Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

R1 Adapter in SLDR driver head


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jol

jol

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110098
  • Joined: 06/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I demo'd a Taylormade SLDR 9,5* head with a R1 shaft set to 10.5* because the shop didn't have the SLDR shaft in my flex available. Obviously the R1 adapter will fit the SLDR, but I read some where that the indicated number on the adapter may not be the nominal loft.

At the above setting, what is the nominal loft?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).

Edited by Stuart G., 11 October 2013 - 08:24 AM.


#3 jol

jol

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110098
  • Joined: 06/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).
So, in my case the effective loft is 10 degrees?

Edited by jol, 11 October 2013 - 08:30 AM.


#4 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

View Postjol, on 11 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).
So, in my case the effective loft is 10 degrees?

yes.

#5 fairwaysroverated

fairwaysroverated

    Wish I would have made the r a capital R

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191214
  • Joined: 07/09/2012
  • Location:louisiana
  • Handicap:8.8
  • Ebay ID:winter4752
GolfWRX Likes : 270

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Postjol, on 11 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).
So, in my case the effective loft is 10 degrees?

yes.
http://www.golfwrx.c...39#entry7852239

I had the exact same question about this a few weeks ago. See the link.

9* G25 Driver, Tour AD DI 6 Black
13* Rapture 3 w, Speeder 757
2 Rature DI, KBS Tour V
4 & 5 G25 Irons, KBS Tour
6 - UW I25 Irons, KBS Tour
56* & 60* gorge wedges, KBS Tour

#6 jol

jol

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110098
  • Joined: 06/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postfairwaysroverated, on 11 October 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Postjol, on 11 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).
So, in my case the effective loft is 10 degrees?

yes.
http://www.golfwrx.c...39#entry7852239

I had the exact same question about this a few weeks ago. See the link.
So based on that info, a setting of 10.5* on the R1 adapter in the SLDR 9.5* head will result in an effective loft of 10.2*. I was killing it with this combo, but the shop wouldn't sell it to me as is, I ended up ordering a 10.5* SLDR which sb close enough.

Edited by jol, 11 October 2013 - 11:37 AM.


#7 winn0040

winn0040

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31452
  • Joined: 06/12/2007
  • Location:Minneapolis
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postjol, on 11 October 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

View Postfairwaysroverated, on 11 October 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Postjol, on 11 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostStuart G., on 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The r1 has a 10 degree head so w/ the 9.5 degree SLDR head, the effective loft will be 0.5 degrees less than indicated on the adapter  (manufacturers tolerances not withstanding).
So, in my case the effective loft is 10 degrees?

yes.
http://www.golfwrx.c...39#entry7852239

I had the exact same question about this a few weeks ago. See the link.
So based on that info, a setting of 10.5* on the R1 adapter in the SLDR 9.5* head will result in an effective loft of 10.2*. I was killing it with this combo, but the shop wouldn't sell it to me as is, I ended up ordering a 10.5* SLDR which sb close enough.

The actual number markings make sense for the R1, but when using those adapters in any of the other clubheads all it does is confuse people.  Just think of the 10 degree setting as a baseline starting point and think of the other settings as higher and lower.  I'm still not sold that the R1 sleeves offer a full 2 degrees of adjustability.  If you look closely at the settings and loft markings it just doesn't add up.  My guess is the SLDR sleeves are identical with the exception of how they're marked, and those supposedly only offer 1.5 degrees of adjustment.

#8 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postwinn0040, on 11 October 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

If you look closely at the settings and loft markings it just doesn't add up.

That's because 1) TM is rounding the numbers at the various notches and 2) The degrees per notch is not constant.  Not going to bother with the math but it's a bit more complex trigonometric relationship to convert the rotation of an off axis shaft to degrees of shaft lean in the loft plane.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors