Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Aldila Rip Phenom 55 (TM) vs Rip Phenom 50

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 killerswing

killerswing

Longhitter - still looking for the shortgame !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 227727
  • Handicap:7,6
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hi I am looking to buy the new Taylor Made R1 with stiff shaft.
Should i choose the stock Aldila Rip Phenom 55 shaft ( made for Taylor Made )
or the Aldila Rip Phenom 50 shaft ( upcharge shaft )

Don`t take notice to the price, I have been offered the upcharge shaft to the same price, just want to know if it is better or worse :to_become_senile:

Thanks for your time.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2, PX 6.0 73 g
4 wood : Callaway Raxr fit extreme
Irons : Ping G 25 4-SW, CFS XS
Wedges G25 pw+uw+sw , CFS XS
Putter : Odessey 2 ball
Ping eye 2 XG LW, CFS XS.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 GMR2iron

GMR2iron

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217083
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Absolutely take the 50. I have this shaft, in driver and 4 wood, and it is fantastic. Didn't care for the " made for ".  I feel that the " made for " shafts are built for whatever OEM asks for them, and built to that OEM's specs to fit a broad range of golfers, and then stamped with a popular name in order to sell clubs. Had TWO OEM reps tell me this, as well as several pros. OEM gets a "name" shaft to stick in his club, shaft maker gets a big order to make bunches of them. " Made for " is made for money. Hit 'em side by side on a monitor, you tell me.
TM Jetspeed 10.5* GD Tour AD DJ6
TM RBZ Stage 2 15*
Adams Super LS 17*
TM- Speedblde 3, CB 4-5, MC 6-8, MB 9-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 and 58-04
Yes! Tracy

#3 ARL67

ARL67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56606
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I just received an uncut Phenom 50 Tour X-Stiff ( to go in a 913 D2 7.5 head )
FYI - the Phenom 50 Tour X is 3.8 torque.
The included instructions said no tipping.
But can I assume standard 1/2" tipping for drivers with removable shafts/adapters ?

- Andy

#4 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 783

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Among all the OEM offerings and probably 99% of the aftermarkets, there is no such thing as a good or bad shaft,  only shafts that are a good or bad fit for a particular player.  Try them both and pick the one that fits your swing the best.  Although some might argue to get the 50 just because you can w/o an actual up-charge as it does have a higher resale value.  If you don't like it, you can probably sell it and get a replacement fairly easily.

#5 Hankduffer

Hankduffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253534
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Buddy just got fitted at TM center, 5 HC, 93 mph w/ driver, master fitter recommend Fujikura Blur 004, (blue)stiff for his R1. He loves it.  I have similar swing, tried it, wow - 30 yds+, unbelievable!!!
Phenom 50 appears to have similar specs. Check into Fj Blur shaft, however this is not a normal option shaft.

#6 CallawayKid86

CallawayKid86

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127942
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

I say Phenom 50. I have the RIP Beta 50x which was a tour only shaft before it was rebranded RIP Phenom 50 and it works out well in my Adams head. I tend to prefer actual over made for shafts. Though the Beta has tm graphics, it is not your everyday made for shaft.
Vulcan APH-1 3-PW
Scratch 53*
TM ATV 58*
Macgregor Hoylake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors