Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

krank formula 5

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

just read about this driver on the krank site. looks crazy! anyone have any info?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Lucky_Craft

Lucky_Craft

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135683
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

It's awesome.  My brother has one.   I hit it a bit, its hot.

#3 thomasnevue

thomasnevue

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216263
  • Ebay ID:openroadimports
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

its sick...spend 2 hours on the driving range...hit 80% of the balls over the 250 yard fence...which is 25 feet high at least....things awsome just a bit hard to keep straight until i get fitted for a shaft.

#4 yumanike

yumanike

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148205
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

If you could tell me how terrible this driver is and how you can't hit it out of your shadow that would really help my bank account. Do you know if Krank lofts are typically what they say they are (e.g. is a 9* pretty close to 9*)?

If they could just send one of each loft in this head to some golf stores, I think it would go a long way to promoting them. Just being able to hit it would help a lot!

#5 Jasonfish_02

Jasonfish_02

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208059
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Go to kranks website and give them a call. You will most likely either speak to Lance or Vinny. They will set you in the right direction as far as loft goes and should be able to hand pick one for you

#6 davidmacq

davidmacq

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257488
  • Ebay ID:davidmacq
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Think their record lately in long drive speaks for itself. You can get a deal on previous model head, to a degree. Though they resell higher than a lot of long drive heads...they still sell below some TM heads and clubs.

#7 VinceRKG

VinceRKG

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20476

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

You can get them in any loft you want, just ask.

#8 Froth

Froth

Wilson irons > Other irons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262064
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 596

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I was able to hit a firends 6.5 Degree 50" a few days ago, with a X-Stiff tipped .75" and 5grams of tip weight.   It's neat and boy does it put the ball out ther but it feels terrible in my hands.  Like hitting a cold 110 compression of the first tee without stretching.  This could be down to the shaft as I really don't care for what was in it but he LD's and insist's on 50" and this particualr shaft was nothing for me(Accuflex Vizion Ultralite 50").  He could kill it though, so more power to him.

That being said, Carrying it 300+ if you swing over 130mph isn't terribly difficult with good striking, mess with tee height.  with a slight headwind I was putting them 10-15yrds over the 300 tarp but the shaft put the ball too high for me even with a 6.5 degree face!!!  I would cut it down to 48" for my use, and would need a high kick point.

Edit: Good club for LD, wouldn't even consider putting it in play for 18.  Not much can pry my hands off my 975J.

Edited by Froth, 06 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

SLDR 460 8.5 / TEE XCG6 16.5
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / DG S400
Cally Jaws CC SW 55 / LW 60
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

#9 VinceRKG

VinceRKG

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20476

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Froth, good feedback...but why come back and edit it saying its good for LD but not for Golf when you stated it was the shaft you didnt like? Were you able to try it out in a Playing setup? Or basing off a LD setup and comparing that to of  a golf Setup?

I am sure once you try things with time used on range or course, you will see what can pry that J out of your hands....

#10 Froth

Froth

Wilson irons > Other irons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262064
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 596

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

If I put the shaft from my 975J in there I'd probably love the Krank as far as ball flight and distance were concerned however the feel isn't there for me, and the lack of a grooved face really threw me off, I haven't hit a grooveless driver in a long time.  Workability wasn't really there, at all... Spin is too low I assume which could also trace back to that shaft.  Any other thin face/high COR driver I tend to cave in after a month or two, the 975J has a nice thick face and has held up to thousands of 120+mph drives which Is why I tried the Krank, i've heard it's pretty near impossible to cave one in.  Didn't try it on the course, honestly I really wouldn't want to...I'd use it for LD though if I still competed, screw how it feels it REALLY puts the ball out there!

I'm a feel golfer, if it doesn't feel right it doesn't go near the bag.  I wouldn't even have to hit it to know that, None of these 460cc heads feel good to me other than the 907D2 but I caved one in around 2008, I did order another one to fool around with(7.5 degree).  Honestly I love the 983K, I really really love it...But the J keeps working, so it stays.  If I ever crack the J(not likely) or put a sky mark on it(it's been so many years without a mark on the crown!!!) I'll likely retire it, I cannot stand to look at a sky mark at address, Makes me sick.  You should have seen the ordeal I went through when I switched from the 975D to the 975J, I made myself crazy!  I think I carried two drivers for 3 months!

Edited by Froth, 09 July 2013 - 04:06 PM.

SLDR 460 8.5 / TEE XCG6 16.5
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / DG S400
Cally Jaws CC SW 55 / LW 60
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 davidmacq

davidmacq

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257488
  • Ebay ID:davidmacq
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

I'd like to hit the formula 5...but I have a rage and don't like the way it feels, and I hit it all over the place. Maybe it's the shaft length...but the rage has a loud hollow ping kinda sound and not much feel. Would love it if I was Kranking them out there though. Would prefer if they loaded the head with foam or something? Loved the feel and sound of SMT nemesis.

#12 tcafla

tcafla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51998
  • Ebay ID:tcafla
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I have a Formula 5 12* with a Rombax type X for sale. If interested contact me at tcafla@msn.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors