Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

UST Recoil protype vs Steelfiber


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Frosties

Frosties

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232147
  • Joined: 02/25/2013
  • Location:Thailand
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

I'm interest in both shaft but have no idea what its performance-feel like. So anyone ever tried or used this shaft?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

http://www.golfwrx.c...ch-steelfibers/

http://www.golfwrx.c...-recoils-im-in/

#3 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well I finally got out on the range and had a good chance to demo the three shafts I have been interested in.  I have a Steelfiber i125s in a J38 DPC 6 iron, a Recoil Prototype125 F5 in a J38 DPC 6 iron, and a C-taper S+ in a J40 CB 6 iron.

Not sure I can offer any ground breaking information, but will share my thoughts.

They seemed quite comparable in terms of flex, with the C-taper feeling a touch stiffer than the other two.  All three felt quite stable, and for my limited testing the launches seemed quite comparable.  I will try to do more testing as far as spin, launch, and carry into the wind when I get a chance.  I had a touch of a draw going on with my swing with a slight right to left wind, but did have several shots with each club that held the line nicely.

As others have said the C-taper can feel harsher at times, whereas the i125 felt like a very smooth iron shaft, and the Recoil feels even smoother, and approaches the feel of graphite but not in a bad way.  The Recoil did seem to have a livelier feel to it, some I think have called it a "kick", another word might be "springy", and might just be due to it's graphite roots.  I had no issues with this however, and after several shots it felt very normal.

To sum up my thoughts, personally I am going to rule out the C-taper due to the slightly harsher feel.  I have a small bone spur on my elbow that at times causes some pain, so am going to steer towards one of the other two.  The i125, and the Recoils both felt great, and I would game either shaft without question.  I would say that for those that want to keep the closest feel of steel (very smooth steel), but want some shock reduction the i125's are a fantastic choice.  On the other hand, if you are looking for maximum shock reduction along with just a touch more of a graphite feel, the Recoils are your shaft.

On a side note, today I ordered up a set of stiff Steelfiber i125's for my J40 DPC's.  I think these are going to work very well for me, and due to the fact I can get these done locally, and even save a few bucks, made my decision easy.  Who knows though, when I look for my next set I may jump over to the Recoils as they are obviously a great shaft.

Edited by MrFlapjack, 14 May 2013 - 08:32 PM.

ACP-Blue KKx or Cleveland XL Custom 6m3s
TEE XCG-6 15 deg - BlueBoard73x
Nickent 4DX Evolver hybrids - XH105 m5
Bridgestone J40 DPC - Steelfiber i125s
Cleveland Classic # 6 - 100gm TLP
Mizuno MP-T11 50, 54, 58

#4 Mob

Mob

    Just Another Lefty

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185540
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have a set of Recoils and love them. They have a nice smooth feel with a slight kick at impact. I have elbow issues as well, so I am hoping the vibration reduction makes a difference over time.
Crazy 435 with Crazy LS Noir 80 stiff
Callaway 13 3Deep with Fubuki K 70X
Adams Super 9031 and Ping i20 hybrids
Epon AF302 copper irons 5-PW
Scotty Cameron Select Golo putter
Epon 210KGX + Yururi Raw Gekku Wedge

#5 Bravo36

Bravo36

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30879
  • Joined: 06/05/2007
  • Location:Dallas, Texas
  • Ebay ID:bravo36
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have the Recoils in 2 different sets, and my elbow issues are now a thing of the past I'm happy to say.  Love the Recoils.


#6 jol

jol

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110098
  • Joined: 06/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostBravo36, on 14 May 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

I have the Recoils in 2 different sets, and my elbow issues are now a thing of the past I'm happy to say.  Love the Recoils.

I definitely need to give them a try. My elbows are a mess.
Do you mind if i ask which weight shaft do you use and what your 6 iron or driver swing speed is?
Thx

#7 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

    Major Winner

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 3,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40610
  • Joined: 10/09/2007
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Putting these in my Eye 2's after tomorrow's round:

DSC02529.JPG
Titleist 913D3 7.5
Adams Super 9031 16 & 20
MacGregor JNP 3 thru PW, SW
Nike Method Mod 90
WITB Link
Swift X bag & MG Tour C4 balls

#8 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Joined: 11/21/2011
  • Location:Ottawa ON.
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 307

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Nice, looking forward to the review!
Classic XL Custom Grafalloy Prolite 35
JPX825 3w PX 7B3
H4 3 iron S300
i25 4-PW S300
Vokey SM5 50F, 54F 60K
Versa #7, SS 3.0

#9 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Sandra Gal is German from the nose up...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1255

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

You're going to love them!  I love mine!

#10 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

    Major Winner

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 3,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40610
  • Joined: 10/09/2007
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postfreddyottawa, on 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Nice, looking forward to the review!

View Posttbowles411, on 15 May 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

You're going to love them!  I love mine!

Thanks!

Titleist 913D3 7.5
Adams Super 9031 16 & 20
MacGregor JNP 3 thru PW, SW
Nike Method Mod 90
WITB Link
Swift X bag & MG Tour C4 balls

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Bravo36

Bravo36

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30879
  • Joined: 06/05/2007
  • Location:Dallas, Texas
  • Ebay ID:bravo36
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postjol, on 15 May 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostBravo36, on 14 May 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

I have the Recoils in 2 different sets, and my elbow issues are now a thing of the past I'm happy to say.  Love the Recoils.

I definitely need to give them a try. My elbows are a mess.
Do you mind if i ask which weight shaft do you use and what your 6 iron or driver swing speed is?
Thx

I got the F3's (95) R, hard stepped once.  Driver=102-105. 6i=86-88.

#12 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

    FREE WILLY!!!!!!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Joined: 05/27/2009
  • Location:Murland
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 491

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Bravo, I have similar swing speeds with driver and 6 iron as you.  I have the Recoil Prototypes, 110 f4.  I've played them for about 4 rounds now and they are starting to grow on me.  They do feel very stable and when struck well, they feel fantastic.  Part of me is wishing I went with a lighter weight or even a flex lower, but at the same time, it's still way too early to make that judgement.  I have been playing PX shafts, usually 6.0 flighted or 5.5 non-flighted, so its taking me some time to get used to how these load.  I would say they are similar to the s300/s400 lineup, but with a touch more kick at impact for better "feel".

Right now it's a mental thing, sometimes I try to overswing because I feel like thats what I would need to do with an s300/s400 shaft unlike the smoother swing I had with PX shafts.  I think I really just need to swing and just hit the ball and stop thinking about how I'm loading the shaft.

I havent tried the Steelfibers.
Nike Covert Performance
TM Jetspeed 5w
Nike VR TW Blade 2-iron
Dont know, gonna play a demo 7 iron
Ping Tour Gorge 56 WS
Slighter Redmond Custom

#13 jay65

jay65

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm actually thinking of buying a Titleist 712U 4 iron. And thinking about a Steelfiber i95 in it, but still waiting for a recommendation from them on what flex. My SS with a 6 iron is around 87mph. I'm also tinkering with the idea of biting the bullet and putting in a Recoil prototype 95 F4. My normal Iron shaft is the KBS Tour S Flex, and could do with a slightly higher ball flight from a Driving iron, and UST have recommended the Recoil Prototype 95 F4. I'll have to do some more research on how the Steelfiber i95 compares in terms of ballflight to the Recoil prototype 95. If anyone has some more input, that would be good.

#14 wesr

wesr

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59471
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Ebay ID:dd_59
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postjay65, on 16 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I'm actually thinking of buying a Titleist 712U 4 iron. And thinking about a Steelfiber i95 in it, but still waiting for a recommendation from them on what flex. My SS with a 6 iron is around 87mph. I'm also tinkering with the idea of biting the bullet and putting in a Recoil prototype 95 F4. My normal Iron shaft is the KBS Tour S Flex, and could do with a slightly higher ball flight from a Driving iron, and UST have recommended the Recoil Prototype 95 F4. I'll have to do some more research on how the Steelfiber i95 compares in terms of ballflight to the Recoil prototype 95. If anyone has some more input, that would be good.

My SS is about ~93 with a 6 and I hit the 95s. If I were you, I would hard step a 95r Steelfiber. I've never hit the recoil. I was hitting C-Taper S+ before the Aerotechs.

#15 jay65

jay65

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postwesr, on 18 May 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

View Postjay65, on 16 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I'm actually thinking of buying a Titleist 712U 4 iron. And thinking about a Steelfiber i95 in it, but still waiting for a recommendation from them on what flex. My SS with a 6 iron is around 87mph. I'm also tinkering with the idea of biting the bullet and putting in a Recoil prototype 95 F4. My normal Iron shaft is the KBS Tour S Flex, and could do with a slightly higher ball flight from a Driving iron, and UST have recommended the Recoil Prototype 95 F4. I'll have to do some more research on how the Steelfiber i95 compares in terms of ballflight to the Recoil prototype 95. If anyone has some more input, that would be good.

My SS is about ~93 with a 6 and I hit the 95s. If I were you, I would hard step a 95r Steelfiber. I've never hit the recoil. I was hitting C-Taper S+ before the Aerotechs.

Nice one! funny you should say that, because after doing some more research, I was actually thinking about soft stepping th Stiff flex in either anyway. O hard stepping the Reg. As you say.


#16 bobcat

bobcat

    Avid Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
  • Joined: 08/24/2005
  • Location:South Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Anybody out there using 2011 TM Tour Preferred CB's with the graphite option TP-90 shaft?  This is a TaylorMade/Fujikura iron shaft that was perhaps modeled after the now-discontinued Fujikura Vista Pro 90iron shafts.  The TM/Fuji TP-90 and the older Fujikura Vista Pro 90 iron shafts weigh precisely the same,(90 grams).

I am familiar with Vista Pro 90 wood shafts because I currewntly have some FW's and Hybrids with that shaft.  I recall a former playing partner who has an older Mizuno Fli-Hi with the Fujikura Vista Pro 90shaft and he loved that club.  Now don't know if TM/Fuji TP-90 graphite shaft available with the 2011 Tour Preferred CB's is actaully just one of those old Vista Pro 90 iron shafts with new TM graphics or not. It may be one of those "made for TM" types of shaft offerings similar to the TM REAX shafts.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE 2011 TOUR PREFERRED CB IRONS WITH THE THE TM/FUJIKURA GRAPHITE SHAFT OPTION?  IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THIS COMBO.

Curious about this now because one of my current playing partners just picked up a USED set of the 2011Tour Preferred CB iron on ebay with the TM TP-90 graphite shafts installed.  He has been suffering from elbow tendenitis for almost a year now and it is aggravated by playing his older Titleist irons with DG-S300 steel shafts.  I suggested long ago that he consider the Aerotech SteelFiber 95 graphite shafts, but he got "sticker shock" with those.  He has never been a TM fan, (a Titleist lover his entire life), so I am actually shocked he is buying used TM irons, but I guess "Player's clubs" with graphite shafts are pretty hard to find.  He says he got a great deal...but this is a club and shaft combo he has never hit.   I guess we will soon see, since we play together every weekend.

Comments on his choice of clubs and shafts?






#17 golfho50

golfho50

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128512
  • Joined: 05/11/2011
  • Location:Thailand
  • Ebay ID:stuart20100
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postbobcat, on 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Anybody out there using 2011 TM Tour Preferred CB's with the graphite option TP-90 shaft?  This is a TaylorMade/Fujikura iron shaft that was perhaps modeled after the now-discontinued Fujikura Vista Pro 90iron shafts.  The TM/Fuji TP-90 and the older Fujikura Vista Pro 90 iron shafts weigh precisely the same,(90 grams).

I am familiar with Vista Pro 90 wood shafts because I currewntly have some FW's and Hybrids with that shaft.  I recall a former playing partner who has an older Mizuno Fli-Hi with the Fujikura Vista Pro 90shaft and he loved that club.  Now don't know if TM/Fuji TP-90 graphite shaft available with the 2011 Tour Preferred CB's is actaully just one of those old Vista Pro 90 iron shafts with new TM graphics or not. It may be one of those "made for TM" types of shaft offerings similar to the TM REAX shafts.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE 2011 TOUR PREFERRED CB IRONS WITH THE THE TM/FUJIKURA GRAPHITE SHAFT OPTION?  IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THIS COMBO.

Curious about this now because one of my current playing partners just picked up a USED set of the 2011Tour Preferred CB iron on ebay with the TM TP-90 graphite shafts installed.  He has been suffering from elbow tendenitis for almost a year now and it is aggravated by playing his older Titleist irons with DG-S300 steel shafts.  I suggested long ago that he consider the Aerotech SteelFiber 95 graphite shafts, but he got "sticker shock" with those.  He has never been a TM fan, (a Titleist lover his entire life), so I am actually shocked he is buying used TM irons, but I guess "Player's clubs" with graphite shafts are pretty hard to find.  He says he got a great deal...but this is a club and shaft combo he has never hit.   I guess we will soon see, since we play together every weekend.

Comments on his choice of clubs and shafts?


Good question but i think this thread was comparing the UST Recoils to the Aerotech Steelfibers.

#18 bobcat

bobcat

    Avid Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
  • Joined: 08/24/2005
  • Location:South Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postgolfho50, on 18 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

View Postbobcat, on 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Anybody out there using 2011 TM Tour Preferred CB's with the graphite option TP-90 shaft?  This is a TaylorMade/Fujikura iron shaft that was perhaps modeled after the now-discontinued Fujikura Vista Pro 90iron shafts.  The TM/Fuji TP-90 and the older Fujikura Vista Pro 90 iron shafts weigh precisely the same,(90 grams).

I am familiar with Vista Pro 90 wood shafts because I currewntly have some FW's and Hybrids with that shaft.  I recall a former playing partner who has an older Mizuno Fli-Hi with the Fujikura Vista Pro 90shaft and he loved that club.  Now don't know if TM/Fuji TP-90 graphite shaft available with the 2011 Tour Preferred CB's is actaully just one of those old Vista Pro 90 iron shafts with new TM graphics or not. It may be one of those "made for TM" types of shaft offerings similar to the TM REAX shafts.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE 2011 TOUR PREFERRED CB IRONS WITH THE THE TM/FUJIKURA GRAPHITE SHAFT OPTION?  IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THIS COMBO.

Curious about this now because one of my current playing partners just picked up a USED set of the 2011Tour Preferred CB iron on ebay with the TM TP-90 graphite shafts installed.  He has been suffering from elbow tendenitis for almost a year now and it is aggravated by playing his older Titleist irons with DG-S300 steel shafts.  I suggested long ago that he consider the Aerotech SteelFiber 95 graphite shafts, but he got "sticker shock" with those.  He has never been a TM fan, (a Titleist lover his entire life), so I am actually shocked he is buying used TM irons, but I guess "Player's clubs" with graphite shafts are pretty hard to find.  He says he got a great deal...but this is a club and shaft combo he has never hit.   I guess we will soon see, since we play together every weekend.

Comments on his choice of clubs and shafts?


Good question but i think this thread was comparing the UST Recoils to the Aerotech Steelfibers.

Sorry, certainly not trying to threadjack...just trying to learn more about newer heavy graphite shafts regardless of who makes them.  There are a lot of graphite shaft lovers are in the thread, so I thought perhaps someone here just might know something about the Fujikura TP-90 as well.  This option only came up because my friend was actually shopping for the Aerotech SteelFibers.  I would love to hear how Fujikura TP90's compare to both The Aerotech's and the UST Recoils as well since I am not familiar with any of the newer graphite shafts.  Cut me some slack here GOLFHO...just trying to get educated and make some comparisons...

#19 wesr

wesr

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59471
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Ebay ID:dd_59
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

View Postbobcat, on 18 May 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

View Postgolfho50, on 18 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

View Postbobcat, on 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Anybody out there using 2011 TM Tour Preferred CB's with the graphite option TP-90 shaft?  This is a TaylorMade/Fujikura iron shaft that was perhaps modeled after the now-discontinued Fujikura Vista Pro 90iron shafts.  The TM/Fuji TP-90 and the older Fujikura Vista Pro 90 iron shafts weigh precisely the same,(90 grams).

I am familiar with Vista Pro 90 wood shafts because I currewntly have some FW's and Hybrids with that shaft.  I recall a former playing partner who has an older Mizuno Fli-Hi with the Fujikura Vista Pro 90shaft and he loved that club.  Now don't know if TM/Fuji TP-90 graphite shaft available with the 2011 Tour Preferred CB's is actaully just one of those old Vista Pro 90 iron shafts with new TM graphics or not. It may be one of those "made for TM" types of shaft offerings similar to the TM REAX shafts.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE 2011 TOUR PREFERRED CB IRONS WITH THE THE TM/FUJIKURA GRAPHITE SHAFT OPTION?  IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THIS COMBO.

Curious about this now because one of my current playing partners just picked up a USED set of the 2011Tour Preferred CB iron on ebay with the TM TP-90 graphite shafts installed.  He has been suffering from elbow tendenitis for almost a year now and it is aggravated by playing his older Titleist irons with DG-S300 steel shafts.  I suggested long ago that he consider the Aerotech SteelFiber 95 graphite shafts, but he got "sticker shock" with those.  He has never been a TM fan, (a Titleist lover his entire life), so I am actually shocked he is buying used TM irons, but I guess "Player's clubs" with graphite shafts are pretty hard to find.  He says he got a great deal...but this is a club and shaft combo he has never hit.   I guess we will soon see, since we play together every weekend.

Comments on his choice of clubs and shafts?


Good question but i think this thread was comparing the UST Recoils to the Aerotech Steelfibers.

Sorry, certainly not trying to threadjack...just trying to learn more about newer heavy graphite shafts regardless of who makes them.  There are a lot of graphite shaft lovers are in the thread, so I thought perhaps someone here just might know something about the Fujikura TP-90 as well.  This option only came up because my friend was actually shopping for the Aerotech SteelFibers.  I would love to hear how Fujikura TP90's compare to both The Aerotech's and the UST Recoils as well since I am not familiar with any of the newer graphite shafts.  Cut me some slack here GOLFHO...just trying to get educated and make some comparisons...

While I play Steelfibers, I'm not sold on Graphite Shafts. Steelfibers are filament wound using a computer to move the shaft back and forth. Filaments going up and down are more flexible and filaments going sideways are stiffer. They are wound at a combination of these throughout the shaft and lay a certain way on purpose depending on the part of the shaft. (ie The butt filaments are more vertical and the tip are the opposite). The Recoil shaft is a traditionally rolled graphite. I've never installed them, but all rolled graphite tends to have a dominant spine. I've given up trying to find a spine in the Steelfibers. They are so consistent. I just put them in logo down. I honestly believe the Aerotechs should be much more expensive than they are. It could be placebo, but I feel as though the Aerotechs are the easiest to hit shots with vs any other shaft i've tried. My dad plays the i80 in a regular hardstepped going from an SL300 softstepped. He loves them.

BTW, I may have the vertical/sideways filament backwards, but that is the idea.

#20 ephmen

ephmen

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17182
  • Joined: 07/30/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Question for everyone? Anyone who is a "digger" have experience with recoils or steelfibers? I switching from kbs tour stiff 120g shaft to a recoil (non prototype) 110 stiff or i110 stiff. I take big divots and wondering if one would be more appropriate for this swing style? I was fitted and both performed very well for my swing, steelfiber perhaps a tad more consistent, but recoils "felt" better/softer to me (and my elbow).   Thanks!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 ST7

ST7

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266208
  • Joined: 07/24/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

I demo'd both the SteelFiber and Recoils before making my decision and this was my experience with it.

Recoil: Very smooth feeling shaft with a bit more of an active tip.  Feels more like a true graphite shaft and has that feeling you can really snap through impact for more distance.  Control was good, but the feedback from the snappier tip really depends if you like that or not with irons.  

SteelFiber i95: Not as smooth feeling but not harsh in anyway.  Feels closer to a steel shaft in terms of how stable it feels throughout the swing and on impact.  Has a slightly lower ball flight than the recoils.  Gives me more sense of control and more feedback on impact.  Definitely overall feels stouter but not boardy, with more similarities to steel shafts.

I ended up choosing SF i95 because I'm coming from steel and wanted to keep as much of that characteristics as possible, lower flight and stability on impact.  I'm not saying the SF gave me more control or accuracy, as both shafts performed well, but it came down to how it felt to me and for me, the SF felt more stable.
Wishon 919THI 11*/ SF ss75
Wishon 949MC 16*/ SF ss75
JPX - 825H 19*, Fli Hi 22*
(4-P) Wishon 575MMC CB/ S2S Stepless
Vokey SM4 50,54,60

#22 ephmen

ephmen

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17182
  • Joined: 07/30/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

G25 with recoil prototype 110 f4 ordered today!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors