Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 3 votes

Dogs

sheltie owners

598 replies to this topic

#571 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

Here is mine from a trip to the coast in April.  She is almost 14 and has arthritis.  It has been hard to watch her slow down.  

Posted Image

Edited by ws6, 20 July 2017 - 09:51 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#572 GolfNuts4

GolfNuts4

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 298638
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 531

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

She is looks pretty happy. I put my girl down last year at 16. Yeah, it is hard to watch them slow down, but keep on loving her!
Taylormade M2 10.5* Driver
Taylormade M2 3 Wood
Ping G30 3 Hybrid
Ping G30 4 Hybrid
Srixon Z565 Irons 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 3.0- 50*/54*/58*
Scotty Cameron California Monterey

#573 Optimus-Par

Optimus-Par

Transform, and roll putts.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70639
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

Had a black lab, Buffett, for over 16 years that we had to put down in 2015.  Had a Lhasa Apso, Palmer, for over 15 years we had to put down in 2016.  I swore up and down that we weren't going to get another for a while because I wanted a break.  I held about 90% of the responsibility for their care.  It took only 4 months for me to crack and we welcomed this guy, Thunder.

Thunder.jpg

Dogs are the best.  Really can't imagine not having them around.
-- IN PLAY --
JPX-850 9.5*  |  JPX-850 17*  |  JPX Fli-Hi 4h  |  JPX-850F 5-GW  |  S5 57*  |  White Hot RX 2-Ball V-Line

-- Bag at the Beach --
XTD Ti 10.5*  |  XTD Ti 15*  |  XTD Ti 3h  |  XTD Dhy 4  |  FG Tour F5 5-GW  |  FG Tour PMP 56*  |  Inovai 3.0

#574 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

Puppyluv

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1671

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostOptimus-Par, on 30 June 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Had a black lab, Buffett, for over 16 years that we had to put down in 2015.  Had a Lhasa Apso, Palmer, for over 15 years we had to put down in 2016.  I swore up and down that we weren't going to get another for a while because I wanted a break.  I held about 90% of the responsibility for their care.  It took only 4 months for me to crack and we welcomed this guy, Thunder.

Attachment Thunder.jpg

Dogs are the best.  Really can't imagine not having them around.
Cuteness overload

#575 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

Puppyluv

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postws6, on 23 June 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Here is mine from a trip to the coast in April.  She is almost 14 and has arthritis.  It has been hard to watch her slow down.  

Posted Image
Do you give her Cosequin.....it really helps

#576 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostKaysquare, on 01 July 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Do you give her Cosequin.....it really helps

I give her Elk Velvet Antler and rimadyl.  They both help a lot.  I get a lot of VJ jokes when I tell people about the antler supplement.  

https://www.wapitila...bility-for-dogs

Edited by ws6, 03 July 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#577 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 844

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

Happy July 4th everyone!

My "Blue" 14 months now. He is becoming a big boy.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG

#578 nickmcd63

nickmcd63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474082
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:nickmcd63
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Best companion you will ever have and always is there for you! Downside is they're a commitment, especially when puppies.

#579 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
GolfWRX Likes : 2963

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

My grand-dogger Piper getting after a bone!  She's a hoot!

Posted Image
LTD Pro - Chrome+ 6f4
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
RBZ 19* - UST Silver 7s
Apex CF16 5i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565 6-PW - Project X 5.5
RTX3 CB 50 - Project X 5.5
SM5 54, 58 - Rifle 6.0
SM5 62 - S400
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS

#580 Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Major? Winner?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176066
GolfWRX Likes : 375

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

Fellow dog owners, would appreciate any help on how to deal with Dogtor Jekyll and Mister Hide.

Angus is a retired and rehomed racing greyhound, a fairly big male. He's been with us about four years now, since he was three. My wife mostly looks after him but I do hang around. I've done a fair bit of "bonding" (feed him, tell him to sit and reward with a treat, take him for walks, etc.) so it's not like we are strangers.

Now... the problem is that when my wife is around, he's the sweetest dog ever, and also is so when looked after by my wife's female friends.

With me it's a different story. When he was fairly new with us he attacked me. I still have the tooth marks in my calf. OK, maybe he was insecure and afraid in a new place and I walked too close. I'll give that to him.

Some time later, 100% unexpected he just jumped on me with some serious growling and aggression but I was fast enough to jump on the staircase and get out of the way. He can't climb stairs. OK, these damn things sleep with their eyes open so maybe I woke him up and startled him. I'll give that to him.

Now, the wife is out of town and I'm looking after the dog. Yesterday, I was putting his coat on for the night (it's cold in Australia right now) and without any warning he bites me in the arm strong enough to draw blood and starts a pretty serious pulling contest but luckily he got my clothes instead of my leg for that. Pulling comes with some serious growling and showing of teeth. Somehow the situation defuses, I go and clean and bandage my arm and by the time I'm back the dog is like nothing happened at all.

This was the third time and I think I have reached the max. I don't think this is healthy behavior for a dog and I can't live with a dog that I can't trust. It's really hard to explain this to my wife 'cause when she's around the dog is so cute and placid and in general a really good dog. When the dog is with me, a big change of character. Not sure if we have enough males having looked after the dog to be able to tell whether it's only me or any male. I would assume the racing greyhounds were abused a fair bit by their trainers (of whom most are men) so there could be something in it, but the dog is also generally not happy to meet other dogs in parks.

Would really appreciate any hints and suggestions on how to deal with this. Thank you in advance.

TM R11S 10.5 UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 5F4   
TM R11S 5w Aldila Voodoo SVS7
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95 F3
Callaway Apex Pro 3-9,P Recoil 110 F4
Cleveland 588 54,60
Odyssey White Hot XG1 Fatso 5.0

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#581 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

Puppyluv

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostSingapore Joe, on 10 July 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

Fellow dog owners, would appreciate any help on how to deal with Dogtor Jekyll and Mister Hide.

Angus is a retired and rehomed racing greyhound, a fairly big male. He's been with us about four years now, since he was three. My wife mostly looks after him but I do hang around. I've done a fair bit of "bonding" (feed him, tell him to sit and reward with a treat, take him for walks, etc.) so it's not like we are strangers.

Now... the problem is that when my wife is around, he's the sweetest dog ever, and also is so when looked after by my wife's female friends.

With me it's a different story. When he was fairly new with us he attacked me. I still have the tooth marks in my calf. OK, maybe he was insecure and afraid in a new place and I walked too close. I'll give that to him.

Some time later, 100% unexpected he just jumped on me with some serious growling and aggression but I was fast enough to jump on the staircase and get out of the way. He can't climb stairs. OK, these damn things sleep with their eyes open so maybe I woke him up and startled him. I'll give that to him.

Now, the wife is out of town and I'm looking after the dog. Yesterday, I was putting his coat on for the night (it's cold in Australia right now) and without any warning he bites me in the arm strong enough to draw blood and starts a pretty serious pulling contest but luckily he got my clothes instead of my leg for that. Pulling comes with some serious growling and showing of teeth. Somehow the situation defuses, I go and clean and bandage my arm and by the time I'm back the dog is like nothing happened at all.

This was the third time and I think I have reached the max. I don't think this is healthy behavior for a dog and I can't live with a dog that I can't trust. It's really hard to explain this to my wife 'cause when she's around the dog is so cute and placid and in general a really good dog. When the dog is with me, a big change of character. Not sure if we have enough males having looked after the dog to be able to tell whether it's only me or any male. I would assume the racing greyhounds were abused a fair bit by their trainers (of whom most are men) so there could be something in it, but the dog is also generally not happy to meet other dogs in parks.

Would really appreciate any hints and suggestions on how to deal with this. Thank you in advance.
You might need The Dog Whisperer :taunt:  Obviously, your dog needs a dog behaviorist's help, because you cannot have a dog that is not trustworthy & dangerous around you.  You & your wife should be co-the leaders of your "pack" and your dog thinks HE is.  It's great that you adopted a retired Greyhound.  Usually they are wonderful pets!  Hope you get him straightened out.

#582 Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Major? Winner?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostKaysquare, on 10 July 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

You might need The Dog Whisperer :taunt:  Obviously, your dog needs a dog behaviorist's help, because you cannot have a dog that is not trustworthy & dangerous around you.  You & your wife should be co-the leaders of your "pack" and your dog thinks HE is.  It's great that you adopted a retired Greyhound.  Usually they are wonderful pets!  Hope you get him straightened out.
n*10^6 of thanks Kay^2!

I'm watching the South Park episode where Cesar Millan trains Cartman over and over again. Hopefully I will learn ;)

Just wondering... when my wife takes Angus for a walk, he's sort of slow and drags behind a lot. When I take him for a walk, he's all over the place, sometimes ahead of me, sometimes back and also zigzags a lot. Looks a lot more energized. Is there anything that can be made from that behavior difference?

Edited by Singapore Joe, 11 July 2017 - 06:16 AM.

Cleveland 588 54,60

#583 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
GolfWRX Likes : 2963

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Someone didnt want to get up....

Posted Image
LTD Pro - Chrome+ 6f4
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
RBZ 19* - UST Silver 7s
Apex CF16 5i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565 6-PW - Project X 5.5
RTX3 CB 50 - Project X 5.5
SM5 54, 58 - Rifle 6.0
SM5 62 - S400
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS

#584 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 2288

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Getting ready to finally get my own pup within the next couple of months. I've been obsessed with Weimaraners just about my entire life so I'll be getting one of those! I'm an active person so an active dog like a Weimaraner will be perfect!

Edited by Arizonalefty59, 11 July 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#585 dukeman

dukeman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113909
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostSingapore Joe, on 11 July 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

View PostKaysquare, on 10 July 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

n*10^6 of thanks Kay^2!

I'm watching the South Park episode where Cesar Millan trains Cartman over and over again. Hopefully I will learn ;)

Just wondering... when my wife takes Angus for a walk, he's sort of slow and drags behind a lot. When I take him for a walk, he's all over the place, sometimes ahead of me, sometimes back and also zigzags a lot. Looks a lot more energized. Is there anything that can be made from that behavior difference?

#586 MeikoKaji

MeikoKaji

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439826
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

hi, my rescue dog was abused by a man.  at first, he wanted nothing to do with me or any man.  he would snap at any man who tried to touch him.  we took him to SPCA in our country and they had training/socializing with other dogs.  the trainer was great and after about 5 trips over 5 weeks he was noticeably more comfortable to be around other dogs and me.  a fair amount of snacks were consumed over the 5 weeks.

I became the morning guy.  in the morning, i would get up and walk him (which he just loves) and i think with all dogs, the more you walk them the less anxiety they have.  greyhounds can go fast but tire easy so definitely do that at least twice a day.  eventually, BooBoo came to really enjoy our walks and came to trust me and eventually other men.  at first i used snacks on the walk, now it's not necessary.  now, he's the greatest little guy.  it takes time and effort but it's do-able.

maybe you can talk to your local spca if they have something like that in aus ?  or, do your own training/reward programme?  and, regular routine with you.

#587 Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

Major? Winner?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostMeikoKaji, on 12 July 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

hi, my rescue dog was abused by a man.  at first, he wanted nothing to do with me or any man.  he would snap at any man who tried to touch him.  we took him to SPCA in our country and they had training/socializing with other dogs.  the trainer was great and after about 5 trips over 5 weeks he was noticeably more comfortable to be around other dogs and me.  a fair amount of snacks were consumed over the 5 weeks.

I became the morning guy.  in the morning, i would get up and walk him (which he just loves) and i think with all dogs, the more you walk them the less anxiety they have.  greyhounds can go fast but tire easy so definitely do that at least twice a day.  eventually, BooBoo came to really enjoy our walks and came to trust me and eventually other men.  at first i used snacks on the walk, now it's not necessary.  now, he's the greatest little guy.  it takes time and effort but it's do-able.

maybe you can talk to your local spca if they have something like that in aus ?  or, do your own training/reward programme?  and, regular routine with you.
We have RSPCA (Royal SPCA... Australia being part of the Commonwealth). There's also GAP - Greyhound Adoption Program - where Angus came from. They test and certify greyhounds and Angus passed the test with flying colours. Not sure if they test with humans but they test the behavior in the presence of cats, bunnies, and other things which might trigger the hunting behavior. Imagine that... working for GAP as a crash test bunny for greyhound testing! Since Angus came through GAP we will probably have to talk to them first.

The snack training is very efficient. Took only a few walks with Angus to rid him from his tendency to bark at other dogs by just giving him treats if he passes the other dogs without aggression. He is a very trainable dog and I have no doubt he can be trained if we find the right method.

There is another complication. I spend a lot of time on the road. By road I mean ten to twenty hours flight away. Just was gone for a month, home for two weeks, now I will fly out for two weeks on the weekend, then may be gone for three weeks after being back for two or three weeks (out of which I will spend almost a full week out of home). You get the idea. I understand this is far from ideal so will need to find a solution which does not require me to have a routine with the dog. Or accept that there is no solution and me and dog will remain strangers but that is not good as the dog should behave in the presence of humans (and other animals) whether they have a routine with him or not. If a routine is required for building that behavior then there is a problem that may not be easy to solve.
Cleveland 588 54,60

#588 MeikoKaji

MeikoKaji

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439826
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostSingapore Joe, on 12 July 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostMeikoKaji, on 12 July 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

We have RSPCA (Royal SPCA... Australia being part of the Commonwealth). There's also GAP - Greyhound Adoption Program - where Angus came from. They test and certify greyhounds and Angus passed the test with flying colours. Not sure if they test with humans but they test the behavior in the presence of cats, bunnies, and other things which might trigger the hunting behavior. Imagine that... working for GAP as a crash test bunny for greyhound testing! Since Angus came through GAP we will probably have to talk to them first.

The snack training is very efficient. Took only a few walks with Angus to rid him from his tendency to bark at other dogs by just giving him treats if he passes the other dogs without aggression. He is a very trainable dog and I have no doubt he can be trained if we find the right method.

There is another complication. I spend a lot of time on the road. By road I mean ten to twenty hours flight away. Just was gone for a month, home for two weeks, now I will fly out for two weeks on the weekend, then may be gone for three weeks after being back for two or three weeks (out of which I will spend almost a full week out of home). You get the idea. I understand this is far from ideal so will need to find a solution which does not require me to have a routine with the dog. Or accept that there is no solution and me and dog will remain strangers but that is not good as the dog should behave in the presence of humans (and other animals) whether they have a routine with him or not. If a routine is required for building that behavior then there is a problem that may not be easy to solve.
You are doing the best you can.

You made me think some more and, yes, without the routine the anxiety returns and some bad behaviour.  I think that may be a big part of it.  I literally don't set an alarm anymore as on the :00s he makes it known he's ready for a walk or meal time.  But, if we get outside of that routine he can attack his bed or bark and generally get agitated.  So, he's trained me, actually.

He's stopped biting a couple of years ago which is great and now, around visitors, he just wants their attention.

Best of luck, it's a difficult situation and sometimes the scar tissue is too difficult for the dog to overcome.

#589 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18796

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

I mentioned on page one (4 years ago! crazy) that i had a sheltie with my wife.....he is getting up there in years and we are also looking at buying a house. So we're talking about getting a new dog

We both love shepherd dogs as we have both grown up around them. We don't want to get another sheltie because even though we love them, we want to get a different breed as to not compare etc....Plus there are plenty of great shepherd's to choose from.

We are thinking pretty hard about the Finnish Spitz. Anyone own one or know people that do?
Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#590 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

Having a hell of a time trying to find a Weimaraner breeder in Southern California or Arizona.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#591 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9471

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Joe, I think you have two issues going on here. The first is that a male abused him while he was a racing dog. He basically doesn't like/trust you. I had a yellow lab mix rescue from Georgia with the same issue. It was obvious that she was a failed hunting dog trained by an a$$hole male - she would growl at any strange male who came into the house, but was friendly to any strange females. You need to gain his trust first. Use treats to get him to obey basic commands and get him to come to you and sit, and then use alo grooming - petting, and reassuring touching and a soft voice - to the point where he will put his head in your lap. It is best to get on the floor with him for this.

The second issue is that he has no idea of who is boss(es) in the pack. Once he trusts you, show him that you are the boss using the food bowl technique. Get him to sit while you put food in his bowl and put it on the ground but tell him to stay until you say so. By now he should know that you will not beat him, but if he disobeys, just say 'no' and pick the bowl up and start over.

This guy sounds like a challenge, so you have to have some commitment to make it work. Dogs are never just plug and play. You have to put some time in. Good luck!

Edited by thug the bunny, 18 July 2017 - 07:12 PM.

So there is really only here and now

#592 stryper

stryper

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25877
GolfWRX Likes : 387

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

Replied earlier in this thread about my old girl, Tuff...sadly, I had to put her down today.  Wish I could say she rallied at the end and romped like a puppy like Rudy, but that wasn't how it played out.  It was just time.  Only positive was that I held her, petted her, and loved her as she went to sleep.  Worst f*cking day of my life.
Titleist 913D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
Mizuno MX 23's, 4-9i, w/TT Dynalite Gold-R
Titleist Vokey SM5 48-08 F, 52-08 F, 56-10 S
Callaway Sure Out 64
Odyssey Works Tank Versa #7

#593 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3041

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

^^^^^^

Oh man. Tough one. I feel for you. Sorry for the loss stryper, not much else to say.

#594 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

stryper - sorry for your loss.  I have been there twice, and both times were heartbreaking.

#595 GolfNuts4

GolfNuts4

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 298638
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 531

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

Stryper,

So sorry, actually brings tears to my eyes as I went through it last year with my Charlie girl. I am a pretty tough guy but was on the floor crying like a baby. It hurts but know that you you gave and received so much love. You did the right thing, it was just time. It sucks that they don't live as long as we do. I never thought I could love a dog as much, but have a new puppy and I must say, I love the new dog as much. Heart is big enough for all of them. Hang in there, time does heal.....

Taylormade M2 10.5* Driver
Taylormade M2 3 Wood
Ping G30 3 Hybrid
Ping G30 4 Hybrid
Srixon Z565 Irons 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 3.0- 50*/54*/58*
Scotty Cameron California Monterey

#596 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Welp everything happens for a reason. I was beat out by a buyer on a Weimaraner but the buyer fell through and Im going to check the puppy out tomorrow. :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

#597 dukeman

dukeman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113909
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

I drove an abandoned English Setter from South Georgia to a hospice foster yesterday. His kidneys are shot. He still has a normal size head but his body was all but gone. Skinniest dog I've ever seen. Almost eerie. He wagged his tail the entire trip.  incredible.

I hope everyone will look for a local rescue to help out the dogs who didn't get the kind of owners they deserve.

#598 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3041

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

If you are on twitter and don't follow @dog_feelings you are really missing out. This weekend I was wrapped up in his quest to find a new fren at the shelter.

#599 DancingShadows

DancingShadows

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443570
  • Ebay ID:DavisSexton
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

This is my main dude. His name is Boogie, named him after Demarcus cousins (I'm a big UK fan). He is a full blooded German Rotteeiler, I got him at 5 weeks old and he's basically been by my side since. I didn't go through all the pages but hoping there's some other rottie owners on here. All around amazing dog imo and gets a totally undeserved "Hollywood stereotype"

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapchat-113900108.jpg
  • Snapchat-1828196567.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors