Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Price drops on PING i20 line...


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mdb0103

mdb0103

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97352
  • Joined: 10/26/2009
  • Location:T-O-L
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Saw the prices are starting to be cut... Is this the hint the i25s are around the corner?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2179

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just got an email from GG on i20 price drops.
King LTD Pro 8* UST Elements Chrome 6f4
915f 3+ UST Elements Chrome 7f4
M2 18* Hzrdus Black 75s
Apex CF16 5-AW PX 5.5
SM5 54 F Grind DG s400
SM5 58 K grind DG s400

SM5 62 S grind DG s400
SeeMore Si3 / Pro V1x

2

#3 theothertomjones

theothertomjones

    Village Newbie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199494
  • Joined: 08/22/2012
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

It is likely but I would think the Ansers would drop before the i20's.

Not sure if they are releasing an entire i25 line, or just the irons. Ive had my irons for about 10 months now... feel kinda "awkward" that a new line is about to launch and I havent even gamed them for a year yet.

3

#4 TJCDAS

TJCDAS

    I was cured, all right!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77417
  • Joined: 03/14/2009
  • Location:Frostbite Falls, MN
  • Handicap:Me
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

This happens when you buy a club one year after release when the clubs get a two year life cycle.  If you played TM you would really be upset.

4

#5 Noyes26

Noyes26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136297
  • Joined: 08/13/2011
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Ball26
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

It is likely but I would think the Ansers would drop before the i20's.

Not sure if they are releasing an entire i25 line, or just the irons. Ive had my irons for about 10 months now... feel kinda "awkward" that a new line is about to launch and I havent even gamed them for a year yet.

He's saying they have dropped. Drivers dropped to $199, Woods dropped to $149, Hybrids dropped to $129 and irons with steel shafts dropped to $615.

Titleist 915D3 9.5 AD DI 6x
Titleist 915F 16.5 Rogue Black X
Titleist 915HD 20.5 AD DI 85x
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW KBS
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 6
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 60
WITB Link

5

#6 theothertomjones

theothertomjones

    Village Newbie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199494
  • Joined: 08/22/2012
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostNoyes26, on 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

It is likely but I would think the Ansers would drop before the i20's.

Not sure if they are releasing an entire i25 line, or just the irons. Ive had my irons for about 10 months now... feel kinda "awkward" that a new line is about to launch and I havent even gamed them for a year yet.

He's saying they have dropped. Drivers dropped to $199, Woods dropped to $149, Hybrids dropped to $129 and irons with steel shafts dropped to $615.

The Ansers have already dropped in price?

6

#7 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2179

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

View PostNoyes26, on 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

It is likely but I would think the Ansers would drop before the i20's.

Not sure if they are releasing an entire i25 line, or just the irons. Ive had my irons for about 10 months now... feel kinda "awkward" that a new line is about to launch and I havent even gamed them for a year yet.

He's saying they have dropped. Drivers dropped to $199, Woods dropped to $149, Hybrids dropped to $129 and irons with steel shafts dropped to $615.

The Ansers have already dropped in price?

Not that I have seen.  Only the i20.
King LTD Pro 8* UST Elements Chrome 6f4
915f 3+ UST Elements Chrome 7f4
M2 18* Hzrdus Black 75s
Apex CF16 5-AW PX 5.5
SM5 54 F Grind DG s400
SM5 58 K grind DG s400

SM5 62 S grind DG s400
SeeMore Si3 / Pro V1x

7

#8 theothertomjones

theothertomjones

    Village Newbie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199494
  • Joined: 08/22/2012
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostLord Helmet, on 01 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

View PostNoyes26, on 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

View Posttheothertomjones, on 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

It is likely but I would think the Ansers would drop before the i20's.

Not sure if they are releasing an entire i25 line, or just the irons. Ive had my irons for about 10 months now... feel kinda "awkward" that a new line is about to launch and I havent even gamed them for a year yet.

He's saying they have dropped. Drivers dropped to $199, Woods dropped to $149, Hybrids dropped to $129 and irons with steel shafts dropped to $615.

The Ansers have already dropped in price?

Not that I have seen.  Only the i20.

Thats what I was saying. I would have expected the Ansers to drop in price before the i20's. I already knew the i20's dropped. I was expressing my surprise.

8

#9 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2179

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Sorry - nobody will mistake me for being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
King LTD Pro 8* UST Elements Chrome 6f4
915f 3+ UST Elements Chrome 7f4
M2 18* Hzrdus Black 75s
Apex CF16 5-AW PX 5.5
SM5 54 F Grind DG s400
SM5 58 K grind DG s400

SM5 62 S grind DG s400
SeeMore Si3 / Pro V1x

9

#10 Noyes26

Noyes26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136297
  • Joined: 08/13/2011
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Ball26
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

my bad sounded like you were saying "I think the ansers will drop before the I20 series"

Titleist 915D3 9.5 AD DI 6x
Titleist 915F 16.5 Rogue Black X
Titleist 915HD 20.5 AD DI 85x
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW KBS
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 6
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 60
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 theothertomjones

theothertomjones

    Village Newbie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199494
  • Joined: 08/22/2012
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Meh, it happens.

11

#12 mvolps22

mvolps22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79375
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
  • Ebay ID:mvolps22
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

two weeks ago I bought used i20's 3 - U with DGS300 shafts for $590.  Can you really get them new now for $615?  The shop has a 30 day playability guarantee, no questions asked although you only get store credit.  Should I go back and ask for a steeper discount on the used irons?  Other suggestions?

12

#13 jj9000

jj9000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99079
  • Joined: 11/23/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postmvolps22, on 02 May 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

two weeks ago I bought used i20's 3 - U with DGS300 shafts for $590.  Can you really get them new now for $615?  The shop has a 30 day playability guarantee, no questions asked although you only get store credit.  Should I go back and ask for a steeper discount on the used irons?  Other suggestions?

I'd keep the clubs you already have.

If I remember correctly the 'custom' upgrade from CFS to Dynamic Gold is $10 per club.

13

#14 Noyes26

Noyes26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136297
  • Joined: 08/13/2011
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Ball26
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yea man you did good. $615 is 4-pw with stock shafts. If you custom ordered your set brand new you would be looking at $877.50. If you ever have any question on what this or that would cost you with a custom order I got to TGW.com and use their online custom form. It tells you what exactly you are paying for with options such as grip, shafts, everything. Pretty cool.

Edited by Noyes26, 02 May 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Titleist 915D3 9.5 AD DI 6x
Titleist 915F 16.5 Rogue Black X
Titleist 915HD 20.5 AD DI 85x
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW KBS
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 6
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 60
WITB Link

14



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors