Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

Bubba Watson demeaning his caddy..


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
457 replies to this topic

#271 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Over looking the two doofus announcer comments, nobody knows what actually went down, or what, if anything is happening between Bubba and his caddy.  Threads like this are not only based on ridiculous assumptions, but judgmental.  You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Your point would be valid...if he hadn't demonstrated this 25 times previously.

And if his "medical" condition causes him to be an a$$ to those around him, maybe he shouldn't be an entertainer on television.  That's all he is.

Mental disorders are a spectrum.  We all have varying degrees.  Eventually we must address our own issues.  Whose to say his immature reactions can't be rectified with a little "manning up" like the other players are doing?

No pass issued on being outwardly antagonistic.

driver
3w
913h 19*
mizuno
sm5 x 3
anser 2 k-tr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#272 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postpaulshack, on 24 June 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

ted scott@jtedscott  2h
Not sure what @bubbawatson was talking about. I never make a mistak #golfishard

bubba watson@bubbawatson  2h
Hahaha me eether “@jtedscott: Not sure what @bubbawatson was talking about. I never make a mistak #golfishard


look everyone .. even they dont care anymore.. a little argument between 2 (best) friends on the course over winning 1million bucks

what an a** hole hope he never plays good again
:good:


Right?  

This is sounding like the Washington Redskin name thing....everybody saying how its offensive, and how it should make you rfeel and creating havoc and having all sorts of opinions on it, writing articles, blogs, comments, calling into radio shows....meanwhile you never really hear about actual Native American people and what they say.  In fact some Native Americans that were asked could totally care less or take pride in it.  No lets leave it up to writers and everybody else to drag this thing on for ever

I guess the two have hashed it out and moved on....but well stay talking about it for weeks.  Then the thread will die down until the next episode.

Edited by bubbagump, 24 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
5-PW TM 2009 Tour Preferred SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
52*, 58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#273 B_of_H

B_of_H

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246729
  • Joined: 04/22/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostVindog, on 24 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

View Postdjmohab2, on 24 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

In a way, the hypocrisy applies similarly. Tiger tried to preach being a family man with those tastefully released studio portraits of himself, his babies, dog, and wife. Bubba tries to preach being a Christian and accosts his caddy for something that they both share blame on. It should be the player's job to cross-check with the caddy before pulling the trigger. I saw a few holes of him at the Match Play in 2011 and he's one hell of a golfer. If the caddie/player dynamic they share includes this type of conversation, then they're both adults and can deal with it. However, do not go and preach kindness to your fellow man with that type of behavior in the public eye. This type of double standard is what turns some people off from religion.

I don't understand this argument.  Does being Christian mean you can't get frustrated or angry?

human beings are human beings regardless of faith or spirituality.  great athletes are almost always extremely motivated and irrationally competitive.  these people also tend to have tempers.  Some handle mistakes worse than others.

#274 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Trust me I'm not losing any sleep over Bubba freaking out again.  It's just a conversational thread.  I'll simply roll my eyes the next time at happens like I have for the past decade.

At least he's not shooting another player in the face outside a nightclub.
driver
3w
913h 19*
mizuno
sm5 x 3
anser 2 k-tr

#275 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    De oppresso liber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postdjmohab2, on 24 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

View Postilikegolf26, on 24 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I don't like Tiger either. But Tiger also doesn't preach the word of the lord to us and pretend to be some sort of super holy man like Bubba.

In a way, the hypocrisy applies similarly. Tiger tried to preach being a family man with those tastefully released studio portraits of himself, his babies, dog, and wife. Bubba tries to preach being a Christian and accosts his caddy for something that they both share blame on. It should be the player's job to cross-check with the caddy before pulling the trigger. I saw a few holes of him at the Match Play in 2011 and he's one hell of a golfer. If the caddie/player dynamic they share includes this type of conversation, then they're both adults and can deal with it. However, do not go and preach kindness to your fellow man with that type of behavior in the public eye. This type of double standard is what turns some people off from religion.

Sorry, but you apparently do not understand what it means to be a Christian or in my case Catholic, and how human nature has it's imperfections.  Being either does NOT mean we're perfect.  All we can do is try.  In other words your statement suggests unrealistic assumptions.

Edited by Pepperturbo, 24 June 2013 - 03:12 PM.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x
SC California Monterey

#276 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    De oppresso liber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Poststation2station, on 24 June 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Over looking the two doofus announcer comments, nobody knows what actually went down, or what, if anything is happening between Bubba and his caddy.  Threads like this are not only based on ridiculous assumptions, but judgmental.  You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Your point would be valid...if he hadn't demonstrated this 25 times previously.

And if his "medical" condition causes him to be an a$$ to those around him, maybe he shouldn't be an entertainer on television.  That's all he is.

Mental disorders are a spectrum.  We all have varying degrees.  Eventually we must address our own issues.  Whose to say his immature reactions can't be rectified with a little "manning up" like the other players are doing?

No pass issued on being outwardly antagonistic.

Believe as you wish... but I cope with Dyslexia and minor ADD, and still found success.  What someone like Bubba puts himself through is hard to discuss here, not to mention what family and friends of his and mine have come to understand about how our lives are different from theirs.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x
SC California Monterey

#277 DieHard519

DieHard519

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97466
  • Joined: 10/28/2009
  • Location:Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

View Postdjmohab2, on 24 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

View Postilikegolf26, on 24 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I don't like Tiger either. But Tiger also doesn't preach the word of the lord to us and pretend to be some sort of super holy man like Bubba.

In a way, the hypocrisy applies similarly. Tiger tried to preach being a family man with those tastefully released studio portraits of himself, his babies, dog, and wife. Bubba tries to preach being a Christian and accosts his caddy for something that they both share blame on. It should be the player's job to cross-check with the caddy before pulling the trigger. I saw a few holes of him at the Match Play in 2011 and he's one hell of a golfer. If the caddie/player dynamic they share includes this type of conversation, then they're both adults and can deal with it. However, do not go and preach kindness to your fellow man with that type of behavior in the public eye. This type of double standard is what turns some people off from religion.

Sorry, but you apparently do not understand what it means to be a Christian or in my case Catholic, and how human nature has it's imperfections.  Being either does NOT mean we're perfect.  All we can do is try.  In other words your statement suggests unrealistic assumptions.

Perfect, no. Illogical, maybe, but definitely not perfect.

#278 drpurpell

drpurpell

    Headcover ho

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4012
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
  • Location:East Kilbride, Scotland
  • Handicap:8.0
  • Ebay ID:drpurpell
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Always thought Watson was a bit of a fud, this only confirms it - he calls himself Bubba ferchristsakes, and refer to himself in the third person during TV interviews.

At least he isn't blaming the French this time.

#279 Prof3ssor

Prof3ssor

    Hit it, find it, hit it again!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31567
  • Joined: 06/13/2007
  • Location:NNJ
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Medical conditions?  He has ADD and so do I.  I would never classify my ADD to someone as a medical condition but that is just my .02
Bio Cell - AD DI
Bio Cell FW
XTD Hybrid
AP2 4-GW
Vokeys
Versa #7

#280 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View Poststation2station, on 24 June 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Over looking the two doofus announcer comments, nobody knows what actually went down, or what, if anything is happening between Bubba and his caddy.  Threads like this are not only based on ridiculous assumptions, but judgmental.  You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Your point would be valid...if he hadn't demonstrated this 25 times previously.

And if his "medical" condition causes him to be an a$$ to those around him, maybe he shouldn't be an entertainer on television.  That's all he is.

Mental disorders are a spectrum.  We all have varying degrees.  Eventually we must address our own issues.  Whose to say his immature reactions can't be rectified with a little "manning up" like the other players are doing?

No pass issued on being outwardly antagonistic.

Believe as you wish... but I cope with Dyslexia and minor ADD, and still found success.  What someone like Bubba puts himself through is hard to discuss here, not to mention what family and friends of his and mine have come to understand about how our lives are different from theirs.

I'm a club ho, where do I reside in the spectrum?  Or is my condition not a valid disorder until I'm a jerk to those around me when I sense pressure?

I'll wait for the official diagnosis rather than a simple exhibition of brattiness.  Outwardly childish behavior and Adult ADD don't correlate in my copy of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Edited by station2station, 24 June 2013 - 03:41 PM.

driver
3w
913h 19*
mizuno
sm5 x 3
anser 2 k-tr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#281 geesecougar2

geesecougar2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104647
  • Joined: 03/11/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hmmm blaming yourself and venting a bit, or blaming someone else? I think it's obvious which one is more childish.

Maybe if he'd have said, "You're welcome" after dunking it, people would be a bit more sympathetic.

#282 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postpingman1, on 24 June 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

What Bubba did was childish, however, we see childish behavior almost weekly on the PGA tour.  I don't find it near as offensive or dangerous as throwing clubs or kicking his wedge or taking GOD's name in vain or constantly cursing and using the "F" word.  I would bet that Bubba and his caddie have already discussed this and moved on.  We however have beat this horse into submission and keep beating it.

Valid point.  Moving on...
driver
3w
913h 19*
mizuno
sm5 x 3
anser 2 k-tr

#283 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    De oppresso liber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostProf3ssor, on 24 June 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Medical conditions?  He has ADD and so do I.  I would never classify my ADD to someone as a medical condition but that is just my .02

So you don't take meds?  You do know, others do and there's a difference between ADD and ADHD?  I say that because, even though it's not a justification, there is a case for behavior not being up to par under pressure.

Edited by Pepperturbo, 24 June 2013 - 04:17 PM.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x
SC California Monterey

#284 B_of_H

B_of_H

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246729
  • Joined: 04/22/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

some types of ADD cause hyper focus and those with that specific type of condition can actually achieve a higher level of concentration than most.  just sayin'

#285 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1748

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sounds like they have this type of relationship where they are close and can get in each others face or something like that and it is ok while seeming unusual to us.

It would seem that yardage mistakes are a caddies fault but the player has to be the final authority on what club to hit.

Bubbas caddy seems to be saying he told bubba what club to hit with a very strong recommendation and so he takes the blame.

I heard Bones say he gets to "veto" phil once a year.

But I see we have moved onto more important topics...



#286 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    De oppresso liber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostB_of_H, on 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

some types of ADD cause hyper focus and those with that specific type of condition can actually achieve a higher level of concentration than most.  just sayin'

Absolutely correct, add high intelligence quotient, some people can over come what others with similar conditions fail measurably at.  Throw in Dyslexia among some other issues and what sounds simple, is not remotely so, especially under tournament pressures
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x
SC California Monterey

#287 Pat_Irish

Pat_Irish

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45183
  • Joined: 01/06/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Guys Bubba would not be on my list of must watch, But really 10 pages of a difference of opinion between employer and employee ?

As long as golf has been played the caddie has been the kicking ball

http://www.golfcentr...-and-seves.html

#288 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    De oppresso liber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostPat_Irish, on 24 June 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Guys Bubba would not be on my list of must watch, But really 10 pages of a difference of opinion between employer and employee ?

As long as golf has been played the caddie has been the kicking ball

http://www.golfcentr...-and-seves.html

I agree... each has to know their roll.  :lol: For those that need it in simple terms, player and caddie dynamic is NOT equal.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x
SC California Monterey

#289 Mookie91

Mookie91

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47817
  • Joined: 02/02/2008
  • Location:Oswego, NY
  • Ebay ID:golfmookie
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Typical Bubba, don't know why everyone is surprised.  He has always been a tool.  He hits a great shot at Augusta and somehow people forget the crybaby he has been.
Taylormade RBZ 9.5 Aldila Protopype
Taylormade RBZ 12.25 UST V2 85
Titleist 712U
Callaway X Forgd 09/Wilson FG Tour 100
Cleveland 588/Cobra Trusty/Cleveland 900
Odyssey Tank #7

#290 Robert Cottingham

Robert Cottingham

    The more I practice, the luckier I get...

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142077
  • Joined: 10/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Obviously Teddy did enough convincing to talk Bubba out of hitting the 8 iron, a ballsy move since there was water short. People say his caddie fell on the sword, but there was probably a split fault, Ted giving Bubba the 8 iron and Bubba not refusing to hit it. All these people say that he's a ***** and an a**hole, but they've never blown a lead with 3 holes to go in a PGA Tournament. It's a tough thing to swallow as it's happening (Not coming from experience of course), so to anyone who's ever gotten mad after chili-dipping a shot and losing their cool, they really can't say anything. We've gotten mad at people we've played with because of bad golf, whether it's a parent, sibling, or caddie so he's like us, the only differences being he is on the big stage and every mishap is captured on television for millions to watch and criticize. Play a round with cameras following you and see what people would say if they saw the footage. Oh well, it's a tough sport to play and watch, all I really care about is compelling golf. Ken Duke has deserved it in the past, good to see the look on his face when he realized what he had just accomplished!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#291 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 832

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

IBTL on that post.
driver
3w
913h 19*
mizuno
sm5 x 3
anser 2 k-tr

#292 Platapus

Platapus

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9019
  • Joined: 12/23/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Bubba has mental problems. He used to be a hot head before his caddy finally convinced him to try and get it together, but there are still outbursts to this day. It's also worth mentioning when charlie beljan had that panic attack bubba said in an interview he is no stranger to panic attacks himself and takes prescribed medicine for it. Bubba's behavior on and off the course displays some symptoms of schizophrenia.

#293 bunter101

bunter101

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47370
  • Joined: 01/28/2008
  • Location:The Kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think i may get a High Quality H2O T-shirt printed for the Open......

#294 dbogeyguy75

dbogeyguy75

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40181
  • Joined: 09/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I watched the video.  Looks like frustration and maybe some immaturity.  Some of what I have read leads me to believe this might just be "par for the course."  However, I think some of what has been written here is overblown.  Remember, he was playing for a PGA tour win.  Most of us will never know that level of pressure in golf.  It's likely that regular and humble people simply cannot mentally harden themselves.  And, as a master's winner, he obviously has the talent and mentality to win.  Lastly, my personal philosophy is not to hold sports figures in high regard as role models. Perhaps "swing models."  Though, it is more fun to root for people we identify with to win, because it is like winning vicariously through them.

My $0.02.

#295 golfpros1

golfpros1

    So I got that going for me, which is nice.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105178
  • Joined: 03/22/2010
  • Location:Hartford, CT
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm not friends with the man, but I do frequent some places he's been at and I can tell you that he's got the worst case of ADD or whatever that I've seen.  He can't sit still, can't pay attention to anything, and he kind of has the whole man child thing going on.  None the less, he's a nice person, has a great sense of humor, and he has some good friends on tour for a reason.  Unfortunately, he also gets easily frustrated on the golf course, not unlike other players who act out much worse than telling their caddy in a normal toned voice that his clubbing was way off and he should have just stayed home today... boo hoo hoo... maybe they need couples therapy after such harsh words.


#296 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 3868

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Doesn't give him the right to treat his caddy (supposed friend) like that. Other players may act out, but have never seen them take it out on their caddies.
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway X2 Hot 17
Callaway X2 Hot 21
TaylorMade TP MB 3-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 / 58
SC Newport 2 Dual Balance

#297 golfpros1

golfpros1

    So I got that going for me, which is nice.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105178
  • Joined: 03/22/2010
  • Location:Hartford, CT
GolfWRX Likes : 729

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostSean2, on 24 June 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Doesn't give him the right to treat his caddy (supposed friend) like that. Other players may act out, but have never seen them take it out on their caddies.

Other than the old stink eye or firing them after the round, I would agree that most players keep it off the mics... of course, what they say on the course without mics, one can only wonder :swoon:

#298 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 3868

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postgolfpros1, on 24 June 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 24 June 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Doesn't give him the right to treat his caddy (supposed friend) like that. Other players may act out, but have never seen them take it out on their caddies.

Other than the old stink eye or firing them after the round, I would agree that most players keep it off the mics... of course, what they say on the course without mics, one can only wonder :swoon:

True. However, when I managed a large staff I treated everyone with kindness and respect. It was amazing how loyal a staff I had. As a counselor in my second career I applied that "rule" to all the kids. It's "surprising" how well that worked out too. Whether a person was a janitor, secretary, CEO, Superintendent, student, or what have you I did my best to treat everyone with kindness and respect. Yes, there are times when you have to be firm, but in this case Bubba was being a d**k.

At my home course I treat all the staff with kindness and respect...whether they work on the grounds crew, behind the desk, or run the facility. It's really not all that hard to do.
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway X2 Hot 17
Callaway X2 Hot 21
TaylorMade TP MB 3-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 / 58
SC Newport 2 Dual Balance

#299 Bad9

Bad9

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Joined: 09/21/2009
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

View Postjnradioactive, on 24 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Over looking the two doofus announcer comments, nobody knows what actually went down, or what, if anything is happening between Bubba and his caddy.  Threads like this are not only based on ridiculous assumptions, but judgmental.  You all too conveniently overlook the medical conditions Bubba copes with under game pressure too.

Self diagnosed ADHD is a medical condition now?

it was called "ant in the pants" when i was a kid and treated with smack to the back of the head and a stern "Calm Down!!!" which almost always worked...

Thank you. I have a nephew who has a real diagnosed case of ADHD and he is the kindest, most polite person you could ever ask to meet and he is barely out of his teens. Giving Bubba, a grown man in his mid 30's, a pass because someone says he has ADHD for boorish behaviour (and I'm not just referring to this weekend, he has a long history of this behaviour) is insulting to those who have the condition and don't act in any way like this idiot.
Ping G25 10.5/Graman UL440 r flex
Founders Forged Ti 4w//Xcaliber FW
KE4 3h&5h/Xcaliber HY regular flex
i15 5-U/Xcaliber regular flex
Gorge 54&58/Xcaliber regular flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

#300 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 1052

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

No doubt . Do people take any accountability for their actions anymore or just blame the ever growing mental health spectrum lists? Now even obesity is a disease, it's called lack of self control.

Sldr White Elements Chrome
Ping Rapture 3W Fubuki
Titleist 913H 17 Fubuki
Ping I25 4-UW
Callaway Tour Grind 52/58 Wedges
Newport Select 2014

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors