Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

R1 Users anyone play the upright lie angle

Taylormade R1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gooner21

gooner21

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117528
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Anyone playing the R1 in the upright setting? Curious how it effects ball flight?

Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 G-Bone

G-Bone

Better than most...

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50361
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I am.  I believe it starts the ball slightly more left than in standard position... And perhaps very slightly higher ball flight.
Cobra Bio Cell 9º ~ Diamana D+
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15º • 19º ~ AD GT
Adams Pro 20º ~ Tour Red ATX
Nike VR_S Forged 5–PW ~ SteelFiber
Scratch 51º • 57º • 63º ~ SteelFiber
Cameron CT Del Mar Buttonback (A026140)

#3 funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240453
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

I do -- It was the one adjustment I made while dialing in that really made a serious difference.  When I switched to upright, things immediately started to fly more predictably.

I'm playing the club at 44.5" and I think that's got to be part of why the upright lie angle helps with my swing.

It doesn't help me start shots more to the left.  It helps me square the clubface more effectively.  That, I guess helps start the ball left for straight swings, but mine is very in-to-out.  I have the most beautiful push-fade now.  270+ and usually in the middle.

#4 Nick6771

Nick6771

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 229239
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

After a lot of tinkering around at the range I have settled on 10.5 upright. I get the most consistent strike and its flying quite straight although this may also have something to do with the heavy weight being fitted in the toe and the sole weight set to the max draw setting. Going out to play now for the first time with the new setting, I'll report back later.

#5 MorikawaTMAG

MorikawaTMAG

Junior Golfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254850
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I am 5'6" but i play the 9.5 upright lie. I dont know if its mental but i feel i hit the upright lie just a tad bit more centered (Up and down on the face).

Taylormade- Adidas Junior Staff
59 belts Ambassador
Honolulu, Hawaii
WITB Link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors