Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

RocketBallz vs. RocketBladez....What's Your Pick and Why??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nalajr

Nalajr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107463
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hey all,

I've hit a DEMO 5 iron RocketBallz and thought it was a nice iron, I wouldn't mind hitting a whole set.  I have looked at the RocketBladez irons several times and like the looks of them.  I think they look better than the 'Ballz irons.  I'd like to know which one of these irons are better and give the most help to those of us that really need it.  Is there anyone that has owned both or has had a lot ot time with both of them?  Which one do you prefer and why?

Also does the MAX version of each really give any added help on off center hits or shots that are hit thin or fat?  I am of the opinion that how a club LOOKS to YOUR EYE is also an important feature and can give you just that little extra bit of confidence to make the difference over a club that might have more "help" built into the design but doesn't LOOK as good to YOU when you are standing over it on the tee.  I hope I explained that right and you all are understanding what I am trying to get across.
I think the RocketBladez TOUR irons also look very good as well.  Any thoughts on those compared to the plain old RocketBladez irons?

Any comments you want to add about them, any of them, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nalajr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 scratch72

scratch72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5131
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

wow no response thats not a good sign

#3 Nalajr

Nalajr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

no doubt.

I guess no one owns or has hit any of these irons or maybe they just don't want to answer any questions about them.

Nalajr

#4 UGABMC398

UGABMC398

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211121
  • Ebay ID:bryan770
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'll answer....i'm a straight hacker (24+ cap) and I love the RBZ Irons.  I don't think its a straight up comparison to compare the two.  The RBZ Irons are GI and the Bladez are pushing the limit of GI into players irons IMO, especially the tours.  I don't like the Bladez because I don't hit them as high as the RBZ irons, nor do I hit them as consistently.  If you are a mid to low capper, you will most likely enjoy the Bladez more.  If you are a high capper and need help getting the ball in the air the RBZ irons can truly be game changing.

My point though is, if you look at them objectively they really aren't similar offerings outside of name.

#5 scratch72

scratch72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Im still worried. At one time a rocketballs, blade topic would get a 100 replys in no time. Now 1 hit.

Edited by scratch72 , 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#6 Nalajr

Nalajr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm with ya Scratch72.  I don't understand it either.  I thought I'd get LOTS of info and comparisons.  Then again I have posted things before on here and other forums that I thought I would get plenty of info on and the same thing happened.  I guess it is what it is.  I'll have to go lookin' for it I guess.

I appreciate you UGABM jumping in and giving me and Scratch some info to chew on.  I too am a straight up hack.  I have never shot below 84.  To make things even worse, I have not played a round of golf in probably 13 years or so and am just now finishing a set of irons to get out and go to the range with.  It's a LONG story, I was out because of a bad physical problem with my back.  It'll be with me till I die but I just decided that I am not going to let it take away the one game I loved for the rest of my life so I decided I'm gonna play again if I have to go around the course in a wheel chair.  I don't care if I shoot 150, I'm gonna try darn it.  I'm still a ways away from playing as I have only been to the range 2 times in the last year.

I need all the help I can get, as you can probably tell.  I never had a problem with the short irons, 8 thru Wedges.  I do have trouble with the 3,4,5,6 and 7.  This time around I am not going to carry a 3,4 and maybe 5 and 6 and replace them with hybrids.  I have never hit those either.  I have a demo 5 iron RocketBallz that I have a little bit of experience with.  I hate the stock grip so I had to have that changed.  I have looked at full sets before and liked them and then I started looking at the Bladez series irons and really liked the looks of them and seen the review in the Golf Digest Hot List and they talked like they were the greatest irons ever made.  So I thought I would ask and see how the 2 sets differed.  I guess I posted the wrong question as there are more than 2 sets.  The Ballz set has 2 sets and the Bladez set has 3 different sets.

I don't think I have seen the MAX version of either of them.  I think the Bladez series looks the best although I'd like to see more color in the cavity.  That little yellow stripe could be better I guess.  I will say that if I went out and hit the MAX version in either and I strapped one right down the pipe with my 5 iron, I'd start loving 'em right quick.  I never really hit a 3 or 4 iron much so that doesn't bother me, but I would love to be able to hit the 5 and 6 irons.  My biggest problem that I have not been able to shake or figure out is that I keep striking the ball out towards the toe.  I guess when I start my downswing I pull my arms in just a tad and that causes me to hit out toward the toe.  I have tried setting up with the hosel behind the ball at address and that has helped a bit.  I don't know how to fix it though.  If either of these clubs could help mitigate the penalty I get from that, I would love to try it.  I have even toyed with the idea that since I am already pulling my club head in and striking it on the toe that I should try and go with that and develop a fade with my irons.  Don't know how smart that is though.  I have never tried to "work" the ball with my irons, but I could do it effortlessly with my driver back in the days of the 250cc heads.  I used to play around with my pals on the range hitting little fades, big fades and hearing what they'd say.  That was the only club I could do that with and I could usually put it where I wanted it too.  It was a beautiful thing when I had it going.  It was a shame that I couldn't do diddly squat with any other club though.

Oh well that's enough.  Thanks for the info on the TM irons.

Nalajr

#7 Gorham

Gorham

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146105
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

I can give a partial response.  I am 58 years old and a 14 hcp.  I have never hit the Rocketballz Irons, but do own the Rocketbladez.  I have a set  5 - AW, with graphite shafts regular flex.  They are extremely easy to hit, long and forgiving.  Very easy to elevate the ball and goes straight.  Best set I have owned, BY FAR.  They have a very soft (almost forged) feel to them.

I also bought a Rocketbladez MAX 4 Iron.  This Iron is LONG and STRAIGHT.  The feel is very solid.  It feels nothing like the soft feel of the standard Rocketbladez.  I am very happy with my mixed set.  I am not sure I could have hit the standard Rocketbladez 4 Iron as well as the MAX version.  I hope this helps.

#8 scratch72

scratch72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

84s not a hack, this is a hard game it takes alot of work just to get to  mid 80s and stay there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors