Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

A journey to Making Golf Fun

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
824 replies to this topic

#1 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

I accomplished my goal..under plane. Now I need a drink

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199106
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hey everyone,  turned the boat around again in my journey to getting better.  Please,  and I know I will get an email here or there saying " why did you leave!"  Or just WTF.  No hard feelings,  but you have all helped me along the way....so thank you.  But what I saw and read..Dan " iteach" Carraher.has it going on.  What a great easy to follow video review I got..I can do this

Thanks so much Dan for keeping it nice and simple. And not using the P's

Here goes the journey

CP

Edited by Chris Peterich, 14 June 2013 - 02:08 AM.

Everyone has a nice list of clubs,,I
I play old crappy clubs...just honest

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Lesson 1

Before this I went to the range for 4 hrs...just doing my same old same old...

Came back,,and have a new game plan.. Will work this to death next month,,

CP

( barn practice here i come)

Edited by Chris Peterich, 28 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#3 Hstead

Hstead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
GolfWRX Likes : 666

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

I think you are going to see some big improvements pretty quick as soon as you get the setup change, which will be a piece of cake, and the right arm wide, which is going to change a bunch of other stuff as results, and you are going to see some really nice ball flights.  You are well on your way and not very far from the finish line IMHO.  A lot of good stuff in your swing that Dan is going to bring out.
Ping i25 9.5 PWR 65 Tour X
Adams DHy 18* White Tie X
Ping i20 3-UW Nippon SP Blue X
TM Tour Preferred 54 - Vokey TVD K 58
Titleist Lightweight, Tour 330B, Ecco
Byron DH89, or Edel or Low Tide Fin

#4 SafariThomas

SafariThomas

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101924
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Am gonna bite the bullet too and jump in..how do I contact Dan?  

off topic: what happened to knowing who is on the thread when  "at the bottom of the thread"? have I been off the boards that long?

#5 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Go to golf channel..swing fix..    For a vid like Dan gave me..I would've given him $ 500 to $1k. no questions ( and I'm not joking) .. Only cost me a few pennies,  and I still have 3 more.

Off to work on this..in no hurry, relaxed and focused..all the time in the world really. If I can understand Dan in the 1 st viewing..it is a huge win in my book.  No confusion here at all

Thanks again Dan

CP

#6 scojo

scojo

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51466
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

I took the plunge and sent a video into Dan as well.  I sent it in on Friday and he got my swing lesson back to me on Saturday.  I can't believe how fast he got back to me.  I went out Saturday afternoon and worked on what he told me and saw results right of the bat.  I just may have to bite the bullet and book a trip to Florida.

#7 CSagan

CSagan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128909
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostSafariThomas, on 28 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Am gonna bite the bullet too and jump in..how do I contact Dan?  

off topic: what happened to knowing who is on the thread when  "at the bottom of the thread"? have I been off the boards that long?

www.swingfix.golf...re/dan-carraher

or PM him on here at "iteachgolf".

They took away the "who is browsing this thread" feature the last update they did...said it was using too much stuff and slowing the site down or something.

#8 seminolewind

seminolewind

• 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83861
  • Ebay ID:jmorrell2012
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for posting this. I really like Dans teaching style going to take a few online lessons myself.
910 D2 Tour AD DI 6x
910 F Tour AD DI 8x
910 H Tour AD DI 85x
Mizuno MP59/69 4-PW
Vokey SM4 52*, 56*, 60*
Bettinardi BB32 Counter Balance

#9 SafariThomas

SafariThomas

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101924
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Cant thank you enough CSagan :hi:

#10 HitBall

HitBall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169981
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for posting this. I look forward to the next lesson to see how it progresses and what Dan says.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Lefty Light HItter

Lefty Light HItter

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106819
  • Handicap:6.2
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

There for a while I thought you were positioning yourself for a late night infomercial on the Golf Channel selling the merits of "suspended animation", "shaft twirling", and "sole slam"...  Congrats on your happiness.  As someone who spent a lifetime of changing a batting stance every 4-5 at bats I can attest that sometimes it is best to continue to work on and believe in a certain idea even if it is wrong.  I hope you find some core components to believe in and work on for a long time.  In my opinion (again, I threw away at bats in my mind and trying "new" stuff in game situations" you cannot have a repeatable swing if your approach and the things you are not working on are not consistent you'll never be consistent.  Good luck!

Edited by Lefty Light HItter, 29 April 2013 - 07:52 AM.

R1 Kiyoshi Purple 65
V Steel Kiyoshi Gold 75
Adams Super 19 Fubuki
Miz MX200's 4-GW KBS Tour
X Forged 54, 58 DG Spinners
Scotty Squareback

#12 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119650
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostChris Peterich, on 28 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Go to golf channel..swing fix.. For a vid like Dan gave me..I would've given him $ 500 to $1k. no questions ( and I'm not joking) .. Only cost me a few pennies,  and I still have 3 more.

Off to work on this..in no hurry, relaxed and focused..all the time in the world really. If I can understand Dan in the 1 st viewing..it is a huge win in my book.  No confusion here at all

Thanks again Dan

CP

Whilst I think it's brilliant that you have this 'fire in your belly' I don't understand your enthusiasm for this, there's nothing there than Dan doesn't normally post in every thread on the forum (or when his swings are discussed) - all you would have to have done was read some of it.

Still - glad that you're finally in a good place..... what you doin' reading this? GET BACK TO THE RANGE! ;)

#13 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72309
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well ever since you started that "twirling" thread a couple of months ago I've been killing the ball and I haven't lost any accuracy.  At this point I don't want to mess with my swing but I'm glad iTeach is available for at least a video lesson.  At some point it would be neat to get a lesson from him.

#14 MizunoJunky

MizunoJunky

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110089
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Is this available on the Golf Channel Swing Academy app?

#15 nikuk

nikuk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203215
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostHappyGolf, on 29 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Go to golf channel..swing fix.. For a vid like Dan gave me..I would've given him $ 500 to $1k. no questions ( and I'm not joking) .. Only cost me a few pennies,  and I still have 3 more.

Thanks again Dan

CP

Whilst I think it's brilliant that you have this 'fire in your belly' I don't understand your enthusiasm for this, there's nothing there than Dan doesn't normally post in every thread on the forum (or when his swings are discussed) - all you would have to have done was read some of it.

Still - glad that you're finally in a good place..... what you doin' reading this? GET BACK TO THE RANGE! ;)
I think that quite a few people around this site as a whole could use a little support from the members, even as just a tip jar / thank you. There is literally thousands of dollars of man hours offered up for free any given week here. Not just iteach, nor in just this subforum either.

#16 Hstead

Hstead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostHappyGolf, on 29 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Thanks again Dan

CP

I have to give the OP props though for going the route he is going.  If you read all of Dan's stuff, you could wind up really screwing yourself in the ground.  Dan doesn't teach a method, so different folks are going to get different advice.  I can't recall which thread it was on now, but there was a player that had gone to Dan and basically was working on almost the complete opposite things that Dan changed in my swing.  We had total polar opposite problems so we got totally opposite info.  One of the biggest changes the OP is going to make is in the setup, and Dan would never be able to give him that advice without seeing his setup.  I think that is one reason it is so difficult to "do it yourself" for me anyway.  Look at all of the SF guys that have tried to read the ET, try to get the grip right, try to get the setup right, etc before they get to TX and how many or them actually have it right?  I now I tried and I was close, but close only works in horse shoes and hand grenades.  Geoff had to fix both.  Not to mention how bad I had the "straight right arm" screwed up trying to do it myself.  I sent Dan a video before I went down and we both just laughed at that feeble attempt.

Edited by Hstead, 29 April 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#17 grizztrax

grizztrax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210787
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Totally agree Hstead.  Nice to see people signing up for the lessons on swingfix.  For as much free help that Dan dishes out on this site, it's nice to see a little business go his way.  It would be nice if we could all do this on our own, and maybe some people can but for most the quickest route to improvement is a lesson.  Whether from Dan or Monte or Jim or whoever, there are cheap options to have them analyze your swing on video.  Trying to sort through everything and pick out the right pieces for your swing could sent you down a long and winding road, when these guys can at least get you pointed in the right direction for improvement.  I'm playing my second round today since my lesson with Dan, and I am so excited to play!  Golf is getting a lot more fun!

#18 markponi

markponi

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70538
  • Ebay ID:markponi
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

That is gold.

#19 HitBall

HitBall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is this wide on the backswing, narrow on the downswing good for everyone as a general checkpoint? If you play the ball forward in your stance and use this swing thought/sequence can you still come in too steep?

Edited by HitBall, 30 April 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#20 ryanandrew_golf

ryanandrew_golf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181802

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostHitBall, on 30 April 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Is this wide on the backswing, narrow on the downswing good for everyone as a general checkpoint? If you play the ball forward in your stance and use this swing thought/sequence can you still come in too steep?

He didn't say to have a wide backswing and narrow downswing. He said Chris' downswing would become narrower (he means more right wrist bend/shaft lean at impact) as a RESULT of the wider backswing. This refers to Chris's specific issue of a narrow backswing and then resulting downswing throw away... So... Narrow downswing isn't the intention. Just will be a result for Chris.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Haven't hit any balls this week...just shadow swinging this.  I usually do that when I try and tackle a new idea,  makes actually going thru the process easier for me.  Just have to say,  the new address position and wide backswing feels so long and powerful.  I feel like I have so much time now to actually decide what I want to do during the transition.. I could literally put 3 of my swings from the past into one of the swings I'm making now,...that is how much time I have.  Backswing feels like it stops at shoulder height...I feel left arm below right arm backswing. The face of the club feels like it faces the ball for an eternity. The new lower address feel prevents me from dumping to early.  The old stiff leg address forced me to dump steep..no way I could get to the ball..but to dump steep...this way lets you dump it way later in the transition,,

Very very easy changes..will head to the range tonight for the first time.  I'm sure the results will be very acceptable,, Good stuff here,  I would've never ever thought to make these changes on my own,,

Cp

Edited by Chris Peterich, 01 May 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#22 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Ok 1 st range day using what info that I was given to change...more of a bend at address..butt back by heels..and bend at the knees.   And a wider backswing,.,feel as if the right arm is far away from my body on backswing not close.  For first full range session..not too bad.  Some fats and pulls,  but I like how I feel so much lower into the ball.  Again my first ball striking day..not too bad..I like it

#23 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

image.jpg
Today vs before

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not bad..1st time out

Cp

Setup looks way betterimage.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by Chris Peterich, 01 May 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#24 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I know I need a hair cut...kinda look like this guy :)

image.jpg

#25 bighacka

bighacka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76506

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Chris -- looks great!   I actually have a very similar issue with my swing: flat shoulder plane which leads to all sorts of compensation on the downswing.  I watched and practiced some of the points given to you on your video lesson with Dan with considerable success.   I really like how he kept things simple and manageable.    Will definitely give him a ring to set up some paid lessons.  Will see if I can make it down to FL before it gets crazy hot -- if not, will try the online lessons.

#26 Hstead

Hstead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Good start, way to go.

#27 HitBall

HitBall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

Chris, I really got to thank you for posting this. From this thread/video I have learned A. Don't pin my left arm against my chest and now I can really tell when I'm doing it B. Right arm is supposed to collapse naturally of course but not too soon/too much C. Must have tilted shoulder plane, cannot be flat.

Thanks Chris, your swing is looking good.

Edited by HitBall, 02 May 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#28 dairic

dairic

Tour Winner

• 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132074
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostChris Peterich, on 01 May 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Ok 1 st range day using what info that I was given to change...more of a bend at address..butt back by heels..and bend at the knees.   And a wider backswing,.,feel as if the right arm is far away from my body on backswing not close.  For first full range session..not too bad.  Some fats and pulls,  but I like how I feel so much lower into the ball.  Again my first ball striking day..not too bad..I like it

For some reason you remind me of SEVAM1 in this vid :)

Nice swing btw

#29 Shearman1483

Shearman1483

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

You know the thing I really like about these online lessons vs an online program..  I feel no pressure or no hurry now,  I can work at this at my own pace.  Again,  not knocking an online golf program..but I would always feel rushed.  If you didnt login every single day,  I would always have the feeling that I'm going to miss something that will help me.  Now,  you get a nice starter video,,,work at it..and work at it...than when your ready do the next lesson.  I think I'm going to make some nice progress this way,  I can repeat it and repeat it and groove what needs to be grooved.  Yes seeing Dan would be the best choice,  but as of now..this is a great alternative.  I have no reason to ask Dan or others every 5 mins what about this..what about that.. It was all here for me.   Thanks to Hstead and others for leading me here,  and thanks to Dan for putting a nice simple video together that after a few balls I was already noticing some nice changes and feels

Seeing way more positives right now..extremely happy.  I will honestly sign up for 30 or 40 lessons

Cp

Edited by Chris Peterich, 02 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#30 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Porked!

• 15,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 1312

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

How's it going so far Herr Peterich?

you think you might actually go and see him at one point?  If anything just to give him a big hug for all the help?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19*, 22* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 25*, 29*
Wishon 6-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors