Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Review of Machineexperience

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PRhed

PRhed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258244
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

I thought I should describe my experience with Machine when I bought my first custom putter.
First a little info about myself, I am new to golf, started playing almost exactly 12 months ago (21,2hcp)but that didn' t stop me from wanting a custom putter . I have been playing a Scotty Cameron until now , it works really fine.
My craving for something different started when I saw that almost all my friends had similiar putters to my Scotty, booooring.
Then I had to google custom putters and "abrakadabra" a new world opened up, Golf WRX and Puttertalk, I spent several hours surfing pictures and reviews and it didn't take long until a had to order something.
At first I decided not to go for a full custom ( I had decided for a Machine though ) so I ordered a Machine M20 Converter from the Doglegright website, the day after I changed my mind after more hours of surfing pics of putters. I then mailed DLR and they changed my order and I got in contact with Chris.
I stayed true to the original choice of head but changed the material to damascus. Decided for a plumbersneck with pillcuts and a fatbackflange and a billet spacer, five pillcuts in the sole to see more of the layering in the damascus. Two sightlines in the cavity and a skull sightdot wich Dave engraved ( maybe a bit silly but I think it looks relly good, it almosts floats over the metal ) I wanted the billet grip in anodized black and the UST FF shaft to end the package.I also decided to have my name engraved on the head, it is placed under the medallion.
The whole experience of this purchase has been awesome. I might not be able to review the club fairly as I am this new into golf but I can review the process and the quality.
Dave and Chris has booth been fantastic to deal with, it is a bit of a process to have a putter like this made fot you and there has been several mails between me and Machine. This gives you the possibility to change your mind during the time, I did on some small things like paintfill, I originally wanted silver paintfill in the sightlines and skull and red in the ring on the Machinelogo but when I saw the finish on the head after Dave acidetched it I skipped the paintfill not to ruin the extremly good look of the damascus. Being new to golf doesn't mean that I am new to shopping, I am a heavy shopper and I love good quality , in my opinion nothing is ever to expensive but things can be poor quality and workmanship wich makes them not worth the money.. Yes a Machine custom putter costs a good pile of money but they are IMO worth every penny several times over. The quality of the work on this putter is astonishing, it feels like a solid piece of metal and I have eyeballed it heavy for hoooouurs looking for flaws, there are none.
Did my putter improve my putting? Maybe not but my " deadly putter " makes me happy when i play it and when I see it, actually I just want o shout " HEY EVERYONE COME LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY"  and it feels great when I play it.
I am really really proud and happy over it and I think Dave and Chris should be to.

Kind regards to Dave and Chris and to all of you "hoes" out there.

//Patrick

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by PRhed, 22 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14457
  • Ebay ID:choeppner99
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks Patrick!  It was great seeing your MACHINE come to life during this build.  If there is anything we can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Thanks

-Chris
Posted Image

Please feel free to contact me at:
Choeppner@Doglegright.com

#3 SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy

Just hit the flippin' ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201801
  • Handicap:<>
GolfWRX Likes : 1326

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Good looking stick!
9.5 Opti440 -  Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X
Exotics (2) CbPro DI
Adams DHY (21)
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

#4 Stinger82

Stinger82

Major Winner

• BST Volunteer Mods
  • 3,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82167
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 250

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Man that thing is AWESOME!!! If I had the cash this is almost exactly what mine would look like!!
TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha
Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie
TM RBZ stage 2 w/ black tie
Titleist AP2 4-GW w/ dgs300
Bettinardi studio stock 5
Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

#5 PRhed

PRhed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thanks vtec and stinger, Chris and Dave are the guys to admire, I merely made some small choices

#6 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15142
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi Patrick,

Thanks so much for the fantastic and humbling review!  We all throughly enjoyed working with you on this one, and really appreciate all your enthusiasm and trust in our work to make your first Custom.  

As I told you in an email, it may be one of, if not my favorite pieces to date.  I putt from the other side of the ball, but my dad played left handed and my wife is left handed, so I'm proud to offer the majority of models and custom options to our left handed customers.  Especially now that we're milling everything in-house.   Together, with your inspiration, great choices and support. I think we may have just elevated the bar to a new level!  :)  

I hope the weather holds for a long, nice fall so you can get as many rounds as possible this year.  And that you enjoy your MACHINE for many, many years to come.    And if you are ever in the Dallas area, you must let me know so we can roll out the red carpet.

Thanks again for all your support.

Best regards,

-Dave

PS: Your extra ART Headcover and Tool Kit on their way tomorrow!   -db2

#7 bjackson

bjackson

Win The Day

• Marshals
  • 4,703 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8942

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostPRhed, on 22 September 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Did my putter improve my putting? Maybe not but my "deadly putter" makes me happy when i play it

That's all that matters.

#8 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Congrats again on this fantastic Damascus Patrick!
ModArt MA01D 10 Muziik Bangvoo Premium
GP UT 17/Ryoma U 21 Fire Express UT
OnOff 2013 Forged 4-PW Roddio I-8
Crazy Proto 50/54/59 Shimada NW110
Titleist Pro V1 or Bridgestone B-330 RX
Gauge/GF/Low Tide/Machine/Slighter/Xenon

#9 PRhed

PRhed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for your nice words guys.
I agree with you Jackson , people should play whatever they want.
My Machine doesn't just make me happy when I play it, when I am rolling my cart I keep the headcover OFF so I can admire the club all the time.
It kind of reminds me of when I bought my first nice watch I couldn't stop looking at it, thats how pleased I was. This time I also have to touch it all the time. I think it might be Love ;0).

Cheers Patrick

#10 pegleg

pegleg

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2585
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Everything about that putter is beautiful - if that showed up at my door, I'd use it even though I'm extremely right-handed.
Great choice on skipping the paintfill - it looks like it belongs in a museum the way it is.

Waiting on my own custom Machine at the moment.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 PRhed

PRhed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thank you very much for your nice words Pegleg, I appreciate them. I am sure you will be as happy as I am when your Machine arrives.

Cheers Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors