Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Carry vs. Push/Pull Cart

push cart carry pull cart walking walk

198 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Carry or Use a Push/Pull Cart? (485 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Carry or Use a Push/Pull Cart?

1. Carry (175 votes [36.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.08%

2. Push/Pull Cart (310 votes [63.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 blink3665

blink3665

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
GolfWRX Likes : 1287

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

32.  I do all three (carry, push, ride).  There are certain friends and courses where I will ride exclusively.  I push during the summer when I want to bring along beer. :)  I carry during the winter because I hate slogging through the muck with my cart.  I have a Sta-Dry that I carry and a c130 that I push/ride with.  Sometimes I will push if I know the course drains well and the I can use the umbrella holder on my cart :).

Callaway XR16 stock Speeder Regular 10.5*
Taylormade TI Mini 16* / Aldila NVS 75R
V Steel 7w S300
Nike Vapor PC DG Pro - R
Vokey 48* oil can - S300
Edel DVR grind 54/58  KBS Tour
Slighter Proto #9 HT Longneck, GT Pro 2.0
Best Tan grips woods-irons
GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 460

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm 44. Went to a push cart this year because of a disc problem in my back. It allows me to still walk. Couldn't walk if I had to carry.

Edited by mac94, 29 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#33 Azorean

Azorean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243427
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have both and have tested both extensively this past season. I was surprised that carrying made me feel less tired after my round and the next day compared to using a push cart(Rykshaw or Clickgear). Also, I seemed to play better when I carried. I'm a 45 year old male and my home coarse is fairly walkable with maybe 3-4 uphill holes.
Titleist 910D2
Titleist 906F4, 910h
Titleist 690 MB 3-PW
Vokey 54, 60
Newport Classic

#34 BrianL99

BrianL99

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3079

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Azorean, on 29 October 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

I have both and have tested both extensively this past season. I was surprised that carrying made me feel less tired after my round and the next day compared to using a push cart(Rykshaw or Clickgear). Also, I seemed to play better when I carried. I'm a 45 year old male and my home coarse is fairly walkable with maybe 3-4 uphill holes.
'

I'm glad at least one person agrees with me!   I can't figure out why, but I'm much less tired if my bag is on my back instead of on 3 wheels.

#35 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1409

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

BrianL,

Do you have a lot of places on your course where with the push cart you have to go "around" but with the bag on your shoulder you can go direct? I think sometimes the route you take with the push-cart can add hundreds of yards to a round.

My club's course has quite a few places where the area between, say, a greenside bunker and the green gets really damaged and even rutted from all the push-cart traffic. I avoid those areas so it turns out at least 6, 8, 10 times per round I have to detour around a couple of big bunkers instead of just walking right across the green. It can be as much as 50 or 75 yards extra walking, worst-case.

For me it's about a 50/50 tradeoff. My shoulders and back get a bit more tired carrying but my legs, feet and low-back get more tired pushing the SpeedCart. So I choose based on what's feeling better today...

#36 mr_divots

mr_divots

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10553
GolfWRX Likes : 1286

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

CSchnee, on 29 October 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

HAWKEYE77, on 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Disrespecting the ranger is one thing, disrespecting the superintendent/course quite another.

I'm always courteous, until someone is disrespectful to me. At which point I'll usually return the attitude which they addressed me with. And disrespecting the course by pushing my cart across the green? Highly unlikely. The weight of my golf bag and cart is significantly less than any mower that would cross the green.

I replace my divots, fix my ball mark and at least one either, throw my trash out, and don't bother the wildlife. The notion that a pushcart is going to harm a green is and adversely affect play for others is silly.

http://www.golfdiges...d?currentPage=2
I'm a die-hard push cart user. It does leave very noticeable ruts in the green whether people think it does or not. You can ALWAYS tell at the courses I play if someone has done it. Clear as day tire tracks across the green. Don't do it again.MANY people find nothing "silly" about it. And if that is truly your attitdue, you aren't nearly as "respectful" as you think you are.

#37 Schnee

Schnee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138338
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:pinnacle27201
GolfWRX Likes : 2474

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

mr_divots, on 30 October 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Disrespecting the ranger is one thing, disrespecting the superintendent/course quite another.

I'm always courteous, until someone is disrespectful to me. At which point I'll usually return the attitude which they addressed me with. And disrespecting the course by pushing my cart across the green? Highly unlikely. The weight of my golf bag and cart is significantly less than any mower that would cross the green.

I replace my divots, fix my ball mark and at least one either, throw my trash out, and don't bother the wildlife. The notion that a pushcart is going to harm a green is and adversely affect play for others is silly.

I'm a die-hard push cart user. It does leave very noticeable ruts in the green whether people think it does or not. You can ALWAYS tell at the courses I play if someone has done it. Clear as day tire tracks across the green. Don't do it again.MANY people find nothing "silly" about it. And if that is truly your attitdue, you aren't nearly as "respectful" as you think you are.

Alright, well this got off on the wrong foot. I didn't mean to make it seem as though I roll my cart across the green habitually. At my course, the greens are hard as a rock, double cut and rolled, so maybe that's why it didn't do any harm. Usually if it's wet out I'll carry anyway. If a course is very wet or soft then clearly in that situation there could be damage done. The same goes for rolling a cart near the edge of a bunker, etc. However, one time in protest to the disrespect of a ranger who berated me for no reason (without any damage mind you) is different than intentionally damaging a green. I don't want to start an argument over it though.

OP, sorry for the tangent, I didn't mean to derail your topic.

Edited by CSchnee, 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

"Grasshopper breaks wing
soars with Master's healing words.
Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Posted Image

#38 mr_divots

mr_divots

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10553
GolfWRX Likes : 1286

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

CSchnee, on 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Alright, well this got off on the wrong foot. I didn't mean to make it seem as though I roll my cart across the green habitually. At my course, the greens are hard as a rock, double cut and rolled, so maybe that's why it didn't do any harm. Usually if it's wet out I'll carry anyway. If a course is very wet or soft then clearly in that situation there could be damage done. The same goes for rolling a cart near the edge of a bunker, etc. However, one time in protest to the disrespect of a ranger who berated me for no reason (without any damage mind you) is different than intentionally damaging a green. I don't want to start an argument over it though.

No, I understand the circumstance under which you did so. But the contention its "silly" that people wouldn't want you to do it you should be prepared to hear from those who don't like the practice. Not a lot of courses have greens so firm and fast that rolling a push cart across them won't leave tire tracks. I know there are some courses out there that actually allow it, but not around here anyway.

I had one run-in with an unreasonable ranger this year, so I feel ya there...

#39 Schnee

Schnee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138338
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:pinnacle27201
GolfWRX Likes : 2474

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

mr_divots, on 30 October 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

CSchnee, on 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

No, I understand the circumstance under which you did so. But the contention its "silly" that people wouldn't want you to do it you should be prepared to hear from those who don't like the practice. Not a lot of courses have greens so firm and fast that rolling a push cart across them won't leave tire tracks. I know there are some courses out there that actually allow it, but not around here anyway.

I had one run-in with an unreasonable ranger this year, so I feel ya there...

I agree, very poor word choice on my part. In all honesty, I didn't see how it could hurt the green, but now I do. Brain fade.

Unfortunately my home course is closed for the winter so I'm relegated to munis and the rangers are a nightmare. It's terrible.
"Grasshopper breaks wing
soars with Master's healing words.
Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Posted Image

#40 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Ardbeg Uigeadail

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,383 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:lowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2300

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I carried for the longest time, then came the day my body said "you idiot", use a push cart.  This is one of those rare times when I did what I was told.

Titleist 917D2, 10.5*, Talamonti 80
Titleist 917F2, 15*, Aldila Rogue M*AX 75
Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, PX 6.0
Titleist 716CB 3-PW, PX 6.0
SM6 F-52*, PX 6.0 / M-58*, DGS200
ProV1X
SC California Monterey

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 Sawgrass

Sawgrass

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83736
GolfWRX Likes : 5090

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I walk almost all the time, push cart in use.  I'm quite sure that carrying would kill my back -- not so much from the actual walking with the bag, but rather from the close to 200 times I'd be bending over to pick up and put down the bag.  Just having it sit there upright with its mouth open is a blessing.

So at 62, I'm walking and it's a breeze.  But I'll tell you something surprising.  Even though I feel comfortable pushing my clubs, on the rare occasion when I've walked with a caddie, the freedom to just walk along without the responsibility of the bag makes it feel like I'm floating on air.  I don't think of the push cart as a burden until I'm free of it, and then, wow.

I can only imagine golf with a caddie all the time.  I'm pretty sure it's better to be rich.  (You heard it here first.)

#42 TKD24

TKD24

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185206
  • Handicap:81
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostSawgrass, on 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I walk almost all the time, push cart in use.  I'm quite sure that carrying would kill my back -- not so much from the actual walking with the bag, but rather from the close to 200 times I'd be bending over to pick up and put down the bag.  Just having it sit there upright with its mouth open is a blessing.

So at 62, I'm walking and it's a breeze.  But I'll tell you something surprising.  Even though I feel comfortable pushing my clubs, on the rare occasion when I've walked with a caddie, the freedom to just walk along without the responsibility of the bag makes it feel like I'm floating on air.  I don't think of the push cart as a burden until I'm free of it, and then, wow.

I can only imagine golf with a caddie all the time.  I'm pretty sure it's better to be rich.  (You heard it here first.)

Our club has a pretty strong caddy program where the caddies are rated by "experience." I always do my best to support the high school caddies when I can and when they are available. They actually cost the same as a cart minus the tip.

Too bad they're only around in the summer.
Titleist 915D3 9.5, 915F 15, 915H 18
Mizuno MP-H4, 4i-PW
Vokey SM6 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron X5

#43 BrianL99

BrianL99

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3079

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostFourmyle of Ceres, on 30 October 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

BrianL,

Do you have a lot of places on your course where with the push cart you have to go "around" but with the bag on your shoulder you can go direct? I think sometimes the route you take with the push-cart can add hundreds of yards to a round.

My club's course has quite a few places where the area between, say, a greenside bunker and the green gets really damaged and even rutted from all the push-cart traffic. I avoid those areas so it turns out at least 6, 8, 10 times per round I have to detour around a couple of big bunkers instead of just walking right across the green. It can be as much as 50 or 75 yards extra walking, worst-case.

For me it's about a 50/50 tradeoff. My shoulders and back get a bit more tired carrying but my legs, feet and low-back get more tired pushing the SpeedCart. So I choose based on what's feeling better today...

I think it's partly what you noted, that there are many places that demand a circuitous route around the green and I find pushing a cart uphill demands WAY more effort than walking.  

I think you're right, in that the carrying is easier overall, particularly on legs and feet ... the "on & off the shoulder" stuff just isn't good for one's back.

#44 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, I think if I were just walking 5 miles with the clubs slung on my back and not taking them on and off then carrying would beat push cart 100%.

My on/off the shoulder deal got a little better when I got one of these modern bags (mine's a Ping 4-Series) with the molded handle built in to the top. I've adopted the technique of picking up the bag by the handle with my left hand as I slide my right arm into the strap. Sharing the lifting motion between both arms (left arm lifting the weight, right arm doing the fiddly bit of reaching through the straps) has made it somewhat better.

#45 DLiver

DLiver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55921
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Personally, I find push carts awkward and at least as much work as carrying (if not more). I also hate the look of it--it reminds me of people pushing wheelbarrows around the course. YMMV.

#46 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Sometimes I've felt that is easier to carry on hilly courses than push a cart and I liked carrying my clubs once in a while in my  Sun Mountain 4.5.  I sometimes felt I was working the core and legs better carrying with good posture.

But I have had back issues.   On one of my just tune-up visits to my chiropractor I asked him about it. He's a strong big guy, probably 30 years younger than me. He uses a cart to avoid potential disc compression issues. Even if my back was 100 % to start with, his verdict is good enough for me.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5* TFC 189 R
Fairway: Ping G25 16.5* TFC 189 R
Hybrids: Ping G25 20*, 23*, 27* TFC 189 R
Irons: Miura PP9003 (standard) 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A
Wedges: Vokey 49.07F, 55.10M, 60.07S Steelfiber i80 A and R
Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Mid Traditional 35" (Straight)
Backup: Odyssey 2-ball White Steel mod 35" : SpryEvo custom finish with aluminum insert

#47 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Maybe I ought to do my own poll but for the "carriers" how much does your bag weigh, ready to walk onto the course?

Mine's about 19 to 19-1/2 pounds in its usual form although a sweater, a snack and a few extra golf balls will often pork it up closer to 21 pounds. That seems to be about my limit, keeping it to 20-ish feels OK even a couple more pounds than that seems to make a big difference to me.

#48 DLiver

DLiver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55921
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I would guess my bag weighs around 20 lbs. It's a 4 lb bag, 14 clubs, 5 or 6 balls, water bottle, sand container, small quanitites of aspiring, sun screen, band aids, stuff for contact lenses, rangefinder. It's a pretty minimal setup. Sometimes there might be an extra club or three in there ;)

#49 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

The one drawback for me of carrying is that I can't handle the weight of a sand/seed bottle. So I compromise. On the rounds I use my SpeedCart I try to fill at least 2-3 divots per hole above and beyond the ones I create. On the other half of rounds when I carry, I don't have any sand (unless I'm playing with guys in a cart).

If I put a sand bottle in, my little 19-pound bag hits 25+ and that's just no fun to schlep.

P.S. As seldom as I'm playing from the fairway, it isn't like I make very many divots anyway...

#50 Lecoqchateau

Lecoqchateau

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113666
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

I always carried a bag up until my back was allowing me to do :)

Now I am using cart and I like it.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 pcn_sim

pcn_sim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209861
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAgent Jim, on 28 October 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

32 years old and a Clicgear for me. I was taught a valuable lesson years ago "Work smarter, not harder"
I run 20-30 miles a week, so its not about physical fitness. The push cart makes my round more enjoyable. Everything immediately ready at my fingertips.
You sound like all my playing partners!

Most playing partners have electric trolleys & reckon that it saves them valuable energy and upper back muscles don't stiffen up under the strain of carrying. I carry and have no problem with the weight with Ogio double strap.

Playing in England walking the course is the norm. In Winter areas around greens are always protected so carrying enables you to walk across greens, take short cuts & always have all clubs with you. At times 'carry only' will be enforced to protect the course.

I will admit you are probably correct - heat of midsummer sweating whilst carrying 3+ litres of water is possibly unnecessary!

From now on:  Winter = carry    Summer = trolley

#52 jimb6golf

jimb6golf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135116
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I carried for many years, but was convinced by my playing partners that a push cart would be much easier on the body.  I've played a Clicgear for a few years and it's much less stress and fatigue on the shoulders, etc. and you end up playing better towards the end of the round too.  I still carry occasionally but mostly use my Clicgear and I'm very happy with it.  Also you can move around the course much faster and get a great walk/ run in too.

#53 J13

J13

60% of the time, every time.

• 12,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4810

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostPepperturbo, on 30 October 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I carried for the longest time, then came the day my body said "you idiot", use a push cart.  This is one of those rare times when I did what I was told.

In the same boat.  I was 30 years old when I got my cart (3 years ago) and got a lot of crap from the guys at my club.  At the time there were maybe 5 total push carts in the barn and I was the only one under 40.  So fast forward 3 years there are over 50 push carts at my club and most of the guys that gave me crap have one.  They got tired of me calling them human mules and feeling so spry after my rounds lol
Callaway Epic GBB 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 45.25" SW D4
Callaway Epic SZ 13.5 w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Callaway 815 Alpha hybrid 20* (Veylix Rome 988X)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey #2 PT Protype

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

#54 kejoal11

kejoal11

IYAOYAS!!!!

• 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21951
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

ClicGear 3.0 for me. I used to ride for a long time and decided to try walking. I carried for one summer and a buddy of mine convinced me to use a pushcart. Once i did I was hooked. With knee surgery carrying becomes a strain after a while so the pushcart takes the strain of carrying the extra weight and i still get to walk. The only time i dont walk is when the course does not allow it. I am 42 and have been walking for 8 years now.
Callaway Epic 9* Atmos Black TS 7S
Callaway Epic SZ 3+ Fairway wood Atmos Black TS 8 Tour Stiff
TM SLDR TP 2H Black Tie 95H X-stiff
Mizuno MP-25 Modus 130S
Mizuno S5 54, 50 Modus 125 wedge
Bettinardi QB #6 Super Stroke Slim 3.0 counter core
TP5X/Snell MTB
#insideTMAG 2013

#55 flip flappy

flip flappy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137925
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I have a Clicgear 3.0 and have  used it a half dozen times. On the course I play it takes more energy to push than carry. It has a few hills but the height of the rough seems to be what presents the problem. There is a pretty good stretch of rough between the tee boxes and the fairway that causes the slowdown. My legs tire when pushing. I am 46 and as of right now don't have back problems so I will carry as long as I can.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5   
Cobra Baffler T Rail 3 wood
Ping i-e1  4-U Nippon 105
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52,56&60
Ping Cadence B-65

#56 Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35957
  • Ebay ID:BornBredBlue
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I carried for years. Started using a push cart this summer and wish I'd done it 10 years ago. Much less fatigue and way easier on my back.

I looked at the Clic, but went with the Tour Trek One Click 2.0 from Golfsmith. Easiest cart to fold and unfold I've seen. One button does the trick. Under valued option in my opinion. Costs less too. Build quality is excellent.
Driver: Ping G30 10.5* w/Axivcore Black 5.5 Shaft
3W: Adams Tight Lies 2 TI 15* w/Axivcore Black 5.5 Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway x2Hot 19*; x2Hot 22*; x2Hot 25*
Irons: Adams XTD Forged 6i-PW; KBS C-Taper
Wedges:Vokey SM6 50/08* "F" Grind;
Vokey SM6 54/08* "M" & 58/12* "K"
Putter: Odyssey Works #7 33"
NEO-X GPS Watch; Tour Trek 2.0 Push Cart
Ball: Srixon Z-Star or Bridgestone B330-RX

"I'm glad to say I've come around, but if I could have one wish....
I'd like another try at 25....or was it 26."

Charlie Daniels

#57 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Another annual poll. I like to carry, but I push. When my very fit and probably 30 years younger chiropractor says he pushes to avoid disc compression, I push.

I might carry once or twice this summer on an exec course with my wife, but that's it.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5* TFC 189 R
Fairway: Ping G25 16.5* TFC 189 R
Hybrids: Ping G25 20*, 23*, 27* TFC 189 R
Irons: Miura PP9003 (standard) 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A
Wedges: Vokey 49.07F, 55.10M, 60.07S Steelfiber i80 A and R
Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Mid Traditional 35" (Straight)
Backup: Odyssey 2-ball White Steel mod 35" : SpryEvo custom finish with aluminum insert

#58 natedd

natedd

Mid-30s, Mid-Handi & trying to get in shape

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131271
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Push a sun mountain sv1 about 75% of my rounds but ride when playing with my dad. I also just got a jones player series bag for the occasional quick 9 with my kids. I plan to carry 7 clubs.

#59 Al.J

Al.J

I hate winter!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209541
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Started using a Cliqgear 3.0 a few years ago and found that I wasn't as tired after the round as when I carried. Way easier on my shoulders and back! I seem to finish my rounds stronger as well. It might take a bit more effort to push through the rough but I guess that's a good incentive to find the fairway!
Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x
Titleist 910F 15* Ahina 82
Cobra 18* Baffler Pro Fujikura Stiff
Titleist 714AP2 3-P DG TI S400
Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 52*
Kombi Mid Counterbalanced  38"

#60 jed6293

jed6293

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189576
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Generally speaking I carry 70% of the time...I am 21 years old and its just what my friends and I do. When I play with older players who prefer to ride I will, and appreciate that.. But in last place is the pull cart.

I reccomend using it for players who dont like to carry and cant ride at a course. Not the best solution but it works!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Also tagged with push cart, carry, pull cart, walking, walk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors