Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping Anser 2 vs Anser 3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seis

seis

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15608
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

I am looking at buying a Ping Anser 2 SS.  I have a Ping Anser 3 in Bronze already.  I do not see any difference in the two but are they different in designation only because of the material they are made in? Or are there other differences between Anser 2 and 3?  I am not a big Ping putter guy so thanks for the input...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,324 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1630

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

No difference other than material.

#3 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day!

• Marshals
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

502 to Right, on Mar 22 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

Not entirely true.  The Anser 3 is most similar to the standard Anser.  The Anser 2 is a little bit different, it has more shoulder transition, slightly flatter bumpers, and more a more pointed/defined heel.  The Anser3 is basically an Anser, but without the sound slot and with a sight line.  Easiest comparison would be that the Anser2 is to the Anser/Anser 3, what the Newport 2 is to the Newport.
:hi:

#4 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,324 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1630

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

beruo, on Mar 24 2007, 07:49 PM, said:

502 to Right, on Mar 22 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

Not entirely true.  The Anser 3 is most similar to the standard Anser.  The Anser 2 is a little bit different, it has more shoulder transition, slightly flatter bumpers, and more a more pointed/defined heel.  The Anser3 is basically an Anser, but without the sound slot and with a sight line.  Easiest comparison would be that the Anser2 is to the Anser/Anser 3, what the Newport 2 is to the Newport.

I have an Anser 3 and the bumpers are squared off like a Newport 2.  The shape of Anser 2 is indistinguishable from the Anser 3.

Visit the ping web site and click on putters.  Then click on classics.  From the top menu you can select Manganese Bronze and look at an Anser 3.  Then click Stainless Steel at the top and you can select an Anser 2.  They are identical other than the material.

Edited by 502 to Right, 24 March 2007 - 08:11 PM.

#5 golfjunky

golfjunky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14456
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:45 PM

I know it wasn't one of the options, but the Ping Anser 4 is my all time favorite putter. The short neck looks good to me when I am over the ball.

#6 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day!

• Marshals
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

golfjunky, on Mar 24 2007, 07:45 PM, said:

I know it wasn't one of the options, but the Ping Anser 4 is my all time favorite putter. The short neck looks good to me when I am over the ball.

Very much agreed.  I've got a handful of moderately rare-ish Pings (and a grip of other nice-ish putters too), but the last round I played was with my stainless Anser 4.  That said the Scottsdale remakes and the Ti-Ni Isoforce Ansers look really good to me too. :)

And 502 to Right, the Anser 3 was an 80's take on the original--certainly not mistakable for the Daleheads.  The bumpers are squared off, yes.  But I found the bumpers on the 2 and 4 to be flatter.  And the shoulder transition is smoother from the bumpers to the topline on the 2 and 4.  I got rid of the 3 shortly after getting one once upon a time.  Didn't suit.
Here are the Anser, Anser 3, and Anser 2 pics from Ping in a side-to-side.

anser.JPG anser3.JPG anser2.JPG
:hi:

#7 seis

seis

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15608
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for your help guys, especially Beruo on your side by sides.  I have a maganese bronze anser3 with the buffed face and thought there were slight differences other than the finish.  I bought the anser 2 at a nice price and was also excited about the purchase when I found it was 36 inch length.  Can't wait to try it out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors