Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Most interesting and most detailed offer EVER.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
GolfWRX Likes : 439

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

I got this offer for 3 items I had for sale and must say it was quite humorous.  My head is still spinning. :D

http://www.golfwrx.c...hentic-head-95/

Edited by profsmitty, 01 March 2013 - 07:31 AM.
To leave in holds a member up to ridicule. Not consistent with Forum Rules.

Taylormade R11S 9* F6M2 x
Taylormade SLDR 460 TP 14* TS 6.3 X
Taylormade TP SLDR 21
Taylormade Speedblade 4-PW
Taylormade Tour Preferred 50, 54, 58
Taylormade Rossa Maranello 34

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 _MS22_

_MS22_

No Pressure, No Diamonds . . .

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125572
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Am I the only guy that does not make counter offers to asking prices?  I see this all the time.  I typically find BST prices to be more than fair.  I've posted up some WTBs that I have laughed at, I was looking for CTaper pulls recently  and got this "Yeah, I've got a set of C-Taper S+ shafts, they have used IOmics on them, how's $475 sound?"  I don't think I've ever made an offer let alone a crazy lowball.
Haiku as a sig?
They may be overrated
But I'm rocking one!
WITB:
balls, clubs, keys to your moms place...

#3 jashton88

jashton88

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208031
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

That PM is hilarious and I really wonder how long the guy spent writing that. I have heard some ridiculous stuff selling on eBay and craigslist. My favorite is when you get to hear a person's life story about why they are low balling you.

Ex: My cat got sick and I had to take her to the vet. I have $100 now and can give you the other $200 next week. How does that sound?

Edited by jashton88, 28 February 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

#4 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

View Post_MS22_, on 27 February 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Am I the only guy that does not make counter offers to asking prices?  I see this all the time.  I typically find BST prices to be more than fair.  I've posted up some WTBs that I have laughed at, I was looking for CTaper pulls recently  and got this "Yeah, I've got a set of C-Taper S+ shafts, they have used IOmics on them, how's $475 sound?"  I don't think I've ever made an offer let alone a crazy lowball.

Me either, if its priced well and I want it I just send a pm saying I'll take it.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

#5 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I have a very difficult choice to make with this thread. It deals with how to respond to a counteroffer/explanation to a BST ad. This is an interesting topic. However, the way that it was done holds another member up to ridicule. I am taking no position on the counteroffer/explanation. However, I will not allow a member to be the object of derision when I think the member involved was earnest albeit misguided and "unconventional". Also, although it is not officially against Forum Posting Rules, making a post that includes another member's PM is not what I would consider good form.

With that said, I have deleted every reference to the member making the counteroffer, comments about the member and PM, etc. I am also locking the thread. If OP would like to start a new thread based on responding to counteroffers/explanations/etc., I would think that would make an interesting topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors