Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PING Z-Z65

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jrk

jrk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18672
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

Anyone know of a shaft, such as Rifle, etc, that might have similar characteristics/feel as this?

Thanks,
Randy

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 gcl

gcl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2917
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

I've heard that the ZZ65 is similar to Dynalite Gold.

#3 SkiHound

SkiHound

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5048

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

I'm definately not a shaft guru but the Ping web site says the Z-Z65 has playing characteristics similar to Dynamic Gold but at a lighter weight.  Based on that I'm thinking the DGS300 SL might be pretty similar.

#4 beyondgolf

beyondgolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5397

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:07 AM

dg s-300 sl

#5 maskedman

maskedman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23404

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:54 AM

It's a custom shaft, using Ping specifications. It falls somewhere between the CSLite and DG, closer to the DGSL. Ball flight will be between these two. This from the Ping CS rep.

TaylormadeSLDR_Speeder57
PING_G25_5wood_TFC189
PING_G25_23hybrid_TFC189
PING_i25_5-S_Nippon950GH
ProV1_2013
CameronSelect

#6 kooch1221

kooch1221

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1386
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

The Z-Z65 shaft was designed to have the bend profile of the D S300 at about 12 grams lighter weight. As others have said it is a propetiary shaft that really has no close match. If you are looking to match similar ball flights look a the DG SL

#7 cubuffs

cubuffs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2942
  • Ebay ID:phillbre
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

I agree with all that has been said above.  I played the ZZ-65 in a set of Ping I3 Blades for 5 years.  Switcjed last year to a set of MP-60s with the DGSL shaft and they seem to play very simular.

#8 schlebrock

schlebrock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11688
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

This information is from the Ping website:

CS-LITE (Regular & Stiff): Weight: 93.9 ®, 107.3 (S) Torque: 1.8 ®, 1.7 (S) Description: Lightweight steel shaft that has a mid flex point and a mid to soft tip section. A very common shaft found in the G2 and G5 series. Ball Flight: This shaft is designed to hit the ball the highest of all of the shafts offered at this flex.

Z-Z65 (Stiff): Weight: 108.8g Torque: 1.6 Description: An updated version of the ZZ-Lite. Lightweight steel shaft that has a high flex point and stiff tip section. This shaft is only offered in stiff. The Z-Z65 is similar in flex to a Dynamic Gold S300, but is much lighter in weight. A very common shaft in ISI irons through current iron offerings. Ball Flight: This shaft is designed for a mid-ball flight due to the weight. It should fly lower then the CS-Lite and higher then the DGS and DGX.

ZZ-LITE (Stiff): Weight: 115.0g Torque: 1.9 Description: Very similar to the Z-Z65 but heavier in weight. The ZZ-Lite has a high flex point and stiff tip section. A very common shaft in Eye 2 irons. Ball Flight: Same as the Z-Z65. (NOT available for new orders)

JZ (Regular & Stiff): Weight: 109.8g ®, 115.1g (S) Torque: 1.9 ® 1.7 (S) Description: A mid weight steel shaft that plays a little softer than the Z-Z65 and ZZ-Lite. A very common shaft in Zing, Zing 2, and ISI irons. Ball Flight: Due to the mid flex point of this shaft it is designed to hit the ball between the CS-Lite and the Z-Z65. (NOT available for new orders)

DGS (Stiff): Weight: 124.5g Torque: 1.5 Description: Dynamic Gold S-400. A heavy shaft with a high flex point and a stiff tip section. Ball Flight: Weight of this shaft should hit the ball lower then all of the shafts except the DGX.

DGX (X-Stiff): Weight: 122.8g Torque: 1.4 Description: Dynamic Gold X-100. A heavy shaft with a high flex point and a very stiff tip section. Ball Flight: This shaft is heavy and aimed at players with a high swing speed or quick tempo. The shaft should produce the lowest ball flight of all shafts listed.

KT & KT-M (Stiff): Weight: 106g Torque: 1.9 Description: A mid weight shaft with a high flex point and stiff tip section. These shafts are most commonly found in Eye2, and Zing irons. Ball Flight: Mid, similar to ZZ-Lite (NOT available for new orders)

Microtaper (Stiff): Weight: 115g Torque: 1.9 Description: A mid-weight shaft with a high flex point and stiff tip section. This shaft is very similar to the KT Shaft. Most commonly found in the K series, Eye, and Eye 2 irons. Ball Flight: Mid, similar to ZZ-Lite (NOT available for new orders)

Hope this helps.
Ping G25 9.5 | Fujikura Speeder 757
Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5 | UST Attas T2
Titleist 913H 21 | Aldila Tour Green
Ping G25's 4-UW | KBS Tour-V
Vokey TVD SM4 54S, 58K | KBS Tour
Ping Craz-E Scottsdale TR

#9 jrk

jrk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18672

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thanks all.  I have DGS300's in my MP 32's now.  I hit these pretty damn high.  I hit the S58 with these PING shafts much lower.  I also hit the Ben Hogan blade the other day with a Rifle 6 and this was much lower as well.  Funny thing is the Ben Hogan's loft is much weaker than my 32's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors