Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Replacement Spikes for M Project

Anyone know the new system

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 feedlotdoc

feedlotdoc

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86388
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

My pro tells me that the M Project have a new spike system.  The only spikes he carries for them are no good for me.  Can anyone tell me of some spikes for these shoes?  I have had one or two out, and they are not the fast twist, at least I think.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dmac4g

dmac4g

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16945
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

They use any spike that uses the PINS system.  Below is a link to Softspikes Website with information.

http://www.softspike...ndex.php?s=pins

#3 NormG

NormG

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99122
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I wish they would burn the PINS system. I lose at least one spike a round...they just fall out.

#4 Bandy1080

Bandy1080

• 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129334
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostNormG, on 16 July 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I wish they would burn the PINS system. I lose at least one spike a round...they just fall out.

I honestly don't see how this is possible.  I have played 50+ rounds on mine and have yet to lose one.  You must be twisting in a way that makes them come out.  That or they are gripping too much into firm ground?

If it is that much of an issue, call footjoy customer service and complain.  Maybe they will give you a pair of the spikeless.

#5 feedlotdoc

feedlotdoc

Tour Winner

• 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86388
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

I agree with them falling out.  Any idea when they are coming with some different cleats than the current offering?

#6 UncleKevin

UncleKevin

• 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212559
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

My buddy had them for a couple weeks and a spike fell out. Couldn't find the new spikes anywhere and wrote to customer service they sent him a new set.

That's how you keep customers.
Nike Covert Perf - GD Tour AD-DI
Nike Covert Perf 3W - Diamana Whiteboard
Nike VR Pro LTD 5W - Diamana ilima
Nike VR Pro Combos 4-P - KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select GoLo
Nike VR Pro 52-56-60 Wedges

#7 jerryo

jerryo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63410
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

In researching buying some M project shoes I came across some comments from a Footjoy employee at the Footjoy forums. He said that with the pins system and this goes for install and taking out, you turn the cleat only for the three clicks and it is in. Same with taking it out, listen for the three clicks and it is out. You do not tighten these cleats like the traditional ones.

my spiked pair are new so I have not yet had to change the cleats.
?
xhp 17* code 8
xhp 20* altus
rbz tour kbs tour
scor 53, 59 c taper
dual force 990

#8 NormG

NormG

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99122
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

View Postjerryo, on 17 July 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

In researching buying some M project shoes I came across some comments from a Footjoy employee at the Footjoy forums. He said that with the pins system and this goes for install and taking out, you turn the cleat only for the three clicks and it is in. Same with taking it out, listen for the three clicks and it is out. You do not tighten these cleats like the traditional ones.

my spiked pair are new so I have not yet had to change the cleats.

You can't turn them past 3 clicks without ripping the cleat apart. They still fall out.

#9 smitty

smitty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90569
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've walked about 40 rounds on my Project M's, yet to have one fall out.  I think you guys are doing something wrong.

#10 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

I have no personal experience with the new PINS spike system other than what I've seen online. It appears to be a deficiency with the spike design as the Adidas shoes that use the same PINS spikes have this problem too. I predict this system won't last long and will go the way of the Betamax.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 MANthrax

MANthrax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 247165
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

The PINS system from what I read is to keep the shoe lower to the ground as it is a low profile system.  The problem if you look closely at the system is that the plastic in the shoe is too fragile and easily destroyed if you've not cleaned the area really well.  Also it's my belief that if you where to stumble and drag your foot the spike would pull on the system and destroy the delicate piece that is supposed to hold the spike.  Anyway they need a more robust socket and they shouldn't have any more problems.  I personally like the system but it needs to be changed.

#12 prestiege

prestiege

club ho addiction is a real illness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88848
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

ive had one of the front spikes come out on my right shoe a couple times.  it was late in the year so the ground was much harder.  since it came out during the round i didnt have time to clean the grove out properly.  after it happened the second time, i took all the spikes out and cleaned everything up and put them back in and havent had an issue yet.  i just put the adidas in them for the upcoming season so those fit just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors