Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Match the shafts or play to different?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pitchswag

Pitchswag

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 224245
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

In my driver, Titleist 913D3 I am playing a Diamana D+ White 62 X.

In my fairway 3 wood, 913Fd LS 13.5° I am playing a Diamana S+ Blue 72/82 X. --> I used to play a Project X-8B4, but since it was upcharge I changed to the S+ Blue, which almost had the same launch and feel.

A clubfitter told me today, that it was a good idea to match the shaft that I have in my driver, so he would recommend me to play a D+ White 72/82 X in stead because that will provide the same trajectory and spin, and I know the shaft fits me...... Huh?

I just think the D+ White shaft is launching too low for my 3 wood, and the funny thing is, the fitter who fitted me some years ago for my 910's driver and fairway had no problems with giving me a Diamana Blue 73x in the driver and a Project X-8B4 in the fairway.

So is it a good or bad thing not to match the shaft, or should I go and test it again?

Or maybe he meant I should try match the shaft bend-profile but it was okay to use different brands. Then I can see I am wrong.

Edited by cp1337, 27 February 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 RighttoLeft

RighttoLeft

From the Cheap Seats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5556
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Go with the shaft that gives you the flight and feel that you like. If they match great, if not, so be it.
Tiger played a Whiteboard in the driver and Blueboards in the fairway woods, so take that for what it's worth.

#3 richard t

richard t

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85373
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

FWIW- I sure am not Tiger, but I cannot recall ever having the same shaft in my driver and fairways. Well, not since steel shafts in everything. As OP said, play what works. Nothing has to match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors