Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Slicefixer and Dan Whittaker

136 replies to this topic

#121 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 394

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostMGWP, on 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

RUSCC..
what is your problem?
Are you seriuoslycalling me a liar?
Who the F*%& are you?
Are you suggetsing I made all this up...why would I bother, or are you simply so insecure about your "hero worship" of slicefixer that you simply cannot understand that sometimes a student is unable to get where he wants to go with a certian teacher....happens all the time get over it mate!!!
This not a turf war, I am just answering a question that was asked..
I have and will continue to deliberately NOT claim that one teacher is better than another, or place any blame on anybody for ANYTHING...so why on earth are you so sensitive to realise thsi is just one of those cases where two people couldnt get something to work??
For over five years I heard from Geoff...you are stuck...you are stuck...in reference to my post transition position...and we tried very verey hard to solve that problem...we failed..no big deal...but I wanted to solve it even at the expense on competing.
As I explained earlier...if you even bothered to read it...I basically gave Dan a clean slate...thsi is what I want and dont worry if I go backwards first.
I have won, felt the joy of winning, now I want to hit the ball the way I want to.....
And by the way about three events per year for the past five years does not count as competing, considering that used to be about 20 events a year, clearly something else you fail to understand..but that is another tale.

I am 100% okay to say it was totally my distinct lack of talent and 100% my fault we could not get me unstuck, if that makes you sleep better tonight.
I am okay with saying it was all me..no problem
But right now you sound like a kid who has just realised that Santa and the Tooth Fairy dont exist all at once.

I have endless footage of my swing during the Geoff years and after the Geoff years to show what Dan and I have worked on if you would like me to show it on this forum,if you would like me to do so just say and I will show it with pleasure...
My .my  .you obviously have a problem with holding your temper.Maybe that is the reason why you can not compete successfully  anymore .Maybe we can arrange  some sessions with my psychologist  wife    to help you with your   problems
You may not like my posts ,but  that is no reason to make remarks that are not appropriate in  mixed company.i  have never STOOPED  to that    level  and do not intend to start now
In your previous post ,you stated" If you are not competing,how can you compile a record" .In turn i stated that that this was not entirely true.,the you      may  have competed less often  and much  less successfully but not stopped"  .You just stated that was true ,so how was i incorrect .Maybe you do not  think that the Travis tournament in Garden Cit NY is serious competition ,but some of my friends would tend to disagree.
You stated that" I never hit the ball the way  i wanted". The quote from 'Arkansas  golf"   contradicts this .Were you correct then or were  you  correct in your  recent post?
So in these  two instances  ,you owe me an apology in implying that you were  a liar
I see nothing that is inaccurate   about my comments about    the Slicefixer  swing  .If you or anyone else can find any  ,please tell me and i will change them  The problems  that i cited  and that you mentioned are very common. Many  golfer's who have seen  Slicefixer  can confirm the the frequency of these problems.the difference between those golfers and you is that  they only see him once every 6 months and you could see him every day

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#122 CSagan

CSagan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128909
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

MGWP, do you have a youtube channel...would like to subscribe. PM me if ya want.

#123 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129830
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostTheBigGun, on 06 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Have I missed something here? Are we talking about religious beliefs? Is "Slicefixer" a cult? Has MGWP gone to the dark side?
I covered that already.
People talk about going to Texarkana to see Slicefixer like a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Posted Image

Edited by SunkTheBirdie, 06 March 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#124 pingeye

pingeye

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2532
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

MGWP - you have to know that Russc has a hugh man crush on Slicefixer. Anything negative about Geoff warrents Russc reprisals.

I have enjoyed reading your posts and the insight MGWP.
Ping G25 9.5
Ping G20 3W
Adams Super LS Hybrid 20
Ping I20 4-W
Ping TourS 52, 56 and XG 60 Lob
SC Select Newport 2

#125 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

View Postrussc, on 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

test
I'm having problems with this thread as well ...  
- when you view it ... there are a certain number of posts ... but if you post ... you see hidden ones.

#126 whatsecret

whatsecret

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125536
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

The   problems that you describe  makes it hard to believe that you were ever  a Slicefixer student,even though  no one doubts that point.Obviously .   you could  have  developed these problems  with Mr Smith  or any other pros before you saw Dan but it is stretching the limit of credulity that you had  these problems  under Slicefixer .
Every one of the approximately  50 swings of his accomplished long term  students(+ handicaps) that i have seen  have  forward shaft lean at impact .Every one without any exceptions.And i will bet that that no one who visits  him in the future  will ever find an accomplished student who does not have forward shaft lean at impact.

Body tilt away from the target ,  having weight on your left foot and  forward shaft lean  at impact  are  axiomatic to what he teaches

Setting up with your right hip lower than the left is Slicefixer 101 as is a turning deep .Any one who visits him is exposed to these ideas

Avoiding getting the right elbow too far behind you ,"into the dead zone" is something which Geoff has emphasized numerous times on the internet  and  has   mentioned to those students with that tendency.Part of his problems with the Hardy swing is the so called'lawnmower move" which potentially places a golfer's elbow too far behind the body

Making a deep turn and starting the club back in one piece makes it very difficult  for your arms to get stuck behind you .
Spinning out via failing to get to your left leg and getting your left foot flat  is such an obvious fault that Slicefixer would have seen it and eliminated it over a period of time

chasing  the strike ,having the upper body go forward,timing problems .Avoiding these problem is so fundamental  to what Slicefixer   teaches  that is it ridiculous  to discuss them
My point is not that  i  doubt  that Dan  saw  some problems and  suggested these changes  , but i doubt very much that you had these problems  when you worked with Slicefixer .,partially because  they are such obvious problems and  partially because  they  contradict some of his "core beliefs  " on the golf swing.

i would also suggest that you were not being entirely truthful when you said that you stopped competing.Maybe less often  and  much less successfully but not stopped .The internet records are all there for anyone to access
And to quote you from "Arkansas golf"on 8/14/2006--"not sure ,i can  hit the ball better" does not sound  like you were unhappy with your ballstriking

I just don't understand people like you. You actually went to the effort of looking up info on this guy (that's going a little too far; and is quite creepy) to see if you can somehow discredit him, and you also made sure to you use his full name for all to see (completely disregarding his right of anonymity); are you actually serious?! You have serious problems. Immoral is an understatement. You should be ashamed(and banned).

#127 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39690
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

mods, is there some reason that I am not allowed to see the latest posts in this thread? i can't see past post #121 and it says that 129 are posted in the topic.  would like to see what's going on.

Pm me if there is some technical glitch.

#128 Timbo22

Timbo22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143995
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Russc you just jumped the shark.

Just a zealot. Nothing more. You've been so insulting to MGWP and hes more than tolerated it.

No more for me, not getting enough value here to keep coming back and read the slifefixer religion hacking against everyone and anything they deem not bowing toward their idol.

#129 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

View Postrankoutsider, on 07 March 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

mods, is there some reason that I am not allowed to see the latest posts in this thread? i can't see past post #121 and it says that 129 are posted in the topic.  would like to see what's going on.

Pm me if there is some technical glitch.

There definitely is a problem.

Please REPORT here.

Edited by SunkTheBirdie, 07 March 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#130 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

.  (note:  I have to post something to see any post past post 121)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#131 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Let's keep this conversation at the "high road level" please. I hate to see something very positive turn into something that could go south quickly.

#132 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2047

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

what's going on with this thread?
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#133 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• 19,046 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

OK now i'm seeing all the posts. Cool.

Let's keep learning folks!
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

#134 mshills

mshills

Consistently inconsistent.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

MGWP:  Please don't let russc derail another thread.  For whatever reason, he goes off every time someone else has the gall to post something that doesn't align 100.0% with his interpretation of Geoff's teaching method or golf swing.  Frankly, I'm tired of it.  Geoff can take care of his own reputation and I don't think that he needs anyone to pick up the sword in his defense at every turn.  It is silly, and it's taken numerous top-notch discussions completely off-track.

There is great material in this thread, and I hope I am not the only mid-cap (see sig) that wants to see it continue.  I'll never play golf at a very high level, but that does not mean that getting the perspective of a much better player is not extraordinarily helpful.

Please continue, and everyone, let's shelve the defensiveness...
Driver: Srixon Z-Star, Miyazaki Dromos
3w:  TEE CB2, Motore F1
3i - PW:  Mizuno MP52, S300
SW:  Ping ISI S2 BeCu
LW:  OG Ping Eye 2 BeCu
Putter:  Cleveland Almost Belly

#135 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• 19,046 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

russc I can't send you any pms...can you send me one please?

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

#136 mshills

mshills

Consistently inconsistent.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostTimbo22, on 07 March 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Russc you just jumped the shark.

Just a zealot. Nothing more. You've been so insulting to MGWP and hes more than tolerated it.

No more for me, not getting enough value here to keep coming back and read the slifefixer religion hacking against everyone and anything they deem not bowing toward their idol.

It is totally out of order, has been going on long enough, and has to stop.  This is a thread with great discussion and great information even for a hacker like me who can get down into single digits only when I'm playing a LOT of golf.

MGWP started some great conversation.  Great read, great info.  A simple difference of opinion and this "Defender of All Things Geoff Jones" calls him out by first and last name and puts his playing record out there?  Really?

Gentleman's game, indeed.

Unbelievable.  This crap has to stop.
Driver: Srixon Z-Star, Miyazaki Dromos
3w:  TEE CB2, Motore F1
3i - PW:  Mizuno MP52, S300
SW:  Ping ISI S2 BeCu
LW:  OG Ping Eye 2 BeCu
Putter:  Cleveland Almost Belly

#137 rengler22

rengler22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85428
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postrussc, on 06 March 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostMGWP, on 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

RUSCC..
what is your problem?
Are you seriuoslycalling me a liar?
Who the F*%& are you?
Are you suggetsing I made all this up...why would I bother, or are you simply so insecure about your "hero worship" of slicefixer that you simply cannot understand that sometimes a student is unable to get where he wants to go with a certian teacher....happens all the time get over it mate!!!
This not a turf war, I am just answering a question that was asked..
I have and will continue to deliberately NOT claim that one teacher is better than another, or place any blame on anybody for ANYTHING...so why on earth are you so sensitive to realise thsi is just one of those cases where two people couldnt get something to work??
For over five years I heard from Geoff...you are stuck...you are stuck...in reference to my post transition position...and we tried very verey hard to solve that problem...we failed..no big deal...but I wanted to solve it even at the expense on competing.
As I explained earlier...if you even bothered to read it...I basically gave Dan a clean slate...thsi is what I want and dont worry if I go backwards first.
I have won, felt the joy of winning, now I want to hit the ball the way I want to.....
And by the way about three events per year for the past five years does not count as competing, considering that used to be about 20 events a year, clearly something else you fail to understand..but that is another tale.

I am 100% okay to say it was totally my distinct lack of talent and 100% my fault we could not get me unstuck, if that makes you sleep better tonight.
I am okay with saying it was all me..no problem
But right now you sound like a kid who has just realised that Santa and the Tooth Fairy dont exist all at once.

I have endless footage of my swing during the Geoff years and after the Geoff years to show what Dan and I have worked on if you would like me to show it on this forum,if you would like me to do so just say and I will show it with pleasure...
My .my  .you obviously have a problem with holding your temper.Maybe that is the reason why you can not compete successfully  anymore .Maybe we can arrange  some sessions with my psychologist  wife to help you with your   problems
You may not like my posts ,but  that is no reason to make remarks that are not appropriate in  mixed company.i  have never STOOPED  to that level  and do not intend to start now
In your previous post ,you stated" If you are not competing,how can you compile a record" .In turn i stated that that this was not entirely true.,the you   may  have competed less often  and much  less successfully but not stopped"  .You just stated that was true ,so how was i incorrect .Maybe you do not  think that the Travis tournament in Garden Cit NY is serious competition ,but some of my friends would tend to disagree.
You stated that" I never hit the ball the way  i wanted". The quote from 'Arkansas  golf"   contradicts this .Were you correct then or were  you  correct in your  recent post?
So in these  two instances  ,you owe me an apology in implying that you were  a liar
I see nothing that is inaccurate   about my comments about the Slicefixer  swing  .If you or anyone else can find any  ,please tell me and i will change them  The problems  that i cited  and that you mentioned are very common. Many  golfer's who have seen  Slicefixer  can confirm the the frequency of these problems.the difference between those golfers and you is that  they only see him once every 6 months and you could see him every day

As a completely neutral bystander who knows nothing of the players in this thread, you've gone off the deep end. It doesn't look like I'm the only one who thinks so, either. MGWP has been much more patient, respectful, and accommodating than I would have been had you treated me like that. It's clear that you are the one who should be spending time on your wife's couch having your head shrunk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors