Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway Hex Hot vs Hot Pro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 m95op

m95op

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242583
  • Ebay ID:mitch9op
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

After seeing that spin chart that golf digest did, I got some callaway hex hot pro's to play 9. Really liked them, had my longest drive ever, and got better spin around the greens than the bridgestone e6. Seemed like a great $25 ball. But i was wondering,   since the regular hex hot doesn't boast the same spin around the greens, why did they even make it? They seem like the same ball distance wise from the descriptions. Has anybody played them? What did you think?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:14.8
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've tried the Hex Hot in yellow ( thanks to a donation from friend Fourmyle) and found them to play very similar to the TM Superdeep, DT solo, Zip, Duo or any other 2 pc surlyn ball for that matter.  low side spin and not that much greenside feel or spin.  Haven't tried the Hot Pro yet.
Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Tour 65
Ping K15 3w
Exotics Trilogy 20*/26* hybrids
Ping K15 5i-SW
Ping G25 LW
Ping Ketsch

#3 m95op

m95op

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. So one has played the hot pro?

#4 TheHomez

TheHomez

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7085

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm surprised there aren't many replies to this thread. The HX Diablo Tour was a great ball with a big following, looks like not many have bought into the hx hot tour...

#5 suprnva

suprnva

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107255
  • Ebay ID:suprnva2k
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

I tried the Hex Hot Pro this past weekend.  I've been gaming the Q-Star but my local store was sold out of them so I thought I'd try something new, and that something new is gonna stay.  The Hex Hot Pro was just as straight off the tee as the Q-Star, longer off the tee then the Q-Star, spun and held greens better with both irons and wedges then the Q-Star, and felt better off the putter then the Q-Star.  Oh, and I played a full 18 with the same ball and it doesn't have a mark on it.  Yeah, the Q-Star is out and the Hex Hot Pro is in for me.

#6 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:14.8
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postsuprnva, on 22 May 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I tried the Hex Hot Pro this past weekend.  I've been gaming the Q-Star but my local store was sold out of them so I thought I'd try something new, and that something new is gonna stay.  The Hex Hot Pro was just as straight off the tee as the Q-Star, longer off the tee then the Q-Star, spun and held greens better with both irons and wedges then the Q-Star, and felt better off the putter then the Q-Star.  Oh, and I played a full 18 with the same ball and it doesn't have a mark on it.  Yeah, the Q-Star is out and the Hex Hot Pro is in for me.

Very nice.  I loved the Hex Hot off the driver but greenside stuff just rolled out to much.  Love the yellow on the Hot.  Wish the Pro came in yellow.
Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Tour 65
Ping K15 3w
Exotics Trilogy 20*/26* hybrids
Ping K15 5i-SW
Ping G25 LW
Ping Ketsch

#7 m95op

m95op

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postsuprnva, on 22 May 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Glad to see you liked it as well! I did notice how durable it was a** well, I have gone very long stretches without my wedges putting the slightest mark on these. But with the Hex Chrome+ on sale a DSG right now, i might have to snatch up a couple dozen of those... hmmm

But anyway, any others have experience with this new Hex hot pro?

#8 Krusty2

Krusty2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14563
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

FWIW, I'm a fan of the Diablo Tour. I tried the Hex Hot Pro (ugh, I hate that name) and found it performed pretty much identically with maybe a touch more greenside spin. However, I really didn't like the feel-- much firmer than the Diablo Tour.

Sorry, haven't tried the Hex Hot so can't comment on that.

#9 m95op

m95op

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostKrusty2, on 24 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

FWIW, I'm a fan of the Diablo Tour. I tried the Hex Hot Pro (ugh, I hate that name) and found it performed pretty much identically with maybe a touch more greenside spin. However, I really didn't like the feel-- much firmer than the Diablo Tour.

Sorry, haven't tried the Hex Hot so can't comment on that.

Played it again today, I agree with you that it may be too firm. Still not a bad ball though. Im looking to play them a couple more times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors