Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

X hot Pro Driver--On Range today PxV 6.5 shaft--what u think?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127678
  • Ebay ID:bigdcannons21
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

So I was so hyped after bombing my x hot pro 3 wood with the pXv 6.5 extra stiff shaft that I got the driver, finally hit it today and I really liked it coming from the SF 2.0TP with Ozik hd6 X it is way different sound and feel! I liked it, but I don't think I picked up any distance unfortunately I didn't have trackman, but it was lower launching than my SF just consistent lasers! Easy to draw or fade for sure, but I was really hoping for huge notice in distance gain, which I don't think I got? Can't wait to get it on the course and really find out, so far I'm really impressed and never really hit a bad ball seems distance loss is minimal on off center hit and not too much sidespin either.

**Has anyone else had similar review or come from the SF 2.0TP with reviews? Wondering what everyone else thinks on the distance/dispersion aspect etc?? Thanks for the reviews!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 longbal30

longbal30

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41632
  • Ebay ID:longbal30
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Great driver, but doubt you will see any noticeable gains. Cor is maxed out, so beyond a club just fitting you better (spin, shaft) difference in total distances would be negligible. The 3 wood on the other hand is hot. COR definately improved and distance gains should be expected.

#3 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postlongbal30, on 25 March 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Great driver, but doubt you will see any noticeable gains. Cor is maxed out, so beyond a club just fitting you better (spin, shaft) difference in total distances would be negligible. The 3 wood on the other hand is hot. COR definately improved and distance gains should be expected.

Do you mean the cor in my SF was already maxed out so this driver is basically just equal aside from shaft/fitting? Yeah all I noticed was different feel/sound and lower trajectory than my SF, but I want to get it on the course and see too.

#4 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
GolfWRX Likes : 373

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I hit this exact combo and the PXv shafts spins way too much.  For me it was a very short driver.  But after I put in a Project X Black 6.5, the spin rates and launch angle came down and it was very long.  IMO that PXv shaft sux if you're looking to lower spin or launch angles.
Taylormade R11S 9* F6M2 x
Taylormade SLDR 460 TP 14* TS 6.3 X
Taylormade RBZ Stg 2 Tour 18.5, Peanut24
Taylormade TP MC 5-PW Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Preferred 50, 54, 58
Taylormade Rossa Maranello 34

#5 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

The spin I'm not sure about, launch is definitely low, but I assumed that shaft since great in the 3 wood would translate right into the driver, so why is it different? Is it the head not contributing to as much gains, or is it the shaft with higher swing speeds not working properly? Thanks

#6 longbal30

longbal30

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41632
  • Ebay ID:longbal30
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

View Postrussian7, on 25 March 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

View Postlongbal30, on 25 March 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Do you mean the cor in my SF was already maxed out so this driver is basically just equal aside from shaft/fitting? Yeah all I noticed was different feel/sound and lower trajectory than my SF, but I want to get it on the course and see too.

Correct

#7 PrO_D_BoMbEr

PrO_D_BoMbEr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28867
  • Ebay ID:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

The only real way to gain driver distance in this day and age is to: gain clubhead speed, maximize launch and spin for swing speed, or hit it down a road........

When folks post they bought a new driver and gained 20 yards, that 20 yards has always been in the bag but the set up wasn't optimized.

#8 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ah I see, good thing I didn't get rid of my SF so if the X Hot Pro doesn't fit I'll be right back to what I know works LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors