the cover

2

#33 braithwaite

braithwaite

    Rookie

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23573
  • Joined: 01/05/2007
  • Location:canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

View Posttaylormade3107, on Jun 2 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

View Postbraithwaite, on Jun 3 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

i have a question i have noticed many players have holes in the back of their wedges, what does that do?
It's called "porting". Porting will subtlely change the centre of gravity of a wedge and result in a marginally lower or higher ball flight (depending on where the port is on the wedge).


oo ok thanks, i was like what are they for and now i know thanks

3

#34 ijustgolf

ijustgolf

    Bomb and Gouge

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17054
  • Joined: 07/27/2006
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

I thought I saw Aaron using the MacTec Draw driver on Thursday at the Memorial when I went up.  Kind of surprising I think.
EPIC SZ 10.5 Ozik 70M5 X
EPIC SZ 15 Ozik 80M5 X
Steelhead XR Pro 3i Tour-V X
Apex Pro 16 4i-9i C-Taper X
MD3 49.11S, 56.10S C-Taper X
PM Grind 60.06
Spalding TPM8
Chrome Soft X

4

#35 Big Al

Big Al

    I like my coffee BLACK, just like my metal!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1472
  • Joined: 06/08/2005
  • Location:Shropshire, England
  • Ebay ID:phyco_biker_al
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:54 AM

Those are hardcore!! love 'em

Al


5

#36 villa

villa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9942
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:59 AM

View Postmeyer7001, on Jun 3 2007, 09:18 AM, said:

I thought I saw Aaron using the MacTec Draw driver on Thursday at the Memorial when I went up.  Kind of surprising I think.

As far as I know (and i'd be shocked if i'm wrong) Badds uses a Mactec Tour. What makes you think it was a Mactec Draw mate?

6

#37 easyyy

easyyy

    Founder & Still a Ho

  • Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Joined: 03/01/2005
  • Location:Detroit
GolfWRX Likes : 3738

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

View Postvilla, on Jun 4 2007, 06:59 AM, said:

View Postmeyer7001, on Jun 3 2007, 09:18 AM, said:

I thought I saw Aaron using the MacTec Draw driver on Thursday at the Memorial when I went up.  Kind of surprising I think.

As far as I know (and i'd be shocked if i'm wrong) Badds uses a Mactec Tour. What makes you think it was a Mactec Draw mate?

Here is his Driver...

Posted Image

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com


7

#38 trexx827

trexx827

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24869
  • Joined: 02/01/2007
  • Ebay ID:trexx827
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

That is not a TM rep. He is his swing coach who is the one featured in Golf digest

8

#39 mbaisley

mbaisley

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14283
  • Joined: 04/20/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:22 PM

I agree.  MacGregor's current retail lineup is junk.  I probably own about 20 sets of MacGregor forged irons.  In fact, I am looking at about 5 sets leaning up against the wall right now in my office, all VIP's and Nicklaus models.  One day I need to post pictures on here of my MacGregor collection....

Anyway, the 1025M and 1025CM's were the last good irons they made.  They should have stuck with that, because better golfers were buying them up like hotcakes.  If anyone from MacGregor is reading the blogs, take note: we want "real" forged irons, not those hollow clanky things that they're trying to pass off onto us now.  

I have a set of custom grind 1025M's, 2-LW, and I can tell you that they are worth every penny.  I got them to do a custom toe grind to look just like the 1991 VIP re-makes.  They blended the factory toe with the square toe, and they also did custom wedges.  My wedges are stamped "54" and "61" on the sole, and the 61 has aboslutely 0 degrees bounce with heel relief for flop shots.  You could hit a flop shot off your driveway with this thing.  

Anyway, for the MacGregor purists out there, I hope you enjoy looking at these pics as much as I did, although I would add some diamonds back to the scoring lines.... with a little satin chrome on them, take off that cheap looking black medallion and then stamp a big gold "VIP" in the back, and then you'd have yourself a real set of irons.

9

#40 chasm

chasm

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4827
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

It's been said before in this thread, but that 3 iron looks more dangerous than my chef's knife (japanese forged - but not the tour version :D ), which coincidentally is made by a company called MAC.  

I still think Macgregor forged irons look beautiful.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 addamsmith

addamsmith

    Tour Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1186
  • Joined: 05/28/2005
  • Location:Gods Land
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:39 AM

Fantastic Info Easyy
Those pic's are great mate
Addam

11

#42 Woundedquacker

Woundedquacker

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30733
  • Joined: 06/04/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

Just to be clear: I am in no way affiliated with Interactive Frontiers, but if you google the aforementioned company or "V1 Home," you can download their swing analysis software for free, and you can see Baddely's swing in slow-mo with a short iron and driver.  They also have loads of other pros' swings and you can upload your own swing for analysis.

12

#43 PRO

PRO

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28873
  • Joined: 05/12/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

Does anyone know what kind of putter that is Aaron is using?  Looks awesome.

13

#44 villa

villa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9942
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

View Postnextiger, on Jun 17 2007, 10:33 AM, said:

Does anyone know what kind of putter that is Aaron is using?  Looks awesome.

I think he uses a Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can for years. Don't think he's changed mate but I could be wrong.

14

#45 gnieto

gnieto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27558
  • Joined: 04/07/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

Does anyone know what shaft Aaron uses on his MacTec?


15

#46 crusty

crusty

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29506
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:cincinnnati
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:16 AM

Rookie question- is that lead paint(?) on the back of his irons? Doesn't look like tape, just gunky. Add a little weight I s'pose.....

crusty

16

#47 easyyy

easyyy

    Founder & Still a Ho

  • Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Joined: 03/01/2005
  • Location:Detroit
GolfWRX Likes : 3738

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

View Postgnieto, on Jun 18 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

Does anyone know what shaft Aaron uses on his MacTec?

Sorry, I dont.

View Postcrusty, on Jun 18 2007, 12:16 PM, said:

Rookie question- is that lead paint(?) on the back of his irons? Doesn't look like tape, just gunky. Add a little weight I s'pose.....

crusty

Yep that's lead tape.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com


17

#48 villa

villa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9942
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

View Postgnieto, on Jun 17 2007, 11:16 PM, said:

Does anyone know what shaft Aaron uses on his MacTec?
He's either using a Diamana Blueboard or an Accra SC (which he has in his fairway woods).

18

#49 pgarob

pgarob

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4237
  • Joined: 08/02/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:19 AM

It is a blueboard in his driver
Titleist 917 D2, 9.5*, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915 F, 16.5*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec
Titleist 716 T-MB 3-iron, Project X LZ
Titleist 716 T-MB 5-iron, Project X LX
Titleist 680, 5-9-iron, Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM7, 48.10, Tour Issue AMT
Titleist Vokey SM7, 52.08, Tour Issue AMT
Titleist Vokey SM7, 56.10, Tour Issue AMT
Titleist Vokey TVD 60.06K,  Tour Issue AMT
Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Pro V1x

19

#50 sync71

sync71

    Major Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7769
  • Joined: 11/13/2005
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Awesome pics, that 3-iron looks like a knife..it looks great though, what a classic look to the head shape, besides the grind.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 puresurfr

puresurfr

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14116
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

View Postmbaisley, on Jun 7 2007, 10:22 PM, said:

I agree.  MacGregor's current retail lineup is junk.  I probably own about 20 sets of MacGregor forged irons.  In fact, I am looking at about 5 sets leaning up against the wall right now in my office, all VIP's and Nicklaus models.  One day I need to post pictures on here of my MacGregor collection....

Anyway, the 1025M and 1025CM's were the last good irons they made.  They should have stuck with that, because better golfers were buying them up like hotcakes.  If anyone from MacGregor is reading the blogs, take note: we want "real" forged irons, not those hollow clanky things that they're trying to pass off onto us now.  

I have a set of custom grind 1025M's, 2-LW, and I can tell you that they are worth every penny.  I got them to do a custom toe grind to look just like the 1991 VIP re-makes.  They blended the factory toe with the square toe, and they also did custom wedges.  My wedges are stamped "54" and "61" on the sole, and the 61 has aboslutely 0 degrees bounce with heel relief for flop shots.  You could hit a flop shot off your driveway with this thing.  

Anyway, for the MacGregor purists out there, I hope you enjoy looking at these pics as much as I did, although I would add some diamonds back to the scoring lines.... with a little satin chrome on them, take off that cheap looking black medallion and then stamp a big gold "VIP" in the back, and then you'd have yourself a real set of irons.





i guess i am a purist, i have a set of satin macgregor tourneys, they are stamped vip on the back and they were hand ground by don white, box toes and diamond scoring face as well.....i wish i could find a back up for them, but it looks like im gonna have to go to macgregor and pay up the kazoo !!!!

21

#52 Philfest

Philfest

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26445
  • Joined: 03/07/2007
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

View Posteasyyy, on May 30 2007, 03:37 PM, said:

View Postkeith723, on May 30 2007, 03:19 PM, said:

What's the benefit of the leading edge he has on his irons? It's got a grind I've not seen before


The grind will help not dig as much. If you have a decending swing path this grind helps as you enter the ground from diging in to fast.

Great question. I was going to ask the same thing.

My next question is why are those holes in his wedges?

22

#53 hbear

hbear

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Edmonton, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 281

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

Holes are to take out headweight in his wedge.
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

23

#54 spring70

spring70

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2108
  • Joined: 07/01/2005
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

That 7 iron pic looks just like my first set of real irons, a set of Diawa DG's (~1989) I forget the model.  Very hard to hit!

24

#55 shortgamewiz

shortgamewiz

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39096
  • Joined: 09/10/2007
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

I still use the 962's.  Those things are still a great feeling iron.  I have tried to find a new replacement to no luck.  I've tried the callaway forged tour irons, and the r7 tp's.  I would like to a find a maximum forgiving iron with the forged tour iron look.  Any ideas?


25

#56 bjdrivers

bjdrivers

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26228
  • Joined: 03/02/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

That looks very similar to the sole grind of the Titleist DCI 962Bs that I used to play.  My 690's have it as well.  Really helps for downloaders.

26

#57 Henny Bogan

Henny Bogan

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29379
  • Joined: 05/21/2007
  • Location:Secaucus, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

OT: Does anyone have more swing sequence pics of Badds or Mike Weir?

Please do post. I'd like to see how they execute their Stack and Tilt swings.

TIA.

27

#58 HunterDT

HunterDT

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37248
  • Joined: 08/13/2007
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

View Posteasyyy, on May 29 2007, 09:43 PM, said:

Small forged blades custom built for Aaron by Don White of MacGregor golf. Small heads with a big leading edge grind. Helps with Badds decending blow to the ball.

Also has a new 55* in the bag last week. Here are Pics only seen here...
3 iron...
Attachment 3_05_200...1_resize.jpg

GAH!!!! It's just a picture and yet I still got nervous looking at it.  I can just feel the bones breaking in my hands from mishitting this! :)

28

#59 scotton

scotton

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35436
  • Joined: 07/24/2007
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Does anyone know if the Wood Brothers are still at MacGregor?

29

#60 Konakid67

Konakid67

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32288
  • Joined: 06/20/2007
  • Location:S. Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

View PostHunterDT, on Jan 15 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

GAH!!!! It's just a picture and yet I still got nervous looking at it.  I can just feel the bones breaking in my hands from mishitting this! :)
That 3 iron is not that small.............. :(
Kevin
Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors