Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

Best Golf Clubs for a 15 Handicapper

15 Handicap Clubs

35 replies to this topic

#31 mizawiza

mizawiza

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262974
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostGoIrish17, on 27 August 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Postmizawiza, on 27 August 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

15 cap due to bad putting. that's like 15 3 putts per round or is it like some 4 putts and a few 1 putts? so on in 2 par 4 on in 1 on par 3 on in 3 par 5?

You double checking his handicap or offering advice on clubs?

neither. im trying to figure out how its possible to be a 15 handicap when every tee shot is playable and every approach shot goes on the green. i was gonna recommend a putting island to practice on so he could drop to single digits. are you on retainer in case i need some golf forum representation or do you handle one special client like tom hagen?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postmizawiza, on 27 August 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

15 cap due to bad putting. that's like 15 3 putts per round or is it like some 4 putts and a few 1 putts? so on in 2 par 4 on in 1 on par 3 on in 3 par 5?

neither. im trying to figure out how its possible to be a 15 handicap when every tee shot is playable and every approach shot goes on the green. i was gonna recommend a putting island to practice on so he could drop to single digits. are you on retainer in case i need some golf forum representation or do you handle one special client like tom hagen?

I was going to ask what you charged per hour for game analysis. Guy just asked for some club suggestions, not to get beat up on his game. Who cares why he is a 15 handicap? Offer a suggestion or pass it over and crawl back under the bridge, troll.

#33 Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221601
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ping G15. You can thank me later.

#34 mizawiza

mizawiza

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262974
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostGoIrish17, on 27 August 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I was going to ask what you charged per hour for game analysis. Guy just asked for some club suggestions, not to get beat up on his game. Who cares why he is a 15 handicap? Offer a suggestion or pass it over and crawl back under the bridge, troll.

take your own advice. you spent 3 posts before even coming close to mentioning an iron and it was someone elses suggestion. why is it ok for you to recommend getting fit? he didnt ask. he asked for club suggestions based on his ball striking ability and handicap. and i didnt ask why he was a 15, he told us. he needs to just practice his putting and forget new irons based on his description. get into those single digits. since i win ill stop now. that hagen comment is not beatable. sorry.

#35 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postmizawiza, on 27 August 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostGoIrish17, on 27 August 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

take your own advice. you spent 3 posts before even coming close to mentioning an iron and it was someone elses suggestion. why is it ok for you to recommend getting fit? he didnt ask. he asked for club suggestions based on his ball striking ability and handicap. and i didnt ask why he was a 15, he told us. he needs to just practice his putting and forget new irons based on his description. get into those single digits. since i win ill stop now. that hagen comment is not beatable. sorry.

Yeah, ok guy. You got me. Your prize is in the mail.

#36 oregongolfguy

oregongolfguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87170
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

I would say that the best clubs are the ones that fit you best.  If you have a reasonably good/reasonably repeatable swing then any GI/SGI head should work fine, but shafts and fit makes a big difference.  Knowing your general swing tempo and speed, angle of attack etc can help match you into a shaft that feels and performes right for you.
  I never used to put much thought into shafts, but in the last year or so it has opened my eyes, for me personally getting a good shaft/head combo to match my swing makes a bigger difference the head design alone, at least unless you go extreme...
  Best plan is to get some demo's and go bang them outside, on grass.....gotta feel that club interact with the grass, gotta see that ball flight.  I like to hit on the monitor in the store to kinda narrow down the choices, then take the best 3-4 outside on grass to make a final decision...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors