Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway X Hot Pro 3 wood - Review

31 replies to this topic

#1 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42445
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Last Friday I decided to demo the X Hot Pro 3 wood. A couple of the fellas who work in my local AG store both recommended it to me, they had made the switch from RBZ and have been raving about the XHP for a while now. I took my 910F with me to compare against it. I must admit that 3 wood has been my problem club since I sold my tour issue Callaway GBBII a couple of years back. The Titleist has been the best of the bunch I tried last year but the search has never been over. My first impressions of the XHP were very good, I liked the flat grey finish with the black face and a nice classic shape. The face also has a nice depth so I was very happy with the looks. The PXv shaft in 6.0 felt a little soft with a waggle test but I thought I'd give it a go.

Titleist 910f 15 degree, Kai'li stiff. I hit my 910 first to get some base line numbers. I didnt write down the exact figures but after warming up I was swinging between 97-100mph. From memory my figures were roughly, launch angle 15-16*, Spin 3000-3400, Carry 200-210, total 215-228.

XHP 15 degree, PXv 6.0. Again I didnt write the numbers down but from memory it was along the lines of SS 99-103mph, LA 12-13*, Spin 2000-2350, Carry 215-230, total 230-250.

I was impressed enough to trade my Titleist in and pull the trigger on the XHP.  Today was my first round with it and to be honest I'll I can say is WOW, what a club. I used the 3 wood on every driving hole today and I didnt miss a fairway. It was pretty deep too. I GPS'd a couple of tee shots, the first was into a slight breeze and went 222yrds, all carry, as it's very wet & cold here at the moment, the other went 245yrds breeze helping this time. The noise from this club is very nice as well, a nice solid Thwack.

Conclusion;- I love the looks of the club, it feels very solid, great impact noise & very accurate. I think my search for a 3 wood has come to an end. I have ordered a RFX Driver but after hitting this I'm considering cancelling the order and trying the XHP Driver instead.

If your on the hunt for a new 3 wood be sure to demo this, I'm glad I did.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Steven991

Steven991

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 233493
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostMG 1977, on 18 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Last Friday I decided to demo the X Hot Pro 3 wood. A couple of the fellas who work in my local AG store both recommended it to me, they had made the switch from RBZ and have been raving about the XHP for a while now. I took my 910F with me to compare against it. I must admit that 3 wood has been my problem club since I sold my tour issue Callaway GBBII a couple of years back. The Titleist has been the best of the bunch I tried last year but the search has never been over. My first impressions of the XHP were very good, I liked the flat grey finish with the black face and a nice classic shape. The face also has a nice depth so I was very happy with the looks. The PXv shaft in 6.0 felt a little soft with a waggle test but I thought I'd give it a go.

Titleist 910f 15 degree, Kai'li stiff. I hit my 910 first to get some base line numbers. I didnt write down the exact figures but after warming up I was swinging between 97-100mph. From memory my figures were roughly, launch angle 15-16*, Spin 3000-3400, Carry 200-210, total 215-228.

XHP 15 degree, PXv 6.0. Again I didnt write the numbers down but from memory it was along the lines of SS 99-103mph, LA 12-13*, Spin 2000-2350, Carry 215-230, total 230-250.

I was impressed enough to trade my Titleist in and pull the trigger on the XHP.  Today was my first round with it and to be honest I'll I can say is WOW, what a club. I used the 3 wood on every driving hole today and I didnt miss a fairway. It was pretty deep too. I GPS'd a couple of tee shots, the first was into a slight breeze and went 222yrds, all carry, as it's very wet & cold here at the moment, the other went 245yrds breeze helping this time. The noise from this club is very nice as well, a nice solid Thwack.

Conclusion;- I love the looks of the club, it feels very solid, great impact noise & very accurate. I think my search for a 3 wood has come to an end. I have ordered a RFX Driver but after hitting this I'm considering cancelling the order and trying the XHP Driver instead.

Well There I went through the exact thing but with my RBZ 14.5 tour.... I went to golf galaxy to compare and I saw how much better the XHP was and promptly made the switch. I have another comment for ya on the choice of drivers. I was bought the RFX and thought it was awesome as far as lowering my spin rate and narrowing my shot pattern. However the distance I lost was totally unacceptable. SO i went to look at the XHP driver, the look the feel and my overall impression made it an easy choice to try it out. I took it to the range and warmed up with some iron shots and hit a few with my xhot 3 metal. Then I pulled the XHP 9.5 out and proceeded to crank one out there 295 carry 305+ with roll. the sound the feel the ball filght all fit my eye. I now game the XHP and will be selling my RFX and keeping my TM superfast 2.0 tp as my back up.  
Good luck with getting your driver
Xhot 9.5* pro black tie 7m3
Xhot 3 15* fairway px 6.0
Xhot pro 19* fairway px 6.0
Cally X-Hot 4-aw speed step 85
Cleveland HB10 classic collection
Mizzy mp T-10 56* Ping eye 2 xg SW

#3 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Steven,

What spec's are your RFX & XHP? I must admit the XHP driver looks real nice but in the 'S' position the one I saw looked a little closed. I originally went towards the RFX as it has more dialing in options with the 'S' setting being slightly open meaning I'd have two face angles to choose from which suit my eye (and guard against the dreaded hook) and the weights to tweak.

I'm seriously considering canceling my order as the XHP is quite a chunk cheaper and in the 'O' position should work fine, that and the 3 wood looked superb out in the day light today, so much better than in the store.

#4 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Go hit both drivers, I've been reading more people prefer the Rfx on here I think, you can check some of the other threads yourself.  Lots of Rfx driver/xhot 3 wood for some reason.  

Your numbers on the course seem good, they were a little low in store tho.  You should be looking at ~230 carry in my opinion.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

#5 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

LEDLIYLBSIWB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
GolfWRX Likes : 1104

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I've had the xhp on trackman three times now against stage 2 and the xtd and it blows them away.

Callaway BBV Kiyoshi
Callaway X2H Pro ATX
Callaway UT
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
Titliest Vokey SM5 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Newport

#6 tsur1

tsur1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57044
  • Ebay ID:tsurwr
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

XHP was best for me in 3 wood and Driver... I highly suggest giving it a chance...
Cobra Bio Cell+ w Speeder 757X
Callaway X2H 15*
Callaway XHP 18*
Callaway XHP 4-GW, DG S300
Titleist 54* and 58*
Nike Method Midnight 6

#7 ufgatrs82

ufgatrs82

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47338
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

After similar testing Ive just ordered a XHP 3w from DD and the 910 is out. Cant wait for it to get here!!

#8 stimpmeterp

stimpmeterp

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33985
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I got rid of my beloved TEE XCG which, as we know, has a H O T face...in favor of the XHP.  Looking to add a little weight to the head as I had Callaway butt cut the shaft to play my desired 42.5".  Great fairway wood here!
Bethesda, MD
7 hcp.

#9 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

View Postswizbeatz, on 18 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Your numbers on the course seem good, they were a little low in store tho.  You should be looking at ~230 carry in my opinion.

I know, the LM in the store must be the only juiced down LM on the planet. It seems to be about 5 Yards per 100 Yards short with every club. Thats why I hit my own 3 wood first to see how they compared.

#10 tigercolt77

tigercolt77

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125743
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Switched from my rbz tour 3 wood to the xhp 4 wood. Get better numbers from the xhp and the feel is so much better. The xhp beat it out with the stock shaft, my rbz had a kiyoshi purple 75. Put the kiyoshi into the xhp and holy cow... Just amazing I tried rbz2, xtd ls, g25, rfe, and tour edge exotics  offerings and the xhp beat them all for me.

Cobra Amp Cell Pro ATX Blue 65X
TEE XCG7 Beta 16.5 ATX Blue 75X
Cally Xhot Pro 20* Ozik XCON 85X
Cally Apex Pro KBS C Taper lite X 4-P
Cally Mack Daddy 2 50, 54, 58
Odyssey Tour Designs Black #5

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 halfsumo

halfsumo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210503
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Switched to XHP 15* with BlueBoard 82 stiff from 910f 13.5* with Project X 8c4.  The mis-hits of the XHP go as far as the good hits with the 910.  The exra loft makes it easier to get off the deck.  The slightly bigger head profile makes is more confidence-inspiring off the tee.

Nice upgrade.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro 9.5, red tie s
Callaway 5 Deep, stock stiff
SLDR S 5HL, stock stiff
PING i25 4-GW, KBS Tour stiff
Ping Tour S 54, Vokey SM4 60

#12 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Posttsur1, on 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

XHP was best for me in 3 wood and Driver... I highly suggest giving it a chance...

Now I have a real Dilema on my hands. I've ordered a RFX with Matrix Black Tie from my club pro, which is taking an age to arrive. In the mean time today I've been back to the store where I got my 3 wood from and hit the XHP with the PXv shaft. I'm very impressed, Great looks & feel, the ball speed numbers were the highest I've ever had and the spin was low around 2100rpm, I really liked it. The only issue I have is even in the 'O' position a few shots leaked left, the RFX I would be able to counter act that with the weights. I'm thinking of canceling the order for the RFX and getting the XHP???  The problem is the store have sold out of RFX so I cant hit them both head to head to see if ball speed numbers are as impressive with the RFX.

#13 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostMG 1977, on 19 March 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

View Postswizbeatz, on 18 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I know, the LM in the store must be the only juiced down LM on the planet. It seems to be about 5 Yards per 100 Yards short with every club. Thats why I hit my own 3 wood first to see how they compared.

Ah yes, great point.  I forgot you had your own to compare against.
WITB Link

#14 hayzooos

hayzooos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 726

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostMG 1977, on 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

View Posttsur1, on 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Now I have a real Dilema on my hands. I've ordered a RFX with Matrix Black Tie from my club pro, which is taking an age to arrive. In the mean time today I've been back to the store where I got my 3 wood from and hit the XHP with the PXv shaft. I'm very impressed, Great looks & feel, the ball speed numbers were the highest I've ever had and the spin was low around 2100rpm, I really liked it. The only issue I have is even in the 'O' position a few shots leaked left, the RFX I would be able to counter act that with the weights. I'm thinking of canceling the order for the RFX and getting the XHP???  The problem is the store have sold out of RFX so I cant hit them both head to head to see if ball speed numbers are as impressive with the RFX.

The XHP in the 'O' setting is 3* open. If you're still having issues going left, I think there is something in the swing that needs to be done first and foremost. The weights in the RFX might help a little, but it's really just a band aid. If you're going to custom order the club, you could always have them put some hot melt in the toe of the XHP to get the same effect as the weights on the RFX.
Bio Cell + w/ Diamana D+
XHP 15* Fuji Speeder VC 8.1
Diablo Edge Tour 18* AXE Fwy
XHP 4-PW C-Taper
SCOR 52/58* Nippon WV 115/125
Odyssey Blk TD #1W
WITB Link

#15 NickyHauls

NickyHauls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223515
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

xhp is a beast. I've had at least 40 trades of rbz tps for it in my fitting

#16 Steven991

Steven991

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 233493
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostSteven991, on 18 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

View PostMG 1977, on 18 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well There I went through the exact thing but with my RBZ 14.5 tour.... I went to golf galaxy to compare and I saw how much better the XHP was and promptly made the switch. I have another comment for ya on the choice of drivers. I was bought the RFX and thought it was awesome as far as lowering my spin rate and narrowing my shot pattern. However the distance I lost was totally unacceptable. SO i went to look at the XHP driver, the look the feel and my overall impression made it an easy choice to try it out. I took it to the range and warmed up with some iron shots and hit a few with my xhot 3 metal. Then I pulled the XHP 9.5 out and proceeded to crank one out there 295 carry 305+ with roll. the sound the feel the ball filght all fit my eye. I now game the XHP and will be selling my RFX and keeping my TM superfast 2.0 tp as my back up.  
Good luck with getting your driver
The RFX specs were 9.5 standard postion with the weights flip flopped so that the heavier weight was in the toe. I'm defintley not saying that the RFX is a bad driver. I think my choice in shaft was the main issue. As it was the Aldila Trinity stiff. Yes I should have traded it out fot the Black tie but I choose to try the XHP and found it much more to my liking. XHP specs.. 9.5 Standard setting projext x 6.0. I played with it yesterday and bombed it. Its definitley a more tradtional feeling stick.
Xhot 9.5* pro black tie 7m3
Xhot 3 15* fairway px 6.0
Xhot pro 19* fairway px 6.0
Cally X-Hot 4-aw speed step 85
Cleveland HB10 classic collection
Mizzy mp T-10 56* Ping eye 2 xg SW

#17 longbal30

longbal30

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41632
  • Ebay ID:longbal30
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I love my xhp 3 wood, just swapped the pvi 6.5 to a mitsubishi 82 D+. Totally changed the feel through impact, as good as it was before, it just got better. Go Callaway.

#18 hayzooos

hayzooos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Postlongbal30, on 20 March 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I love my xhp 3 wood, just swapped the pvi 6.5 to a mitsubishi 82 D+. Totally changed the feel through impact, as good as it was before, it just got better. Go Callaway.

Dang, that sounds like one BEAST of a club!!!
Bio Cell + w/ Diamana D+
XHP 4-PW C-Taper
Odyssey Blk TD #1W
WITB Link

#19 CAJ4AU

CAJ4AU

War Damn Eagle!

• 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32813
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 18 March 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I've had the xhp on trackman three times now against stage 2 and the xtd and it blows them away.

+1
X2HP 8.5 Pro 63, X2HP 3Deep 6X3
X2HP 5 Deep Radix 7, X2HP 20 ATX Grn
2013 X-Forged 4-PW PXi 6.5
MD2 Tour Grind 52* and 58*
Cameron Studio Select Newport
ProV1x all in Sun Mountain Four-5
WITB Link

#20 wgmoney

wgmoney

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3066
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Based on the various above mentioned reshafts, assuming xhp is .335 hosel.  Thanks

Titleist 913 D3,10.5, Diamana D+ 62
TEE cb5 15 degree, Fubuki ax f65
Titleist 913h, 19 & 910h, 21
MP-64, 4-8; MP-69 9-pw, CTaper lite
S.Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
Vokey SM 54 & 60 M-Grind

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Thebiz

Thebiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30238

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Poststimpmeterp, on 18 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

I got rid of my beloved TEE XCG which, as we know, has a H O T face...in favor of the XHP.  Looking to add a little weight to the head as I had Callaway butt cut the shaft to play my desired 42.5".  Great fairway wood here!

Hey Stimp - I have the TEE XCG (4 wood) as well - by far my favorite club in the bag.  Looking to add a 3 wood for long par 5s.  Would you say the transition from the XCG to the XHP is pretty seamless - (i.e. easy to hit off deck, LONG and similar ball flight?).  Was looking at XHP, Anser and G25.

Thanks

#22 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I am absolutely killing my 17*.  Need some more time in better weather before I will write a full review but as it stands now the review will probably be Callaway promotional material, its that good.
WITB Link

#23 gary3aces

gary3aces

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199844
  • Ebay ID:gary3aces
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

:golfer: I've never been a big fan of Callaway clubs but after every thing I read about the X Hot I had to give one a try.Got the driver first and couldn't believe how well it performed.Just got the 3 wood and its as solid as the driver and just ordered the 5 wood.Best Callaway woods I've ever used.Feel,sound,and distance are better than the TM's I own.The one thing about TM's I hate is how easy they get marks on them.The Callaways still look brand new after a couple of sessions at the range. :to_become_senile:

#24 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think I am the only person out there who didnt get along with the XHot.  Just wasnt my cup of tea.  I found the stock DET/Habanero just as long and I liked the feel much better.
910d2 Matrix 6m3/3 Deep VTS Black 6s
15* g25 UST VTS Silver 7s
g25/anser hybrid UST Recoil 95
5-p MIzuno Mx25/MP54 combo DG s300
Cally X Forged GW/SW
SeeMore Si1

#25 Larbear

Larbear

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54273
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

great..now I want one.

#26 stimpmeterp

stimpmeterp

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33985
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostThebiz, on 15 April 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Hey Stimp - I have the TEE XCG (4 wood) as well - by far my favorite club in the bag.  Looking to add a 3 wood for long par 5s.  Would you say the transition from the XCG to the XHP is pretty seamless - (i.e. easy to hit off deck, LONG and similar ball flight?).  Was looking at XHP, Anser and G25.

Thanks

Yes, a very easy transition.  The XHP sits slightly lower to the ground and has great turf interaction.  The XCG original model was long but also had a deeper face and not as easy to lift versus XHP

Good luck!
Bethesda, MD
7 hcp.

#27 Thebiz

Thebiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30238

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Poststimpmeterp, on 16 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostThebiz, on 15 April 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Thanks

Yes, a very easy transition.  The XHP sits slightly lower to the ground and has great turf interaction.  The XCG original model was long but also had a deeper face and not as easy to lift versus XHP

Good luck!

Awesome thanks for the feedback....XCG has been great for me off the deck so really looking fwd tothe XHP if easier.  I have never looked at Cally before (always Ping / Titleist) and this year I just bought the XHP irons and now potentially the 3 wood.  Have to say they've done a great job with this new line.

#28 savarini

savarini

• 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137603
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hit the xhp is a sick nasty club traded in my rbz tour yanked my black tie out and having it slapped into the hxp cant wait to crank this bad boy I have to say honestly cally is back in a HUGE way Razor fit extreme driver is sick tho i play 913 d3 . welcome back cally , it to me seems companies play this game they know the cor limits and they inch closer and closer each yr so that they can release the same club with a few tweaks then when we try yep they are hotter than last yr . In order to stay afloat callaway went ahead and put the xhp at the cor limit now not 3 yrs from now thank you callaway !!
Choose 2 B GR8T !!!

#29 tyro

tyro

Tour Winner

• 544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176856
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Right now I have an RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5*, 910F, and TEE XCG6.  I love the XCG off the tee, but it's not the greatest off the deck.  I need max distance into par 5's and off the tee from some holes with trouble long and straight.  I have an extra UST VTS 7S fairway shaft that is looking for a home.  Would the XHP tick all the boxes...easy to hit from fairway, straight (ie no bias either way), long, and good off the tee?
Ping G25 9.5 ATX Green
Ping G30 14.5 ATX Blue
DHY 21/24
Ping S55
Vokey SM4 50/56/60
Ping Karsten TR Anser 2
WITB Link

#30 hayzooos

hayzooos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Posttyro, on 30 June 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Right now I have an RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5*, 910F, and TEE XCG6.  I love the XCG off the tee, but it's not the greatest off the deck.  I need max distance into par 5's and off the tee from some holes with trouble long and straight.  I have an extra UST VTS 7S fairway shaft that is looking for a home.  Would the XHP tick all the boxes...easy to hit from fairway, straight (ie no bias either way), long, and good off the tee?

I vote yes. No real bias, but the Pro version does have a slightly open face, FYI. I have a 15* XHP which will be going back in the bag shortly.

Bio Cell + w/ Diamana D+
XHP 4-PW C-Taper
Odyssey Blk TD #1W
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors