Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 3 votes

Sharing my Story of TOUR Aspirations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xxslugger90

xxslugger90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137202
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi. Like many that have had the opportunity to play competitive golf, I’m interested in pursuing a professional career. My story is a bit different and I’d like to share it with you.

Growing up, I played most sports but wasn’t interested in golf. I gravitated towards baseball and got good enough to play at a semi-professional level and get offered Division 1 scholarships. But eventually, reality caught up to me as my college coach told me I would sit my first year and it’d be an uphill climb to earn regular playing time at a mid to high level division 1 college. It was a hard pill to swallow and I contemplated transferring to other schools to have the opportunity to play but before I pulled that trigger, I was re-introduced to golf.

In the winter of 2010 and into the spring and summer of 2011, I started to gain an interest in the biomechanics and the psychology of the game (eventually I reached out to Geoff Jones aka “slicefixer” in 2012). All of a sudden, the passion and competitiveness I had for baseball transferred into golf. I wanted to compete and play in tournaments and I started to compete in local sanctioned events in the summer of 2012.

I graduated in 2013 with an Industrial Engineering degree, and more importantly (in my mind) full reign and time to commit to improving my golf game. Every facet of my game individually and in practice can, at the very least, match up to a professional golfer. I don’t mean a PGA Tour player, but I have played with eGolf, Hooters, Web.com, and PGA Professionals and have beaten them in stroke play. I have the game, desire, and focus to make it. But I understand that there are many, many others who feel the same way who hit it, chip it, and putt it better than I do. Despite that, I have confidence in myself to make an impact in this game.

My tournament results are nothing to write home about. The only wins I've registered are club championships. This year especially, I've been very disappointed in my results. I’ve been playing well but, not unlike the Dallas Cowboys, I find ways to make the game much more difficult than it is. I found ways to turn 68, 69 into 74, 75, 76. I’ve been able to “put it together” in practice rounds and rounds on my home course but haven’t yet been able to do it in tournament rounds. The bottom line is that I need more experience and tournaments under my belt. I've played this game seriously for three years now and have played in less than 20 tournaments.

I want an opportunity to develop and improve my game. I want to relocate to a southern state to be able to play year round and play in as many tournaments as I can. There are mini tours that have one or two-day events where I can quickly get accustomed to tournament golf and be able to play in 50+ tournaments a year.

Yes, it’s been a long story. I hope you’ve learned a little about me. The point of posting this here on GolfWRX is to reach out to as many people as I can to find any interest in supporting me financially on my journey. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you my email. I have a sponsorship proposal written and ready to distribute. As I said earlier, I am different than most that are going on this journey. I won’t and can’t be rash and say I'm destined to be on the PGA Tour and guarantee 10x payback. But I do have an Industrial Engineering degree from a reputable university and a means to pay you back if you decide to invest. Thank you for reading, please view the links below to see me on the range.

Driver DTL:
Iron DTL
Driver FO
Iron FO
Youtube Channel

Edited by xxslugger90, 23 September 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 791

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Nice swing and good luck.