Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2013 FedEx Cup Playoff's Round 4 - The Tour Championship September 19-22, 2013 East Lake GC Atlanta,GA


233 replies to this topic

#31 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
  • Joined: 09/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 749

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Wow.  Is Henrik Stenson playing some kind of GOLF right now?
HS wins a major next year.

Taylormade SLDR White TP 10.5 Black Tie 7M3 Stiff
Taylormade SLDR TP 3 Wood 15* Kai Li 70 Stif
Taylormade UDI 18 SLDR 21 Peanut 24
Taylormade SLDR 5-GW KBS CTaper 90 stiff
Taylormade TP ATV Grind 54 60
Taylormade Maranello 81 34 Inches

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Flat out nasty shot by Henrik on 18, 5 iron 223 into a couple of feet.  The locker room is safe this evening
The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#33 Bronco01

Bronco01

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143985
  • Joined: 10/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Wow.  Adam Scott hits a 6 under back 9, sits 1 off the pace and so far on this thread its STENSON & TW the only players who get a mention?  Great fightback by Scott to get himself back at the top of the leaderboard. Problem is, the television coverage will mirror this thread.  I'll get home after work to watch the round which I recorded.  I'm sure I'll see every shot TW hit on his way to a 3 over (and 2nd to last) and about half a dozen shots hit by Scott.

Hope that's not the case but if every other tournament's coverage so far this year is a guide I wont be holding my breath to see much of Scott's round.
Titleist 910 D3 (9.5/A1) Proforce V2
Titleist 910 Fd (15/D4) Project X 8C4
Adams XTD-Ti (20)
Mizuno MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-pw)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select
Mizuno MP-T4 (50&54)

#34 hayzooos

hayzooos

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:Huntley, IL
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 1361

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postgusmahler, on 19 September 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

View Posthayzooos, on 19 September 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

This is only a brief snapshot in time, but as of right now, with the rankings stacked as they are...Tiger is 2nd to last...yet projected to finish 2nd (SECOND) in the final standings. That seems off to me.
While the FedEx Cup heavily weights the final 4 tournaments of the year, it still gives you credit for what you did before the FedEx Cup. And Tiger came into the FedEx Cup with a huge lead based on his 5 wins.

If it's any consolation, he's third now. That pays "only" $2M.

Yeah, it's weighted like that, I just found it odd that he could finish almost dead last and yet still come in 2nd overall. I know the points reset going into this tourney, but I just found it strange he could finish 29th (although technically, when I posted it was T26) and come in second overall.
i25 9.5* Xphlexxx Agera
XHP 15* Fuji Speeder VC 8.1
815 hybrid 20* w/ Veylix 988
714 AP2 4-PW Modus3 120
SCOR 52/58* Nippon WV 115/125
Odyssey MXM #1W
WITB Link

#35 Graffy4242

Graffy4242

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189878
  • Joined: 07/02/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostBronco01, on 19 September 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Wow.  Adam Scott hits a 6 under back 9, sits 1 off the pace and so far on this thread its STENSON & TW the only players who get a mention?  Great fightback by Scott to get himself back at the top of the leaderboard. Problem is, the television coverage will mirror this thread.  I'll get home after work to watch the round which I recorded.  I'm sure I'll see every shot TW hit on his way to a 3 over (and 2nd to last) and about half a dozen shots hit by Scott.

Hope that's not the case but if every other tournament's coverage so far this year is a guide I wont be holding my breath to see much of Scott's round.

Tiger obsession is a national pastime in the US apparently.

I think he needs a Public Holiday named after him.


#36 knowgolf

knowgolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164563
  • Joined: 02/19/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Stenson has been crazy good since July. He's had a couple tournaments where he's struggled, but he seems to bounce right back to near the top the following week. Good for him. It's hard to believe he was pretty dreadful during the three seasons prior to this one, but that's golf.

#37 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2644

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys

#38 gusmahler

gusmahler

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276697
  • Joined: 09/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Posthayzooos, on 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yeah, it's weighted like that, I just found it odd that he could finish almost dead last and yet still come in 2nd overall. I know the points reset going into this tourney, but I just found it strange he could finish 29th (although technically, when I posted it was T26) and come in second overall.
It's actually worse than that. If Dustin Johnson wins and each of the top 5 in the FedEx standings finishes 6th or worse, Tiger shares the FedEx Cup with Johnson.

#39 SteelPride

SteelPride

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38821
  • Joined: 09/05/2007
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 330

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys

Agreed and most rightfully so.

#40 gusmahler

gusmahler

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276697
  • Joined: 09/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys
There are actually two POY awards. The PGA Player of the Year award is points based and Tiger has already clinched it. Agree, though, that if Scott wins today, he probably wins the PGA Tour Player of the Year, which is voted on by the Tour players.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#41 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2644

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postgusmahler, on 19 September 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys
There are actually two POY awards. The PGA Player of the Year award is points based and Tiger has already clinched it. Agree, though, that if Scott wins today, he probably wins the PGA Tour Player of the Year, which is voted on by the Tour players.

Sorry, my mistake.

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be PGA Tour POY, sorry guys

#42 TLUBulldogGolf

TLUBulldogGolf

    Sasquatch

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32821
  • Joined: 06/25/2007
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Handicap:+1.9
  • Ebay ID:ajvesey08
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

He has to win it first...

Stenson was really on with his irons today, hard to count him out the way he is hitting it. Tiger looked awful on the greens today.

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf, 19 September 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Callaway RAZR Fit 8.5* Ahina 70X
Titleist 913 Fd 15* Speeder TS 8.2X
Ping I20 17* Diamana Thump 103X
Mizuno MP-69 3-PW PX 6.5
Mizuno MP T-10 54/09 & 60/08
Odyssey Versa #7 BWB w/ IOmic

#43 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143353
  • Joined: 10/20/2011
  • Location:Northern VA
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Stenson is hot, Tiger is not.

#44 rabbit111

rabbit111

    rabbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128426
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Wow only 2 pages after the first day. The play offs aren't working?

#45 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2644

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postrabbit111, on 20 September 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Wow only 2 pages after the first day. The play offs aren't working?

It's Tiger that is not working


#46 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postgusmahler, on 19 September 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys
There are actually two POY awards. The PGA Player of the Year award is points based and Tiger has already clinched it. Agree, though, that if Scott wins today, he probably wins the PGA Tour Player of the Year, which is voted on by the Tour players.

Sorry, my mistake.

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be PGA Tour POY, sorry guys

Unfortunately for yourself and Adam, they still have 3 rounds left to play.

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 20 September 2013 - 10:08 AM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#47 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2644

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 20 September 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postgusmahler, on 19 September 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys
There are actually two POY awards. The PGA Player of the Year award is points based and Tiger has already clinched it. Agree, though, that if Scott wins today, he probably wins the PGA Tour Player of the Year, which is voted on by the Tour players.

Sorry, my mistake.

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be PGA Tour POY, sorry guys

Unfortunately for yourself and Adam, they still have 3 rounds left to play.

I see somebody is not rooting for Adam Scott :D

#48 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postimakaveli, on 20 September 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 20 September 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postgusmahler, on 19 September 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be POY, sorry guys
There are actually two POY awards. The PGA Player of the Year award is points based and Tiger has already clinched it. Agree, though, that if Scott wins today, he probably wins the PGA Tour Player of the Year, which is voted on by the Tour players.

Sorry, my mistake.

With a FedEx Cup win, a Major and 2 playoffs events Adam Scott will be PGA Tour POY, sorry guys

Unfortunately for yourself and Adam, they still have 3 rounds left to play.

I see somebody is not rooting for Adam Scott :D

Adam would be one of my favorite golfers if not for his caddie and that hideous putter. His swing is just fantastic!

I wouldn't mind seeing Stenson win this. The guy just nukes that 3 wood. It's impressive to watch.
8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#49 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Candy Dulfer - Yes I like Jazz too...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 2973

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

**crickets chirping**

#50 highdraw69

highdraw69

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22243
  • Joined: 11/28/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

tiger just uncorked a 351-yard drive...wow...even if that hole is downhill, that is something


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#51 Shankieboink

Shankieboink

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130733
  • Joined: 06/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

If Tiger can post a similar round as Stenson did yesterday I don't think he's out of it.

#52 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1642

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Tiger looks to have his head out if his a$& today.  Hopefully he can get back into contention.

#53 PGArox

PGArox

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 1976

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hopefully, the great Phil Mickelson will get on a roll and deliver one last big performance for the season.

GO PHIL!

#54 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Candy Dulfer - Yes I like Jazz too...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 2973

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 20 September 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Tiger looks to have his head out if his a$& today.  Hopefully he can get back into contention.
He's in the middle of the pack as of now.  That's serious progress compared to what he was doing yesterday!

#55 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Candy Dulfer - Yes I like Jazz too...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 2973

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm not really sure what's gotten into Dufner over the past couple of days though.  Fatigue?


#56 gusmahler

gusmahler

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276697
  • Joined: 09/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

They were just saying that Stricker could win the scoring average title this year. But is that true? The scoring average page has two stats listed for Stricker for number of rounds played 47 and 43. He's obviously playing 4 this week. So if the true number is 47, he'll meet the minimum and be eligible for the Byron Nelson award. But he can't meet the 60 round minimum for the Vardon award, so it looks like Tiger has that locked up. (He's 0.42 strokes ahead of the next guy eligible for the Vardon (Justin Rose), and it's unlikely that he loses that many strokes in one tournament).

EDIT: Looks like 43 is the number of rounds used for the calculation, but 47 is the total number of rounds played (including match play rounds which are not included in the calculation. So it does look like Stricker is eligible to win the Byron Nelson.

I have no idea how the scoring adjustment works, but if you just take the average before the tourney started and factor in yesterday's round, Tiger's lead goes down from 0.15 to 0.013.

Edited by gusmahler, 20 September 2013 - 12:51 PM.


#57 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1642

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

I'm not really sure what's gotten into Dufner over the past couple of days though.  Fatigue?

To much drinking, eating and partying with his trophy wife!

#58 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1642

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 20 September 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Tiger looks to have his head out if his a$& today.  Hopefully he can get back into contention.
He's in the middle of the pack as of now.  That's serious progress compared to what he was doing yesterday!

He needs to end the season with a charging from behind comeback win.

#59 n3putts

n3putts

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152593
  • Joined: 12/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Tiger is on the PROWL!!!!

#60 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2644

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Tiger -2! If I understood the FedEx Cup system correctly this thread should reach page 5 in an hour!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors