Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Dave D's swing thread - Pg 30 back to basics


901 replies to this topic

#31 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Correct posture bending from the hips and then turn the left shoulder down into my right heel. Progress is being made. Need to keep an eye on when doing left shoulder down (not flat like normal) that their is enough left arm rotation going back as the tendency with The shoulder turn feeling more vertical is for the club to get a bit vertical going back as well.

Dave

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Few things to work on after today, my knees to me look a bit narrow and almost knock kneed, think i need to get them out over my feet a bit more.

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-40-44.jpg

because it leads to this, and id like it a little bit less of a straight right leg, which i think setting up better will cure.

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-57-15.jpg

im able to maintain my tush line from dtl view now so am getting my right hip deeper which is good, however the most glaring thing i need to work on is more hip rotation on the downswing, my hips are hardly open at all at impact and thus my arms dont have any room to go so they flip slightly.

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-40-07.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-59-34.jpg

all comments and thoughts welcome! :)

PS. i dont normally hit into a net i only did because i wanted to video a couple of swings after my round and it was nearer than the range!
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

2

#33 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

One thing I've noticed which Monte said would happen is getting a deeper right hip on the backswing has quietened down my right foot in the downswing. Before it was way off the heel quite early
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

3

#34 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

And also maybe the right hip needs to move down more on the downswing and not so high as per this video by monte?

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

4

#35 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think I'm making serious progress, working on a better setup with wider knees, left shoulder down backswing and then zipper/left heel away on the downswing. Was absolutely smashing it at the range on a great, very straight, and penetrating.

Here are a couple of side by side comparisons of top of backswing and impact with the changes im working on:

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-57-15.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-14-17-40-07.jpg

here are the videos dtl & fo of a 7 iron, and a dtl of a driver, my drivings been a bit off lately an very hooky.




Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

5

#36 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

and driver:



i think I'm on the right track and need to keep working on these 3 things.

any thoughts or comments welcome
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

6

#37 Sabre3

Sabre3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127624
  • Joined: 04/27/2011
  • Location:Webster, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Im just an observer and have no professional opinion, but I like that 7 iron DTL swing but the driver one looks like your hips move towards the ball on the downswing. Just an untrained observation.

7

#38 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostSabre3, on 17 December 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Im just an observer and have no professional opinion, but I like that 7 iron DTL swing but the driver one looks like your hips move towards the ball on the downswing. Just an untrained observation.
I agree. As I said I'm working on getting the zipper moving south west / left hip back to start the downswing and obviously the longer clubs needs more work still. Thanks for looking and commenting :)
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

8

#39 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Still working on similar things, wide knees in athletic setup, trying not to sway onto heels to start the backswing, then get weight into right heel at the top, then trying to get my hip and body turn deeper in the downswing (monte's miss the ball drill).

to my eye its starting to get better, backswing and tush line looking better. Still need more clearance with the body to start down but really like how my hands are leading the club more into impact.

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

All thoughts and comments welcome

Edited by davekzg, 09 February 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

9

#40 Hstead

Hstead

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
  • Joined: 09/30/2009
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2668

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

It seems to get better and better.  It even sounds good.

Taylormade M2 Matrix White Tie 70X 10.5
Ping G30 3 Wood Miyazaki Black X
Titleist 915Hd Rogue Black X Flex
PIng i e 3-PW CFS
Ping Glide 54* SS and 58* TS
Directed Force
Bridgestone Tour B330

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostHstead, on 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

It seems to get better and better.  It even sounds good.
Thanks mate, getting to the right heel at the top is really helping withbthe release, just like in your swing!
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

11

#42 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Sponsors
  • 16,999 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 9436

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Nice work Dave.
Did you see him smacked up
And cracked up
With his tongue on his chin
And his club in his hand,
Swinging from the rafters
Like a real RocknRolla

12

#43 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 09 February 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Nice work Dave.
Thanks Monte, means a lot coming from you. Thanks for all the advice too by email.
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

13

#44 Schnee

Schnee

    Jacket Enthusiast

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138338
  • Joined: 09/03/2011
  • Location:Northeast
  • Handicap:+0.3
  • Ebay ID:pinnacle27201
GolfWRX Likes : 2773

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Wooh wee! Look at that club shallow on the downswing! Looks great Dave! It's looking nice and compact. Great motion there.
"Grasshopper breaks wing
soars with Master's healing words.
Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70X
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* Graphite Design AD-DI 95X
Callaway Epic Hybrid 23* Graphite Design AD-DI 105X
Miura CB 1957 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50,54,58 Aerotech Steelfiber i125 stiff

Taylormade Spider Tour Black "Paulina"/ Bettinardi Queen Bee #8

Posted Image

14

#45 Larry111

Larry111

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258104
  • Joined: 06/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

I have sent my 3rd lesson off to him and he replied saying "Your first move down in transition needs to be your rib cage, right hip or zipper moving away from the ball, estbalishing you into your left heel sooner and making room for your right elbow to lead more and shallow the shaft more".


Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but does this also help keep your back to the target early in the downswing?


15

#46 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Sponsors
  • 16,999 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 9436

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostLarry111, on 10 February 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

I have sent my 3rd lesson off to him and he replied saying "Your first move down in transition needs to be your rib cage, right hip or zipper moving away from the ball, estbalishing you into your left heel sooner and making room for your right elbow to lead more and shallow the shaft more".


Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but does this also help keep your back to the target early in the downswing?

yes
Did you see him smacked up
And cracked up
With his tongue on his chin
And his club in his hand,
Swinging from the rafters
Like a real RocknRolla

16

#47 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostCSchnee, on 09 February 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Wooh wee! Look at that club shallow on the downswing! Looks great Dave! It's looking nice and compact. Great motion there.
Thanks very much! It's certainly getting there. Looks and is producing much more consistent shots and a better flight than 8 months ago
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

17

#48 bilbry57

bilbry57

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71740
  • Joined: 01/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Dave,

You started getting the club in a better position at the top 8 months ago ( look at before & after so good now ) You have so much more room to fire through.  You have changed your swing the right way
With help from Monte.  Great job sir

Edited by bilbry57, 10 February 2014 - 09:57 AM.


18

#49 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postbilbry57, on 10 February 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Dave,

You started getting the club in a better position at the top 8 months ago ( look at before & after so good now ) You have so much more room to fire through.  You have changed your swing the right way
With help from Monte.  Great job sir
Thanks for your kind comments sir. I hadn't checked the first videos I posted until you said about them, wow that is a difference, will try and get some before and after photos done and posted up. always nice to see its changed for the better!

thanks for looking.
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

19

#50 bilbry57

bilbry57

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71740
  • Joined: 01/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

View Postdavekzg, on 10 February 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

View Postbilbry57, on 10 February 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Dave,

You started getting the club in a better position at the top 8 months ago ( look at before & after so good now ) You have so much more room to fire through.  You have changed your swing the right way
With help from Monte.  Great job sir
Thanks for your kind comments sir. I hadn't checked the first videos I posted until you said about them, wow that is a difference, will try and get some before and after photos done and posted up. always nice to see its changed for the better!

thanks for looking.

Just reread my post  just to clarify( I simplified it too much)  you started with club to across line then rip hip not deep enough.  The point is Monte helped you identify the issues you had with your swing and you worked on those issues.  Nothing complicated just give and take between a student and instructor.  In the end  remarkable change .  Kudos to you for doing the work and Monte for his knowledge


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

View Postbilbry57, on 10 February 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 10 February 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

View Postbilbry57, on 10 February 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Dave,

You started getting the club in a better position at the top 8 months ago ( look at before & after so good now ) You have so much more room to fire through.  You have changed your swing the right way
With help from Monte.  Great job sir
Thanks for your kind comments sir. I hadn't checked the first videos I posted until you said about them, wow that is a difference, will try and get some before and after photos done and posted up. always nice to see its changed for the better!

thanks for looking.

Just reread my post  just to clarify( I simplified it too much)  you started with club to across line then rip hip not deep enough.  The point is Monte helped you identify the issues you had with your swing and you worked on those issues.  Nothing complicated just give and take between a student and instructor.  In the end  remarkable change .  Kudos to you for doing the work and Monte for his knowledge
Ah I see. Thanks. Yeah I find Monte superb to work with, his knowledge and ability to analyse the correct problem and give advice on correcting 1 thing at a time is the perfect way to approach swing changes for me. Just a shame I live in the UK and not in California!
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

21

#52 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

I've recently had a bit of a light bulb moment and can't wait to get to the range tomorrow to video it and see. I have a good amount of hip turn, almost a bit too much it appears as I rotate off my tush line. Although it's a lot better than it was I still do it. I think this is down to turning my hips too much too soon and don't let them turn as a reaction to the arms and shoulders swinging back.

Not actively restricting the hips but letting them turn as a reaction in the backswing. Videoed a practice swing and i keep my tush line perfectly with a good amount of hip turn still and have my weight more in my right heel with this feeling and thought.

Can't wait to hit that range.

Edited by davekzg, 26 February 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

22

#53 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

my light bulb thought and feeling works! much better hip turn and weight more in right heel and much better angles FO at the top of the backswing, and nearly perfect on the tush line at the top, just needs a hare deeper right hip.

the main thing that is still clear is that i need much more rotation in hips and core on  the downswing so that needs work, but again a step in the right direction, all stepping stones in the process to developing a more consistent and repeatable swing!

Im really enjoying how much simpler my swing is looking, looks more effortless and more just like 2 turns and a swish, just need more turn in the 2nd one!

what do you guys think?




Edited by davekzg, 27 February 2014 - 05:25 PM.

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

23

#54 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

THIS!



This is what I need on my downswing, Monte you are a genius!
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

24

#55 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

25

#56 Deuce Ex

Deuce Ex

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174046
  • Joined: 04/09/2012
  • Location:Chicago
  • Ebay ID:Irishguard2011
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

View Postdavekzg, on 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Amazing.  Look at that ball go.  Good work!!
Cobra Amp Cell Pro D+73
Adams Idea A12 Pro 16* Aldila Rip
Mizuno MP33 2i
Mizuno MP-64 KBS X
Vokey SM5 52*F + 58*K
Odyssey ProType 2

26

#57 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostDeuce Ex, on 06 March 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Amazing.  Look at that ball go.  Good work!!
Thanks, the difference in ball flight since I started working with Monte in May is night and day, so much more penetrating rather than a spinney high flight.
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

27

#58 dazzi

dazzi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62038
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:32701
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postdavekzg, on 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

View PostDeuce Ex, on 06 March 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Amazing.  Look at that ball go.  Good work!!
Thanks, the difference in ball flight since I started working with Monte in May is night and day, so much more penetrating rather than a spinney high flight.

Nice job Dave. Very nice. Your Club Champ better get at it now.

28

#59 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

View Postdazzi, on 07 March 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

View PostDeuce Ex, on 06 March 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Amazing.  Look at that ball go.  Good work!!
Thanks, the difference in ball flight since I started working with Monte in May is night and day, so much more penetrating rather than a spinney high flight.

Nice job Dave. Very nice. Your Club Champ better get at it now.
Thanks. But I am the club champ :D
Driver: Taylormade 2017 M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 65g
3 Wood: Taylormade 2017 M1 3HL 16* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Hybrid: Taylormade 2016 M1 20* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, MD3 Black 55* & Forged 60*
Putter: Odyssey Protype 2 34" w/ Superstroke 1.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

29

#60 dazzi

dazzi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62038
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:32701
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

View Postdavekzg, on 08 March 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

View Postdazzi, on 07 March 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

View PostDeuce Ex, on 06 March 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

View Postdavekzg, on 06 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Big improvement in my tush line and downswing. More turn through and better lead with the right elbow from what I can see. Ball flight is getting better and better. And best of all I'm getting my fade back when I get it right which I'd much prefer. Very excited about this season now!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Amazing.  Look at that ball go.  Good work!!
Thanks, the difference in ball flight since I started working with Monte in May is night and day, so much more penetrating rather than a spinney high flight.

Nice job Dave. Very nice. Your Club Champ better get at it now.
Thanks. But I am the club champ :D

:read:


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors