Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike one-rzn review

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 titleist fan 1

titleist fan 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207693
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi, I'm 15 playing off 13 and I play/practice everyday, this is my first review on golf wrx so I apologise if this isn't to the best standard and I will do the full the review as soon as possible, as I can't get out to the course at the moment because my area of the UK I covered in snow so all the courses are closed, I have been to the range everyday since the snow came down wednesday week and that will continue, so I shouldn't be rusty when the review comes, I picked up these at my local range as they were on a Easter weekend sale and my coach is sponsored by Nike golf, so he said that when the course opens the greens will be soaking wet and for now he is even using this ball and having only played one round with it it he really likes It.
Anyway I have been doing some chipping and putting around the house compared to my usual penta tp5 and the results are as followed.
Chipping (vokey sm4 60* with dynamic gold spinner wedge +shaft) -
One rzn - soft feel but clicky loudish sound with a predictable amount of runout.
Penta tp5 - soft feel and quiet sound with low runout a fair bit of grab.      Please note carpet isn't great for telling spin.
Putting (rife Barbados) -
One rzn - soft feel with loudish sound and non urethane distance control
Penta tp5 - soft feel with quiet sound and A1 distance control.
Ok I know that isn't great but I will ASAP when I can get to the course.
Thanks TF1

Edited by titleist fan 1, 24 December 2013 - 04:46 PM.

VRS Covert 10.2 A Proforce V2 5 S
RBZ Tour 13.1 A AXIVCore blue 59 S
FT optiforce 17.4 A AXIVCore blue 59 S
MP H4 3 & 63 4-PW DG S300 TI
Vokey SM4 54/8 & 59/4 DG Spinner
Method Mod 35"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 titleist fan 1

titleist fan 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Btw when I get to review these do you you want me to do a single review or vs the tp5.
Method Mod 35"

#3 titleist fan 1

titleist fan 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I will do a single review on these golf balls tommorow I got out today and shot a 71 (par 71) so I played pretty decent out at another golf course tommorow and will do the review then I played my usual tp5 today and have put the rzn's in my bag now so I can do my review then I play everyday and have either played or practiced on the range everyday single day this year including our clubs par 3 new years day comp.
Method Mod 35"

#4 trapp20

trapp20

Rad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193680
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I played a dozen of the (x). I love the red numbers, but the cover just kills it and the sound is like a wet rock. It feels like a new range ball, not quite beat up because it's still shiny, but still feels "dense". It doesn't have the soft feeling compression of a Pro V1/(x) or the distance and softness of the TP5.

At the moment I'm playing TP3's when I'm not playing TP5's (still winter rules around here) and for the money, the TP3 is the best ball for "me" in this weather. Playing in a warmer climate I'd play TP5's first, ProV1(x) second. Considering the deals out there at GS/GG ($29 for TP5's, $25 for TP3's, $29 for 2012 20XI's, and $29 for Pro V1/(x) Practice) - it makes no damn sense to play the RZN and you'll clearly see why after a round.

#5 titleist fan 1

titleist fan 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Posttrapp20, on 09 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I played a dozen of the (x). I love the red numbers, but the cover just kills it and the sound is like a wet rock. It feels like a new range ball, not quite beat up because it's still shiny, but still feels "dense". It doesn't have the soft feeling compression of a Pro V1/(x) or the distance and softness of the TP5.

At the moment I'm playing TP3's when I'm not playing TP5's (still winter rules around here) and for the money, the TP3 is the best ball for "me" in this weather. Playing in a warmer climate I'd play TP5's first, ProV1(x) second. Considering the deals out there at GS/GG ($29 for TP5's, $25 for TP3's, $29 for 2012 20XI's, and $29 for Pro V1/(x) Practice) - it makes no damn sense to play the RZN and you'll clearly see why after a round.
I know i havent acutally done the review because it's a dead flight low spin and clicky feel thats all i can say.

Method Mod 35"

#6 hoosiervolunteer

hoosiervolunteer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7380
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Posttrapp20, on 09 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

This is really disappointing.  I had high hopes for the One RZN line!

#7 archer32

archer32

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23189
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I have been testing the X for a few weeks now.  It is a nice ball.  Solid, stable flight, easy to work, long and good around the greens. Almost indistinguishable from the Bridgestone e5.

#8 archer32

archer32

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23189
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

I will add, they have a "heavy hit" to them.  I don't know how to describe it but I like it.  It is not a hard feel by any means, just a heavy, very solid feel.  

Similar to a Wilson Staff Duo feel with a little more "pop".  Also has a lower trajectory then most balls I have played which is a benefit to me.  I tend to flight the ball high anyway.

#9 trapp20

trapp20

Rad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193680
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I feel like such a chump guys. Maybe this has happened to you before.

I forgot to bring my TP3's out a few days ago and all I had in my bag was a used RZN X. I shot a 40 through 9, and actually triple bogeyed the last hole - to give you an idea of how well I was shooting. A typical score for me is 42, and I was on pace for a 38! I can't hate the ball anymore. I don't like the sound (which as most of us know contributes to "feel") but I can't deny that I hit it well, chipped it well and definitely putted it well for 8 straight holes on a very hard back 9.

I found this ball booms off of drivers and 3 woods and that's part of what saved me on a par 5 and put me on a par 4 green in 1 (first time ever). I won't rave about the balls, but I shouldn't have trashed them as much as I did because the balls perform well for their price point and much like a poster above said, are on par with an E5. I won't keep any new ones in the bag, and will go back to TP5's, but for those that are interested in the RZN, give it a shot - it might work for you.

Anyway, just wanted to update.

#10 300 yards & risin'

300 yards & risin'

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245505
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've really wanted to give this ball a shot for my non-urethane ball.  Sounds like I need to check them out.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136928
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

I just bought the Nike trial pack and will be trying out the One RZNs and the new 20XIs this Thursday.

I've heard different things about the One RZNs. Some people say they are very clicky, loud, and have a heavy feeling. Others say it feels too soft off the tee, as in a deflating feeling of no "boom" at all.

The reason I'm trying these is because I'm looking for more spin around the greens. Not sure if the One RZNs will give me enough but I will find out soon...

#12 dstnlandry

dstnlandry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207167
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Just switched to the rzn one, my new go to ball. Im not much for feel, probaly bc I play sgi clubs that have no feel, but the ball seems to be easily stopped I n the greens and very playable.

#13 kchuckb

kchuckb

kchuckb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73159
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

I found an RZN X this morning and played it for a few holes. I found it be be quite nice feeling and quite long. I hit my G25 4 wood into a long par 3 into the wind and this ball came down and stuck about 8 feet from the pin. I'm a Bridgestone 330-s guy but I might give the Nike a go for a change up.
Ping G30 10.5
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G25 20 hybrid
Ping G20 4 iron, Ping G15 5-SW
Ping Karsten TR B60
Ping Gorge 58 WS

#14 kchuckb

kchuckb

kchuckb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73159
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Seems like a real nice ball for $30 a dozen.
Ping G30 10.5
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G25 20 hybrid
Ping G20 4 iron, Ping G15 5-SW
Ping Karsten TR B60
Ping Gorge 58 WS

#15 booglez

booglez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127286
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I tried the One RZN x, and didn't like the feel off the putter. I'm going to try the regular rzn this week, will report back.

#16 maskedman

maskedman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23404
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

I like the One RZN X. Distance is really good and it is OK off irons and putter, with enough spin for an average golfer's game. It won't replace my primary ball (Srixon Z-Star XV) but it is fine for a backup. It is at least as good, if not better, than other 3-piece ionomer balls in this category and price. I actually prefer the One RZN series to this year's 20Xi series.

UPDATE
I've had a few more weeks to test out the One RZN X and the One RZN and I think these are both very good balls. Both driver and iron distance (and distance control) are very good. Side by side with the SrixXV, the One RZNs fly farther off the driver with a very similar trajectory. Approach shots don't bite like the XV, but they stop good enough for my game. The non-X does provide a bit better greenside control. If I had to pick between the two One's, I'd take the regular (non-X) RZN. These balls are a vibrant white color, and they stay that way. They are also very durable, lasting >18. With the One RZN and the Srixon XV, I am set for the season.

Edited by maskedman, 01 June 2013 - 10:14 AM.

TaylormadeSLDR_Speeder57
TaylormadeSLDR_H_21_Speeder82
TaylormadeSLDR_H_24_Speeder82
PING_i25_5-S_Nippon950GH
ProV1_2013 / Nike RZN Platinum
CameronSelect

#17 Air Jordan

Air Jordan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164641
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:prelude511
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hmmm just bought a dozen of these today to try them out. Kind of regretting that after reading these reviews. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors