Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

vista verde

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mark092974

mark092974

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124458
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Any suggestions on something close to vista verde that I can play in the afternoon?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Troon, Legend Trail, Grayhawk, either of the Tonto Verde are the closest. Troon being the best choice and most expensive. Could also go the backway into Fountain hills to play Sunridge or Eagle Mountain
9.5 9064 Oban Devotion 06
14.5 X Hot 3 Deep
18* IDEA PRO Hybrid the OG
RAZR X Forged 4-PW
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill
Vokey 52/56/60 200series/TVDK/TVDMgrind
WITB Link

#3 puttnforthe8

puttnforthe8

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88323
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Wekopa is not that far either down the back dirt road.

#4 mark092974

mark092974

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124458
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I have to drop my wife off and pick her up that evening in Cave Creek so thinking I'd finish up around there.

#5 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Troon N and Legend Trail are right on the way back toward Cave Creek.

Legend Trail is not bad.  A few odd holes and a real estate routing but generous in width for a desert style course and reasonably priced for the area.

Troon N and the Boulders will be pretty expensive.

I've not played it, but Dove Valley (RTJ II) is in the area.  Also there is Tatum Ranch (Bob Cupp) a private course that is accepting public play.  Don't remember much about that course as I only played it once when it first opened back in the 80's.

I would not recommend Rancho Manana.

#6 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postputtnforthe8, on 06 March 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Wekopa is not that far either down the back dirt road.

Ha ha, they paved a road around the reservation a few years back.  I do remember having to travel that dirt road to get to Rio Verde back in the day.

Now it's an easy shot from Fountain Hills up to Rio/Tonto Verde.  This is the route I use to Vista Verde from the East Valley.

Edited by teejaywhy, 07 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#7 jatrain

jatrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234643
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postteejaywhy, on 07 March 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Troon N and Legend Trail are right on the way back toward Cave Creek.

Legend Trail is not bad.  A few odd holes and a real estate routing but generous in width for a desert style course and reasonably priced for the area.

Troon N and the Boulders will be pretty expensive.

I've not played it, but Dove Valley (RTJ II) is in the area.  Also there is Tatum Ranch (Bob Cupp) a private course that is accepting public play.  Don't remember much about that course as I only played it once when it first opened back in the 80's.

I would not recommend Rancho Manana.

Why not Rancho? I'm in Cave Creek 3-4 times a year visiting in laws and typically play it. Always seems in good shape (except when part of it got washed out in a monsoon) and has nice views. A little short but makes for a good warm-up round before playing Troon, Boulders, etc and typically well priced (not too hard to talk them into the resident rate).

Dove Valley is a pretty basic track but reasonably priced and last year when I played it it was in great shape (I avoided it for few years because I felt that the conditioning had gone down hill and it was slow). Seems like they may have fixed those issues.

#8 natural_one

natural_one

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144033
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I like Legend Trail for what you describe... as TJY said, couple funky holes...but it's fun desert golf for a good price and usually in good shape.

I personally dislike Tatum Ranch's layout and holes.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors